follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

View Poll Results: Which version would you buy, assuming they all were made.
Toyota 23 74.19%
Subaru 4 12.90%
Scion 2 6.45%
Lexus (it would probably be several thousand more) 2 6.45%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 04-04-2011, 08:08 PM   #1
SOB
Banned

Drives: 1964 Chevy Cheetah
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Which version would you buy? Toyota, Scion, Subaru, or Lexus

Which version do you plan to buy? Assuming they had a variant in each of the 4 companies.

Obviously if there was a Lexus version it would be nicer quality but it would also cost more possibly pushing you into getting one of the other versions. Assume the drivetrain was the same throughout the line up and the differences were limited to interior and exterior styling. We already know what typical Scion's, Subaru's, Toyota's, and Lexus's have in terms of styling and assuming those styling cue carries over to the FT- 86 which would you most likely buy?

Before I get flamed, which seems to be the norm around here, stfu! This probably is a waste of your time, but since you have nothing better to do stfu! If this is a huge waste of your time there is no need to waste even more time by crying about it!

Good day!
SOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:17 PM   #2
tranzformer
Delights in pure handling

Drives: Zoom Zoom
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Toyota for me.
tranzformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:29 PM   #3
Fortunate Few
will photoshop for ft86

Drives: 07 Mazda RX8
Send a message via AIM to Fortunate Few
same price tag, same power. it would come down to looks. based of the concept II and the newest suby rendering id have to say the Toyota. but im not voting until i see something official from Subaru.
Fortunate Few is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:54 PM   #4
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,052 Times in 8,327 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortunate Few View Post
same price tag, same power. it would come down to looks. based of the concept II and the newest suby rendering id have to say the Toyota. but im not voting until i see something official from Subaru.
Ditto
Old 04-04-2011, 09:28 PM   #5
Zorro

Drives: G35 V36 6MT
+2

toyota or subie, whatever looks best. I might be tempted with the lexus, I will see whats up.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:41 PM   #6
zigzagz94
BRZerhood Lurker #13

Drives: 15 DGM BRZ Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOB View Post
Before I get flamed, which seems to be the norm around here, stfu! This probably is a waste of your time, but since you have nothing better to do stfu!!

Wow a whole 5 posts, two new worthless threads, and you're already telling people to STFU. Yeah you'll fit in perfectly around here.

How can anyone make a decision on wich version they would buy when we know absolutely nothing about the Subaru, Scion, or mythical Lexus versions?

You called it.... huge waste of time.

And I still vote
zigzagz94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:59 PM   #7
tranzformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
+2

toyota or subie, whatever looks best. I might be tempted with the lexus, I will see whats up.
Yep, Toyota is my default and then probably the Subaru (all else being equal). My personal preference is that this should be a Toyota. Lexus is interesting if it had a real nice interior that feels higher end, but not sure if that worth several thousand $$$. I don't need leather (actually prefer not having it), but I would like an interior that isn't made from cheap plastic and feels cheap and rattles at speed.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:59 PM   #8
john

Drives: 2003 Honda S2000
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagz94 View Post

How can anyone make a decision on wich version they would buy when we know absolutely nothing about the Subaru, Scion, or mythical Lexus versions?
Hell...we still don't even know that much about the Toyota FT86.
john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:01 PM   #9
tranzformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by john View Post
Yup, exactly. If we can only talk about the production version, this site is useless at this point. It is fun to speculate in anticipation of official news/releases.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:13 PM   #10
zigzagz94
BRZerhood Lurker #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by john View Post
Yes but of the four versions the OP mentioned the Toyota is the only one we have a good idea what the final exterior styling will look like. Making a buying decision about the Toyota version based on styling is reasonable.

Right now people are just basing their opinions for this poll on badges and branding which imo is stupid.

Anything could happen. Come April 20th Scion could release a concept that blows the original 2 toyota versions away (I doubt it but it could happen)

OP said the differences were limited to interior and exterior styling only but we haven't seen official concepts of the other 3 versions so this thread is a waste of time.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:16 PM   #11
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,052 Times in 8,327 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Yes but of the four versions the OP mentioned the Toyota is the only one we have a good idea what the final exterior styling will look like. Making a buying decision about the Toyota version based on styling is reasonable.

Right now people are just basing their opinions for this poll on badges and branding which imo is stupid.

Anything could happen. Come April 20th Scion could release a concept that blows the original 2 toyota versions away (I doubt it but it could happen)

OP said the differences were limited to interior and exterior styling only but we haven't seen official concepts of the other 3 versions so this thread is a waste of time.
Now now, I do agree w you, but it's waste of energy & time to get pissed off.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:20 PM   #12
SOB
Banned

Drives: 1964 Chevy Cheetah
Quote:
Wow a whole 5 posts, two new worthless threads, and you're already telling people to STFU. Yeah you'll fit in perfectly around here.

You called it.... huge waste of time.

And I still vote
Everything on this site is a waste of time considering the very limited information which has been released. I've seen threads about trunk size, hp, lateral acceleration, mpg, and a whole a lot more. And guess what... It's all speculation!

I should of added a 5th poll option, "I'm a douche, and I like to complain about everything". Maybe a modderator can add it, so you can go back and vote.
SOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:22 PM   #13
tranzformer

Quote:
the Toyota is the only one we have a good idea what the final exterior styling will look like.
So it the Toyota version going to look like version 1 or version 2? Of course even you don't know. None of us know for sure. We don't even have a firm date on when it will go on sale.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:31 PM   #14
zigzagz94
BRZerhood Lurker #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranzformer View Post
So it the Toyota version going to look like version 1 or version 2? Of course even you don't know. None of us know for sure. We don't even have a firm date on when it will go on sale.
Version 2

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1033

Akihiro Nagaya, the manager of Toyota’s design division, told Autocar that the changes had been made after test drivers’ reaction to early prototypes of the car....Nagaya said the Geneva car was “a fair indication” of how the final production model could look when it arrives at the Tokyo show in December.