follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 08-15-2014, 10:14 PM   #85
brzr

Drives: 2013 frs
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliu91 View Post
Are they MK4's? MK4s are primarily owned by idiots and even the VW community looks down at them like the red headed step child that they are.

my first car was a mkIV golf tdi.....it was my little baby.....
i don't drive like a douchette
granny style most of the time......slow aka speed limit in the right lane where slow people go
The Following User Says Thank You to brzr For This Useful Post:
wparsons (08-16-2014)
Old 08-22-2014, 01:06 AM   #86
RRnold
2 wheel member

Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mact View Post
No one has hated on your Supra. That must mean Supra's have never and will never get hated on.
So what Toyota's were you referring to?
Old 08-22-2014, 02:35 AM   #87
s2d4

Drives: R32 GTR, AW11 MR2 SC, GTS86 R
Thanked 1,223 Times in 708 Posts
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRnold View Post
So what Toyota's were you referring to?
Camry?
Old 08-22-2014, 03:55 PM   #88
Demandred7

Drives: 2018 Camry XSE V6
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
People seem to feel an irresistible urge to show up "fast looking" cars like the FR-S. The reality is that unless you are boosted, the FR-S isn't going to win many stoplight races or any road going moves that require just pure acceleration. Throw some corners at most cars and they just can't do it or they don't inspire enough confidence to do it. Throw the same at an FR-S and you can just chuck it into the corners and keep coming back for more.
Unfortunately, I don't think that it is any particular mark of car, but, rather the fact that there are just so many douchebags on the road in general (and they seem to be reproducing like rabbits). There is no need for anyone to harass another driver if they were minding their own business, but, I am definitely of the opinion that "don't bring none, don't get none" attitude. It has been tough on occasions not to respond in kind or vent on the forum about it in a moment of frustration. You poke the bear enough times with a stick and he eventually will get mad.

As FR-S drivers we should continue to stay the course and take the high road and stay classy (or at least try to). We may not always succeed, but, it is a good goal.
Demandred7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:14 PM   #89
nzer

Drives: 2012 Grey TRD GT86, 2015 VW Golf R
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Got a Golf R coming for my wife, build week for it is this week after waiting since February.

Will see if she flips me the bird if I'm beside her at the lights and she smokes me.
Old 10-12-2014, 04:23 PM   #90
FA5

Drives: 2008 CIVIC SI, 2013 BRZ, 2013 M5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
People are stupid. They are just annoying like bugs.
Just got some k20 dude bugging my ass from Kennedy to 400hwy at the other night. It was so annoying and I had to stop at the Shell station at Jane for a while. Some dudes are just so rude and wanna to proof their cars are better than yours. It doesn't matter they drive VW, Honda or Mazda. This is their nature but their cars.
FA5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FA5 For This Useful Post:
hmong337 (10-12-2014)
Old 10-12-2014, 05:20 PM   #91
hmong337
Emperor JDM

Drives: '91 MR2 Gen3 3SGTE, '13 FRS
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FA5 View Post
People are stupid. They are just annoying like bugs.
Just got some k20 dude bugging my ass from Kennedy to 400hwy at the other night. It was so annoying and I had to stop at the Shell station at Jane for a while. Some dudes are just so rude and wanna to proof their cars are better than yours. It doesn't matter they drive VW, Honda or Mazda. This is their nature but their cars.
Truth..

I guess in my area it is the VW's lol. They are everywhere ahah. They remind me of back when I had my red MR2 and civics used to bug me.

Had a suped up r35 gtr play with me in my mr2. That was awesome to watch even when I'm getting my ass handed to ahaha.

But the turbo golfs are whack as hell out in Waterloo. Hella fail everywhere there.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:38 PM   #92
df.dima

Drives: FR-S and Mazda 3 Sky
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Good thing this was floated back up. Just last week I met a mexi-flushed baller rims Golf on stock suspension that looked really funny, like a Jeep. He was on my ass for some time, then decided to zig-zag - cut in front of me to the right, cut off a BMW Z4 to the left and then back to the right. This is in back-to-work traffic just after 5pm. 15 seconds later he was stuck behind 10 cars at the intersection. I guess he won being first there LOL.
df.dima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 12:18 AM   #93
FA5

Drives: 2008 CIVIC SI, 2013 BRZ, 2013 M5
I love driving alone with some music. This is my little private monument and just don't need someone mess with my mood. Just leave me alone.
FA5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 02:29 AM   #94
WesleyG

