follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 10-06-2014, 03:29 PM   #491
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Drives: Accord 2.0T, Silverado
Thanked 2,208 Times in 1,072 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Driver View Post
And that pretty much sums up my feeling right now. First, I think they should just scrap the whole PvP thing in this game. I think it's horrible, boring and personally I don't understand the point of it in this game. Maybe I'm missing something? Then this weekend I started to feel like I was hitting a wall as I had completed all the current "story" missions/raids/strikes and I was just not getting "legendary" drops of any kind. Heck, I'm having a hard time finding all the gold chests and I have spent a lot of time scouting every little nook and cranny. Retracing your steps over and over and fighting the same bad guys literally seconds later gets old. So I found my interest starting to wane this weekend.
Nooo, hell no. I love the PVP. I am absolutely terrible at it unless I'm running skirmish with my two buddies, but I still love it.

If you had done the Queen's missions, you should have a legendary helm and chest.
n2oinferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 03:31 PM   #492
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Drives: 2002 AP1 and 2015 F-150 EB (DD)
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by malave7567 View Post
This past weekend I spent entirely too long playing, but was a couple hours a day, to the longest day being 4 hours.

Also, I actually really like the PVP in this game. My friends and I get together and roll like our old Halo team. We have a lot of fun with it. There's still a few things we think should be tweaked about it, but we really enjoy it.

And I'm sure the PvP thing is fun for a lot of people and maybe I'd even enjoy it under the right circumstances. For me, personally, I'd much rather pop in Titanfall if I want to play PvP. I enjoy that game tremendously but that is what it is was designed to be. To me, it feels like they were trying to make Destiny do a little of everything and maybe missed the mark on the core of the game, the story/missions. Maybe with the the upcoming expansions/ptaches they'll fix/add some stuff to help balance it all out.
53Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 03:35 PM   #493
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2oinferno View Post
Nooo, hell no. I love the PVP. I am absolutely terrible at it unless I'm running skirmish with my two buddies, but I still love it.

If you had done the Queen's missions, you should have a legendary helm and chest.
Okay, this is where I feel dumb. When you say the Queen's missions, are you talking about the one over on the left of the main map that is listed as "very hard"? When I go to the Reef, there is nothing there that is open for me to do. I've been balancing out my bounties with Queen/Vanguard bounties, but I haven't done any specific Queen's mission(s). That is the one I have yet to try (I inlocked VoG this weekend but I think it won't let me play as my level/gear isn't high enough?...and I would need to join a group of 5 other people).
Old 10-06-2014, 03:47 PM   #494
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Quote:
Okay, this is where I feel dumb. When you say the Queen's missions, are you talking about the one over on the left of the main map that is listed as "very hard"? When I go to the Reef, there is nothing there that is open for me to do. I've been balancing out my bounties with Queen/Vanguard bounties, but I haven't done any specific Queen's mission(s). That is the one I have yet to try (I inlocked VoG this weekend but I think it won't let me play as my level/gear isn't high enough?...and I would need to join a group of 5 other people).
Yes. And you don't go to the reef. You select the icon on the left hand side and sets your destination to Queen's Wrath or something. Then it dumps you into a random story mission at level 24 and yes, they are hard, so if you can get a group you're much better off. When you finish the story event, one of the queen's tokens is consumed from your inventory and you are given a legendary. Believe there's helm, chest, ship, and sniper rifle.
The Following User Says Thank You to n2oinferno For This Useful Post:
53Driver (10-06-2014)
Old 10-06-2014, 03:53 PM   #495
tahdizzle
So elite I'm 1338

Drives: WRB Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,934 Times in 982 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Garage
Queen's kill order missions are on the left side of the screen, but you're talking about the nightfall.

Queen's kill order missions became available after you turned in a Queen's Bounty. The Queens bounties are/were available at the NPC that gave you the normal bounties. Queen's bounties have purple icons. Once you completed a bounty (like kill 200 fallen with percision damage), you turn in and then you get a kill order.

A queen's kill order mission, is just a story mission with a modifier and tougher mobs. They were extemely easy to solo.

There are 5 different rewards for the kill orders. they are/were: Helmet, Chest, Sniper Rifle, Ship, and color shader.

At the beginning of the event, the legendary armor you recieved from the kill order could be broken down into ascendent shards. They patched that quick.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tahdizzle For This Useful Post:
53Driver (10-06-2014), MrBlaze-65 (10-06-2014)
Old 10-06-2014, 03:59 PM   #496
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

So basically it sounds like I need to try the Queen's kill order missions. That's the one area I have not attempted yet, except for maybe some of the Crucible related stuff.
Old 10-06-2014, 04:01 PM   #497
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

And @n2oinferno says they're hard and @tahdizzle says they're easy.
Old 10-06-2014, 04:53 PM   #498
MokSpeed
Granny Shifter

Drives: 2014 FR-S
Thanked 1,289 Times in 711 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
I think they should just scrap the whole PvP thing in this game..

I'm all for this at the moment. There is no need for PvP when they can't even get the game itself right. Perhaps in the future they can relaunch PvP with a more balanced system. There is no such thing as a completely balanced shooter, but it doesn't have to be as bad as it currently stands. I'm pretty good at PvP but if I wanted a pure multiplayer shooter I'd get Battlefield, COD, Halo or something along those lines. I bought Destiny under the impression I'd receive something entirely different.
MokSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MokSpeed For This Useful Post:
53Driver (10-06-2014)
Old 10-06-2014, 07:31 PM   #499
tahdizzle
So elite I'm 1338

Drives: WRB Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,934 Times in 982 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
And @n2oinferno says they're hard and @tahdizzle says they're easy.

