follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 10-29-2019, 09:47 PM   #1
Takumidesh

Drives: 2013 FR-S, 2015 TC
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Live monitoring/datalogging tools?

Was wondering what you all use for datalogging and live monitoring.
I have an OFT right now, and while I love the open aspect of it, the actual interface of the device is pretty garbage. It's hard to quickly start/save datalogs since the buttons are super tiny, the tablet has a lot of just large plastic that takes up a lot of space, and the cable is finicky, one bump or nudge and my gauges go dead.

So does anyone have any suggestions? Something of the quality of cobb accessport would be awesome, I know torque(Android) is an option, but kind of a pain having to tie up my phone with a big air fuel ratio gauge.

Also, off topic, butni have heard with ecutek you can do things like set the cruise control stalk to start datalogging, is the possible with oft?

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk
Takumidesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:14 PM   #2
toast

Drives: 14 BSP Edelbrock BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
There is a bluetooth interface for ECUTek that lets you set up a live dashboard for monitoring as well as doing full datalogging.

I have two identical dashboards but one is set to be very dark with muted colors for nighttime. I have my datalogs set up to get shared to my Google Drive as soon as they are created so I can view them from anywhere. Pretty slick.
toast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to toast For This Useful Post:
Takumidesh (10-30-2019)
Old 10-30-2019, 01:09 AM   #3
Takumidesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by toast View Post
There is a bluetooth interface for ECUTek that lets you set up a live dashboard for monitoring as well as doing full datalogging.

I have two identical dashboards but one is set to be very dark with muted colors for nighttime. I have my datalogs set up to get shared to my Google Drive as soon as they are created so I can view them from anywhere. Pretty slick.
That sounds awesome. is it connected to your phone then? do you start the log from the phone/device? or is there something in the car you can press.
Old 10-30-2019, 01:50 AM   #4
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toast View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumidesh View Post
That sounds awesome. is it connected to your phone then? do you start the log from the phone/device? or is there something in the car you can press.

If your oft is dropping out its likely the obd connection to car. Try getting a 1 meter extension cable with the right angle slim line plugs. So your not bumping cable with your knees.

As same think will happen with ecutek cable or blutooth adapter.

Also if you just want to monitor basic stuff like oil coolant and exhaist temps afr then a $10 blutooth dongle and android torque app will work.

The ecutek blutooth is like $300 or so usa, plus most of the knock logging doesnt work unless you have an ecutek racerom tune in ecu
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
Takumidesh (10-30-2019)
Old 10-30-2019, 03:09 AM   #5
Takumidesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
If your oft is dropping out its likely the obd connection to car. Try getting a 1 meter extension cable with the right angle slim line plugs. So your not bumping cable with your knees.
I actually bought an extension cable that has the right angle and a power switch, with the intention of being able to mount the oft in the car semi-permanently. However whenever I try to use that cable the oft never fully boots up and my gauges go dead. maybe it is just a bad cable?
Old 10-30-2019, 05:59 AM   #6
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumidesh View Post
I actually bought an extension cable that has the right angle and a power switch, with the intention of being able to mount the oft in the car semi-permanently. However whenever I try to use that cable the oft never fully boots up and my gauges go dead. maybe it is just a bad cable?

Ok sounds like bad cavle or bad connection
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote