follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 07-16-2014, 02:07 PM   #1
iStanley
They call me Stan

Drives: Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone experienced the quality of this seller?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151252289766...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It is either this or I am buying parts separately from Bayson R.
iStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:08 PM   #2
Shedd22
BAMF

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by iStanley View Post

I mean..they have a good seller rating. Just ship it back if it's not what you thought.

And if you do order them let me know how the quality is..
Old 07-16-2014, 03:40 PM   #3
Phantobe

Drives: 14 Ultramarine FR-S
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
That seems really cheap.

You know the saying.

2014 Ultramarine Scion FR-S
2000 Integra LS - SOLD
Phantobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:36 PM   #4
iStanley
They call me Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantobe View Post
That seems really cheap.

You know the saying.
Hell, Bayson's are pretty cheap and every one has no complaints or large fitment issues. I'll try it out to see if it is actually cheap
Old 07-16-2014, 08:43 PM   #5
continuecrushing

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FRS
Thanked 2,144 Times in 1,003 Posts
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
support the forum, and buy from a vendor instead...and KNOW you're getting a good product, since the community here talks a lot haha
continuecrushing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:00 PM   #6
iStanley
They call me Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutter View Post
support the forum, and buy from a vendor instead...and KNOW you're getting a good product, since the community here talks a lot haha
I would if most vendors here weren't so expensive. I'm on a budget lol.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:54 PM   #7
N1rve

Drives: 2019 BMW ///M4
Thanked 1,167 Times in 714 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:

I see evasive motorsports in the background, maybe reach out to them and see if they've seen this car? Perhaps they can tell you if the owner complained about fitment, etc etc...

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
N1rve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 01:00 AM   #8
extrashaky

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 5,618 Times in 2,266 Posts
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quote:
support the forum, and buy from a vendor instead...
I don't understand this mindset. Seems like whenever I look at one of the vendors here on the forum, I usually discover that I can find whatever they sell for significantly cheaper elsewhere. Even the so-called "group buys" are often more expensive than other vendors. I won't call out any specific seller, but recently I even found something sold by Amazon for 20% cheaper than in the vendor section.

If the forum vendors give us the best deal, I'll support 'em. However, I can't see any legitimate reason to pay more just because a vendor advertises here. The forum vendors have been a big disappointment for the most part.
extrashaky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to extrashaky For This Useful Post:
van_fc3s (07-17-2014)
Old 07-17-2014, 01:09 AM   #9
Phantobe

Drives: 14 Ultramarine FR-S
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Hell, Bayson's are pretty cheap and every one has no complaints or large fitment issues. I'll try it out to see if it is actually cheap
Give it a shot then and post a review.

Quality & fitment would be the two main concerns.

Just seems too good to be true when I see front lips go for like $300 alone. I've also purchased parts from eBay vendors on previous cars and the quality ain't so hot, so that's why that old saying comes to mind.

2014 Ultramarine Scion FR-S
2000 Integra LS - SOLD
Phantobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:43 AM   #10
tennisfreak

Drives: 2018 BMW M240i
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrashaky View Post
I don't understand this mindset. Seems like whenever I look at one of the vendors here on the forum, I usually discover that I can find whatever they sell for significantly cheaper elsewhere. Even the so-called "group buys" are often more expensive than other vendors. I won't call out any specific seller, but recently I even found something sold by Amazon for 20% cheaper than in the vendor section.

If the forum vendors give us the best deal, I'll support 'em. However, I can't see any legitimate reason to pay more just because a vendor advertises here. The forum vendors have been a big disappointment for the most part.
Forum vendors can be hit or miss on price but I have worked with a couple vendors on here that initially had high prices and then lowered them after some pm's.

One vendor even opened up a groupbuy which reduced the price of a particular item (specialty item from Japan) significantly.

So I say support the vendors on the board when possible. Some items are not worth cheaping out on.
If you find something you want but the price is to high pm the vendor and see if they will work with you.

For my cheapo rear diffuser I bought that off ebay since no vendor would lower their price.
Same goes for my TRD intake I pm'd a few vendors and their best price was still $40 more than an actual Toyota dealer selling them on ebay.
tennisfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 01:03 PM   #11
continuecrushing

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FRS
Thanked 2,144 Times in 1,003 Posts
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrashaky View Post

Have you tried contacting the vendors directly? Plus, just because something is marginally cheaper elsewhere, doesn't always mean you should buy it. I personally will check out the best deals all around, but at the end of the day, its nice to know that people I'm buying from will (1) support the product should I have issues, and (2) the vendors here provide LOTS of helpful information-information you won't easily find elsewhere.

Another thing to bring up is MAP pricing, and when you are buying from a certified/authorized vendor for a certain product, they can only advertise a product for so cheap. MANY MANY "sellers" on Amazon are not authorized dealers or distributors, so when you run into an issue with a product, and the "seller" doesn't help you, the manufacture wont either-since you purchased from an un-authorized dealer.

Constant undercutting and stealing/ripping off of companies who make, design and invest money to creat new parts is KILLING the car industry and potential innovation for new products. Is the car mod business gonna die? No, but it certainly is affected by this.