Drives: 2014 Satin White Pearl GTS auto
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
They are everywhere, in in SA. Speaking about why the 86 is overpriced and lacks a premium feel to their jacked up grocery getters
Old 10-13-2014, 12:54 PM   #95
quality_sound

Drives: '15 BRZ Series.Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyG View Post
They are everywhere, in in SA. Speaking about why the 86 is overpriced and lacks a premium feel to their jacked up grocery getters
In all fairness, the build quality and material quality beats the ever-loving shit out of everything coming out of Japan except for the luxury models and even some of those aren't as good. You call them "jacked up grocery getters" but a Golf R will spank the twins and a GTI is at least as good. Sure, the twins are more visceral, more raw, more "fun". From a technical aspect, they ARE better.
quality_sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 05:38 PM   #96
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,635 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
In all fairness, the build quality and material quality beats the ever-loving shit out of everything coming out of Japan except for the luxury models and even some of those aren't as good. You call them "jacked up grocery getters" but a Golf R will spank the twins and a GTI is at least as good. Sure, the twins are more visceral, more raw, more "fun". From a technical aspect, they ARE better.
You forgot to add, "In my OPINION".

You don't state what you drive, but I hope it's a VW.

Not sure why, but I find VW's have a high "perceived" quality, but I know they are no Toyotas for reliability.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.

Last edited by wbradley; 10-13-2014 at 07:30 PM.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wbradley For This Useful Post:
Demandred7 (10-16-2014), Tcoat (10-13-2014)
Old 10-16-2014, 02:29 PM   #97
quality_sound

Drives: '15 BRZ Series.Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
You forgot to add, "In my OPINION".

You don't state what you drive, but I hope it's a VW.

Not sure why, but I find VW's have a high "perceived" quality, but I know they are no Toyotas for reliability.
Weird, I entered my car info into my profile.

I currently drive a '15 Series.Blue. Before that I had a '15 Charger, Before that, '14 STI, which was my first Subaru.
Before that I've had:
'13 Golf TDI
'13 Tundra
'12 John Cooper Works Clubman
'11 Audi A4 Avant
'10 E90 M3
'08 GTI
'07 Rabbit
'07 Civic Si
'04 Passat Variant
'99 Passat
'95 Jetta
'91 Accord
Chevy Beretta (I forget the year)
'87 Isuzu Stylus
'85 Merkur XR4Ti
'87 S-10
'91 Geo Metro

So yes, I've had a LOT of VW/Audi experience. Enough to know that my "opinion" isn't just an opinion. ANY review you read will say the same thing. VW is the absolute class leader in interior quality, period. Japanese interiors use thinner materials, less padding, and, in general, lower quality parts. Evidence of that is how easily a Japanese interior is scratched, or damaged in general. That even follows over to paint quality. In my entire life I've only ever sanded through the clear coat during a rock chip repair on two cars, both of my Subarus. On ANY of my other cars I never had an issue. I know it's because Japanese cars value weight savings for either performance reasons or for economy, but German cars still manage to do very well in both categories without making it feel like a tin can.

Don't take this to mean I'm unhappy with my Subarus. They're both immensely fun to drive. If I have to be honest, however, the only reason I'm in a BRZ now is because VW pooched the MkVII GTI rollout and I STILL wouldn't be able to buy a 2-door with the lighting and performance packages. It's just dumb. I will, however, very much enjoy my time with my Subarus and when it's time to move on, I will absolutely look at VW again.
quality_sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 03:58 PM   #98
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,635 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
Enough to know that my "opinion" isn't just an opinion. ANY review you read will say the same thing. VW is the absolute class leader in interior quality, period. Japanese interiors use thinner materials, less padding, and, in general, lower quality parts.
Wow that's a paradox.
Your opinion isn't just an opinion, eh? So you are the ultimate authority? You have read every car publication ever, and all car reviews are impartial?

Tell me why then, I prefer the look of my 2015 WRX interior over a VW GTI. I guess that's just my opinion, not the absolute truth?

You are very worked up over nothing. I personally don't care for VW products. Their interior designs don't appeal to me, even if they don't scratch easily. I value reliability and perhaps thats skews my view. I owned one GTI, bought new. It was my last VW product. Audi cars look nice but in the same price bracket I'd take a BMW with vinyl seats or maybe a Lexus. That's just my opinion.

I respect your opinion. Stating what you say is absolute is reminiscent of a certain German of the past, you know, the one who parted his hair to the wrong side and had a Charlie Chaplin mustache.

LOL
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wbradley For This Useful Post:
Demandred7 (10-16-2014)