follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 11-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #183
soconfoozed

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT WR Blue Pearl
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchMyHonda View Post
Damn crazy. You got a new car lmao.
Do you feel that's unreasonable in this situation? If so, why?
Tanuki (12-05-2012), TouchMyHonda (11-07-2012)
Old 11-06-2012, 04:48 PM   #184
Tanuki
Turtle Factory

Drives: Mint M3
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by motofan View Post
Have you checked the spot where your old one had problem?
The doors were locked, so I just had a look and left. I will really go through the car from top to bottom before I leave the lot. Lesson learned.
Tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:39 PM   #185
Tanuki
Turtle Factory

Updates: I finally got the financial information regarding the car and what I owe for the difference in parts added to the car. Toyota sold me the parts at cost (thanks by the way), and there were a few parts on the original car that I did not have installed on the new car. I was charged cost for the new parts and credited at cost for the parts I paid full price for. Seems weird right? Also what is bad about doing it this way, is the discounts get killed with the installation costs of the flaps and exhaust, so I should probably have just purchased and installed these two items separately as it would have saved me a couple hundred dollars overall. I don't have a lot of experience with the scion sales experience, but when I have had extra parts added to past vehicles, I have always been able to get the dealership/ sales guy to work me a deal on the parts price and gotten the labor fees waived, but I guess we live and learn.

Anyway, the I spoke with the Impartial Services Company yesterday, and set up the vehicle exchange for this Friday morning.

The entire process has been very interesting. My direct contact at Toyota/Scion (Denice Rose) has been a rock star though. She is very by the book, and I don't blame her for that as I know that with corporations, there are so many policies and procedures, that you don't really have the option of not doing things strictly by the book.

I do wish I had just left the deal on the table though, When I look at how many phone calls, emails, inspections, etc I definitely have not come out on top in this ordeal.

Lesson learned, fine tooth comb before we even go to finance on the next car. Maybe this will get me an automatic spot in the running for the first 86 program on the next generation of the car? Or Maybe Toyota will just black list me for being such a complainer? I really don't know.

I am just happy to be at the end of this.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:20 AM   #186
Yuck

Drives: Scion FRS 2013
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanuki View Post
Updates: I finally got the financial information regarding the car and what I owe for the difference in parts added to the car. Toyota sold me the parts at cost (thanks by the way), and there were a few parts on the original car that I did not have installed on the new car. I was charged cost for the new parts and credited at cost for the parts I paid full price for. Seems weird right? Also what is bad about doing it this way, is the discounts get killed with the installation costs of the flaps and exhaust, so I should probably have just purchased and installed these two items separately as it would have saved me a couple hundred dollars overall. I don't have a lot of experience with the scion sales experience, but when I have had extra parts added to past vehicles, I have always been able to get the dealership/ sales guy to work me a deal on the parts price and gotten the labor fees waived, but I guess we live and learn.

Anyway, the I spoke with the Impartial Services Company yesterday, and set up the vehicle exchange for this Friday morning.

The entire process has been very interesting. My direct contact at Toyota/Scion (Denice Rose) has been a rock star though. She is very by the book, and I don't blame her for that as I know that with corporations, there are so many policies and procedures, that you don't really have the option of not doing things strictly by the book.

I do wish I had just left the deal on the table though, When I look at how many phone calls, emails, inspections, etc I definitely have not come out on top in this ordeal.

Lesson learned, fine tooth comb before we even go to finance on the next car. Maybe this will get me an automatic spot in the running for the first 86 program on the next generation of the car? Or Maybe Toyota will just black list me for being such a complainer? I really don't know.

I am just happy to be at the end of this.
enjoy the new ride man!!!!!
Yuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:19 AM   #187
Tanuki
Turtle Factory

We are almost done with it all now!

I was finally able to trade out my car and pick up my New FRS.

My frist FRS was number 5,5XX and this one is 11,XXX so a bit strange that it is double what the previous was.

