follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 05-11-2013, 01:32 AM   #169
Gen

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusbarragan View Post
What does the backside of the dash piece look like?
Essentially the same as it did originally but with a bit of glue. I have no other way to describe it
Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:46 AM   #170
JPM Coachworks

Drives: Honda S2000, Subaru STI
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to JPM Coachworks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen View Post
Essentially the same as it did originally but with a bit of glue. I have no other way to describe it
@Gen Exactly. I could not really figure out how to describe it either.

Cheers
Andrew

-JPMCoachworks.com
JPM Coachworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:51 AM   #171
WolfSongX

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited SWP
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen View Post
You aren't paying for my logo. I too received a discount on the piece for having the logo. Look at any part in the aftermarket industry; my FBM kit had "Full Blown" labeled on every coupler. Look at the Vortech intercooler--big white VORTECH letters across a black intercooler. They're simply signing their work, and having other people see and recognize their artistry brings attention to them. It's the same reason every car comes with the manufacturer's badge. If you'd rather not partake, you don't receive the discounted rate, that's all.

There's always Redline if anyone wants enormous, crooked "BRZ" lettering across the piece.

edit: For the record, I paid the identical price everyone else did on every piece I've ordered--no 'guinea pig' discount. For as long as JPM has been doing this, they can eyeball just about any piece and determine if it's possible and how much labor it will be.
Just to echo Gen's sentiment, when Andrew and I discussed doing my panel it was understood that the price I was being offered was discounted because of the logo being there and for the promotional value it offered JPM Coachworks. Andrew asked my honest opinion on what I thought about doing it that way and I felt that it was totally fair. We even discussed options with the logo, such as being on a stamped plate or branded, but I felt the embroidery looked the best.

So, you aren't going to be paying for my embroidery either.

I assume you realize that continually attacking a respected vendor on their pricing is going to get you labelled a Troll. The staff at JPM are also professional enough to not to dignify something like that with a response.

On their pricing, I think that JPM Coachworks are very fair and they deliver a very high standard of quality with their product. They also deserve to be able to pay their bills, pay their staff, attain recognition for their work and flourish as a business. They earned my business the old-fashioned way, by working for it. They definitely deserve way more respect than you are giving them.

2013 BRZ Limited SWP
Professional driver in search of closed course..
WolfSongX is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WolfSongX For This Useful Post:
JPM Coachworks (05-11-2013)
Old 05-11-2013, 02:15 AM   #172
Dezoris

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,997 Times in 1,095 Posts
Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I am glad I came upon this as I was going to have some custom head unit pieces fabricated and this is much better PM sent!
Old 05-11-2013, 02:33 AM   #173
s2d4

Drives: R32 GTR, AW11 MR2 SC, GTS86 R
Thanked 1,223 Times in 708 Posts
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
@JPM Coachworks
Thanks for finally getting back to me.

Other people had their views, some were valid but some were purely because they got what they wanted at a discount rate. Some were also beligerant but I doubt that would be your official position. One person even implied that I am trolling for simply asking for your clarification regardless if my content was mathematically sound.

I was just asking about the fairness of the price model, i am not asking for the non logo item to be cheaper.
We've established:
1. It cost more to produce the item with logo.
2. It is a discount at its current price - so perhaps a 250 item for 200.
3. without logo - no discount and adds price.
4. JPM can do whatever they like, charge more or don't even offer it as a option for others.

I have no logical problems with 1,2 and 4.
As for 3, no discount is fair, adding price just covers 1.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:49 AM   #174
DSOmegaX

Drives: '19 M2 Comp, '20 GR Supra
Thanked 2,153 Times in 986 Posts
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2d4 View Post
@JPM Coachworks
Thanks for finally getting back to me.

Other people had their views, some were valid but some were purely because they got what they wanted at a discount rate. Some were also beligerant but I doubt that would be your official position. One person even implied that I am trolling for simply asking for your clarification regardless if my content was mathematically sound.

I was just asking about the fairness of the price model, i am not asking for the non logo item to be cheaper.
We've established:
1. It cost more to produce the item with logo.
2. It is a discount at its current price - so perhaps a 250 item for 200.
3. without logo - no discount and adds price.
4. JPM can do whatever they like, charge more or don't even offer it as a option for others.

I have no logical problems with 1,2 and 4.
As for 3, no discount is fair, adding price just covers 1.
I think the fact that you're looking for justification in the first place is flawed. JPM creates a product/service and is within their rights to add their logo. Like any company, its to establish their identity on the product and create exposure. Consider yourself lucky that JPM is even offering the option to remove their logo entirely. Again, it's like asking any company out there to remove their brand from any product you buy i.e. Oakley sunglasses, Nike shoes, Scion FR-S.

2019 BMW M2 Competition | LBB | ///M Performance Build Thread
2020 Toyota GR Supra | Turbulence | TRD | Build Thread
DSOmegaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:51 AM   #175
JPM Coachworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezoris View Post
I am glad I came upon this as I was going to have some custom head unit pieces fabricated and this is much better PM sent!
@Dezoris Response Sent. That set-up is awesome!
Old 05-11-2013, 03:47 AM   #176
s2d4

Drives: R32 GTR, AW11 MR2 SC, GTS86 R
Thanked 1,223 Times in 708 Posts
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSOmegaX View Post
I think the fact that you're looking for justification in the first place is flawed. JPM creates a product/service and is within their rights to add their logo. Like any company, its to establish their identity on the product and create exposure. Consider yourself lucky that JPM is even offering the option to remove their logo entirely. Again, it's like asking any company out there to remove their brand from any product you buy i.e. Oakley sunglasses, Nike shoes, Scion FR-S.
Yes, that is what 4 was refering to. As stated, completely within their right to do so.

Number 3 is odd, that is all. It just isnt mathematically or logically sound. Perhaps its an engineering thing, I just cant sign off on anything that goes against correct calcs or logical justification for only one side of the solution.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:25 AM   #177
OICU812
Just a dude

Drives: Scion FR-S 2013
Thanked 1,188 Times in 852 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Even though my FR-S visors do not have mirrors etc in them, I would really like to have some that are material covered and NOT just plastic as they are now. If you ever make some for FR-S PM me and I will buy them NOW!!!
OICU812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:54 AM   #178
Skurj

Drives: SOLD...
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
+1 for no logo

Send a small window sticker in the package instead.
Replaced with 18 50th edition ND
Skurj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #179
JPM Coachworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Even though my FR-S visors do not have mirrors etc in them, I would really like to have some that are material covered and NOT just plastic as they are now. If you ever make some for FR-S PM me and I will buy them NOW!!!
@OICU812 We should not have any problem making that assuming the visor is the exact same (sizing, etc.) and the only difference is that it does not have a mirror.

Cheers
Andrew

-JPMCoachworks.com
Old 05-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #180
WolfSongX

Garage
Some better pics taken in the sun instead of the ones in the garage. I did go back and edit the pictures from last night and resize them so they shouldn't make the page take forever to load.

Yeah... I know I need a vacuum... I just cleaned it last weekend, so that tells you how much dirt collects in a week.

Oh, and an exterior shot because I just got my new wheels mounted today. RCE Yellows are sitting in my living room to handle the SUV-like stance.

Wheels are XXR 530's 17x8.25 + 35 offset with BFG gForce Sport Comp2's in 245/40-17, stock ride height at the moment.

2013 BRZ Limited SWP
The Following User Says Thank You to WolfSongX For This Useful Post:
abutterman (05-11-2013)
Old 05-11-2013, 04:56 PM   #181
JPM Coachworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfSongX View Post
Some better pics taken in the sun instead of the ones in the garage. I did go back and edit the pictures from last night and resize them so they shouldn't make the page take forever to load.

Yeah... I know I need a vacuum... I just cleaned it last weekend, so that tells you how much dirt collects in a week.

Oh, and an exterior shot because I just got my new wheels mounted today. RCE Yellows are sitting in my living room to handle the SUV-like stance.

Wheels are XXR 530's 17x8.25 + 35 offset with BFG gForce Sport Comp2's in 245/40-17, stock ride height at the moment.
@WolfSongX Looking great! Love the wheels! Thanks for the photos with some outdoor lighting. The more I see it, the bigger the impact that panels have on me.

Cheers
Andrew

-JPMCoachworks.com
Old 05-11-2013, 08:42 PM   #182
WolfSongX

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPM Coachworks View Post
@WolfSongX Looking great! Love the wheels! Thanks for the photos with some outdoor lighting. The more I see it, the bigger the impact that panels have on me.

Cheers
Andrew

-JPMCoachworks.com
Thanks Andrew... I'm starting to get the exterior as nice as the interior...

I have to say, the dash panel just is the visual center of the interior, and so with the knee pads, speaker covers, cluster surround and the two boots, it gives the interior a focus. When I was out driving today it almost feels like I'm in a different vehicle... it was a transformation and I couldn't stop smiling during the ride. Just a nice place to be.

As to what's next... I'm really not sure. I think I can sneak in another part this month. I'll email you in a few days when I figure it out..

2013 BRZ Limited SWP