Each mission has a damage modifier to a certain element (Solar, Void, Arc). Those damage types have a considerable boost.

I just bring out my heavy weapon (machine gun) and mow down the boss. Once the boss dies, the mission is done. Takes like 1 magazine.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:53 PM   #500
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahdizzle View Post
Each mission has a damage modifier to a certain element (Solar, Void, Arc). Those damage types have a considerable boost.

I just bring out my heavy weapon (machine gun) and mow down the boss. Once the boss dies, the mission is done. Takes like 1 magazine.
Mine haven't. I've run into several without a damage modifier, but enemies were shielded unless I had elemental damage. And then I ran out of secondary ammo and had to evacuate. Sucks for me.

They were easy with a group. Soloing I had issues.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:25 PM   #501
wheelhaus

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2020 KTM Super Duke 1290R
Thanked 1,141 Times in 624 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
geez, got my third exotic bounty... I now have the Super Good Advice machine gun (found it after two chests and already in Recalcitrant stage), as well as bounties for Thorn and Bad Juju. I wish I wasn't forced to PvP to get them.

Quote:
So basically it sounds like I need to try the Queen's kill order missions. That's the one area I have not attempted yet, except for maybe some of the Crucible related stuff.
This is what I've been trying to tell you, completing a kill order is essentially a guaranteed legendary. Rinse and repeat until you get the helmet and chest and you'll have two legendary armor pieces to start with.
They are accessible from the destination screen in orbit, at the top of the leftmost column with her Icon that looks like an M or W or whatever. This mission is level 24 "very hard" because it has the "epic" modifier, which means most enemies have strong shields.

The only problem I'm seeing now, is that the Queen's event allegedly runs until Oct 6th, today. So maybe when the reset happens tomorrow they will no longer be available?

Also, the drop rates seem to have been lowered... I haven't picked up a single purple since the patch, where before I was finding 1-3 a day (but were typically blues once decrypted). Maybe because they're guaranteed now? So maybe the chances of getting a legendary are the same, if that makes sense.
wheelhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:22 AM   #502
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Servers are going down shortly for a few hours so they can do maintenance. And yes, the Queen's Wrath event is over, replaced with Iron Banner.

I could be wrong but I recall reading something that Bungie hasn't lowered the drop rate for legendary engrams. I've only ever gotten two, ever. So there's that..
Old 10-07-2014, 09:08 AM   #503
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahdizzle View Post

Man, you must be good. I've never been able to mow down the boss with one magazine from my heavy weapon.

Quote:
Mine haven't. I've run into several without a damage modifier, but enemies were shielded unless I had elemental damage. And then I ran out of secondary ammo and had to evacuate. Sucks for me.

They were easy with a group. Soloing I had issues.
Same here. I decided to try the Queen's Kill Order last night. I guess I had put it off because it was rated "very hard" and I was finding the "hard" ones, well hard. Of course, I have been soloing pretty much everything so I'm sure that makes it more difficult. I got whacked about 3 times and then the girlfriend and her kid showed up at home so I didn't finish the mission. Those goblins were hitting real hard. A back to back hit on you resulted in guardian down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelhaus View Post
geez, got my third exotic bounty... I now have the Super Good Advice machine gun (found it after two chests and already in Recalcitrant stage), as well as bounties for Thorn and Bad Juju. I wish I wasn't forced to PvP to get them.

This is what I've been trying to tell you, completing a kill order is essentially a guaranteed legendary. Rinse and repeat until you get the helmet and chest and you'll have two legendary armor pieces to start with.
They are accessible from the destination screen in orbit, at the top of the leftmost column with her Icon that looks like an M or W or whatever. This mission is level 24 "very hard" because it has the "epic" modifier, which means most enemies have strong shields.

The only problem I'm seeing now, is that the Queen's event allegedly runs until Oct 6th, today. So maybe when the reset happens tomorrow they will no longer be available?

Also, the drop rates seem to have been lowered... I haven't picked up a single purple since the patch, where before I was finding 1-3 a day (but were typically blues once decrypted). Maybe because they're guaranteed now? So maybe the chances of getting a legendary are the same, if that makes sense.
I guess I missed my shot at taking advantage of the Queen's missions. I've only had one legendary engram drop and the cryptarch deciphered it into a rare weapon I already had. I did get a legendary set of gauntlents as a reward for one of the strikes from the Titan Vanguard. I guess I really need to start playing the PvP despite my having no interest in it. Sounds like a lot of stuff has been picked up from doing the PvP stuff.

Quote:
Servers are going down shortly for a few hours so they can do maintenance. And yes, the Queen's Wrath event is over, replaced with Iron Banner.

I could be wrong but I recall reading something that Bungie hasn't lowered the drop rate for legendary engrams. I've only ever gotten two, ever. So there's that..
Hmmm, Iron Banner...
Old 10-07-2014, 09:52 AM   #504
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Quote:
I guess I missed my shot at taking advantage of the Queen's missions. I've only had one legendary engram drop and the cryptarch deciphered it into a rare weapon I already had. I did get a legendary set of gauntlents as a reward for one of the strikes from the Titan Vanguard. I guess I really need to start playing the PvP despite my having no interest in it. Sounds like a lot of stuff has been picked up from doing the PvP stuff.
Keep doing level 24 Tiger strikes in the playlist. You will get a blue or purple engram for finishing it, plus vanguard marks and rep. And then you can turn those marks in for legendary gear at the vanguard quartermaster.

I've gotten a handful of things from PvP that I used as stepping stones, but my best equipment was all gained from PvE.
The Following User Says Thank You to n2oinferno For This Useful Post:
53Driver (10-07-2014)