I put a fair amount of miles on the first FRS since purchasing it July 24, 2012.

Anyway here are pics of the new arrival.

Notice that was placed on the old car once the inspection was completed.

All that is left now, is for me to get the clear bra work done and send in for the reimbursement. The actual vehicle exchange process was very quick and easy (as far as the day of the transaction goes).
The Following User Says Thank You to Tanuki For This Useful Post:
bestwheelbase (12-08-2012)
Old 12-08-2012, 05:02 PM   #188
bestwheelbase

Drives: 1985 P-Type
Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,098 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanuki View Post
We are almost done with it all now!

I was finally able to trade out my car and pick up my New FRS.

All that is left now, is for me to get the clear bra work done and send in for the reimbursement. The actual vehicle exchange process was very quick and easy (as far as the day of the transaction goes).
Glad to hear this is almost behind you, @Tanuki.
bestwheelbase is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bestwheelbase For This Useful Post:
Tanuki (12-17-2012)
Old 12-09-2012, 07:51 PM   #189
Razz

Drives: Fast
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I'm glad you got a new car as that part helps in the structural rigidity.
Razz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Razz For This Useful Post:
Tanuki (12-17-2012)
Old 12-09-2012, 07:57 PM   #190
DaJo
FT86Club Vancouver

Drives: BRZ Sport-Tech; Drove: MR-S, AE86
Thanked 1,178 Times in 633 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Glad everything got sorted out! Still can't believe they gave you a new one; think about the next person in line who was waiting for one of these!

I guess they fixed the old one up for the auction hm?

2013 BRZ Sport-Tech 6AT
Since '12 (OEM+ STI tS Build)
2015 Lexus IS250 AWD F-Sport 2 2015-2018
2018 Lexus NX300 F-Sport 3 Since '18
DaJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DaJo For This Useful Post:
Tanuki (12-17-2012)
Old 12-14-2012, 04:17 PM   #191
RedRocket

Drives: Firestorm Red FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahausheer View Post
Subaru needs to know about this not just the dealer. I have never seen or heard about an issue like this. It's as if the robotic machines that weld body had an incorrect motion or something, perhaps it was damaged prior to being installed but then where is the QC????? Any explanation as to how this happened? Makes me realize that I need to do a thorough inspection prior to purchase.

This kind of thing happens ALL THE time. Read your paperwork,
"Manufacturer Repair, Some vehicles are damaged in manufacture. We cannot always be certain of the damage, but we do represent that all new vehicle warranty, and if it has been so damaged, has been repaired so that it will appear and operate as a new vehicle." Pretty Typical, Most damage is cosmetic in nature, and not even visible to owners/operators, and thusly doesn't get repaired.

WOW.. They gave you a new car.. That's awesome..
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RedRocket For This Useful Post:
Tanuki (12-17-2012)
Old 12-14-2012, 08:55 PM   #192
ahausheer
Re-member

Drives: Toyota camry
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
This kind of thing happens ALL THE time. Read your paperwork,
"Manufacturer Repair, Some vehicles are damaged in manufacture. We cannot always be certain of the damage, but we do represent that all new vehicle warranty, and if it has been so damaged, has been repaired so that it will appear and operate as a new vehicle." Pretty Typical, Most damage is cosmetic in nature, and not even visible to owners/operators, and thusly doesn't get repaired.

WOW.. They gave you a new car.. That's awesome..
That kind of thing does not happen all the time. Not to that degree on a structural/frame component that typically has little to no human intervention.
Tanuki (12-17-2012)
Old 12-17-2012, 05:35 PM   #193
Tanuki
Turtle Factory

Thanks for the support everyone. I turned in all of the remaining paper work for the clear bra reimbursement as well. I am guessing I will see a check sometime after christmas.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tanuki For This Useful Post:
bestwheelbase (12-18-2012), DaJo (12-17-2012)