Do we think this forum would exist to share information, products, mods and How-to's without the vendors paying fee's? I think not.

I like knowing that when I want to do routine maintenance, or find out how to install something, or read up about suspension I can hop onto ft86club and find out. Plus, I can speak to, hear from and ask questions to the people(Vendors) that sell the products, use the products and stand behind their products. .

Maybe its just too "American" of me to support the companies that you hear about who invest so much time and resources into allowing me to customize my car-by creating products that make the 86 platform strong, unique and community oriented.

@AlphaMotorsports.ca, @JDLAutoDesign, @Evasive Motorsports, @Beat-Sonic, @CounterSpace Garage, @Hotchkis, @r1concepts, @Infamous Performance, @FT-86 SpeedFactory, @MAPerformance, @ModBargains, @ModBargains.com, @Shiv@Openflash, @Rombinhood@OpenFlash, @PERRIN_Jeff, @Brian@Vortech, @Innovate Motorsports
continuecrushing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to continuecrushing For This Useful Post:
AlphaMotorsports.ca (07-23-2014), CounterSpace Garage (07-17-2014), Evasive Motorsports (07-24-2014), FT-86 SpeedFactory (07-18-2014), GuerillaRacing (07-29-2014), Hotchkis (07-21-2014), Infamous Performance (07-17-2014), MAPerformance (07-17-2014), Venator (07-17-2014)
Old 07-17-2014, 01:23 PM   #12
MAPerformance

Drives: Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Very well said sir! You pretty much nailed it. (I want to send you a MAP tshirt if you want It doesn't hurt to at least ask us if we can do better, or at least price match without just assuming that we are more expensive, or trying to rip you off. Sure, we are here to make money, but I am personally here because I own a twin. I also like building relationships, I answer the phone when you call (which is hard to find in this industry) I like to get to know my customers and their cars, and what they are doing with their cars. At the end of the day, I do want to save you money, and also give you confidence that I am hear if you need me. I won't just disappear after the sale

Quote:
Have you tried contacting the vendors directly? Plus, just because something is marginally cheaper elsewhere, doesn't always mean you should buy it. I personally will check out the best deals all around, but at the end of the day, its nice to know that people I'm buying from will (1) support the product should I have issues, and (2) the vendors here provide LOTS of helpful information-information you won't easily find elsewhere.

Another thing to bring up is MAP pricing, and when you are buying from a certified/authorized vendor for a certain product, they can only advertise a product for so cheap. MANY MANY "sellers" on Amazon are not authorized dealers or distributors, so when you run into an issue with a product, and the "seller" doesn't help you, the manufacture wont either-since you purchased from an un-authorized dealer.

Constant undercutting and stealing/ripping off of companies who make, design and invest money to creat new parts is KILLING the car industry and potential innovation for new products. Is the car mod business gonna die? No, but it certainly is affected by this.

Do we think this forum would exist to share information, products, mods and How-to's without the vendors paying fee's? I think not.

I like knowing that when I want to do routine maintenance, or find out how to install something, or read up about suspension I can hop onto ft86club and find out. Plus, I can speak to, hear from and ask questions to the people(Vendors) that sell the products, use the products and stand behind their products. .

Maybe its just too "American" of me to support the companies that you hear about who invest so much time and resources into allowing me to customize my car-by creating products that make the 86 platform strong, unique and community oriented.

@AlphaMotorsports.ca, @JDLAutoDesign, @Evasive Motorsports, @Beat-Sonic, @CounterSpace Garage, @Hotchkis, @r1concepts, @Infamous Performance, @FT-86 SpeedFactory, @MAPerformance, @ModBargains, @ModBargains.com, @Shiv@Openflash, @Rombinhood@OpenFlash, @PERRIN_Jeff, @Brian@Vortech, @Innovate Motorsports
MAPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MAPerformance For This Useful Post:
continuecrushing (07-17-2014)
Old 07-17-2014, 07:55 PM   #13
extrashaky

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 5,618 Times in 2,266 Posts
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
First off, I'm not saying that all vendors here are bad. I have gotten one good deal. I'm saying that as a group, they've been something of a disappointment price-wise. I'm accustomed to dealing with Jeep vendors, who give some pretty amazing discounts to members of the Jeep forums. The forum "discounts" here that are higher than other vendors' regular prices fall way short of what I'm used to.

Quote:
MANY MANY "sellers" on Amazon are not authorized dealers or distributors, so when you run into an issue with a product, and the "seller" doesn't help you, the manufacture wont either-since you purchased from an un-authorized dealer.
To be clear, the part I mentioned above was sold by AMAZON itself, not by one of the myriad weirdos selling on Amazon Marketplace.

Furthermore, it's silly to assume that just because the seller isn't a vendor here that they don't support their products. I've been buying car parts from reputable sources for a lot longer than this board has been in existence. Reputable vendors didn't suddenly spring into existence just because someone registered the ft86club.com domain name.

Quote:

I'm not talking about vendors here who are designing their own products, and I'm not talking about buying cheap knock-offs. I'm talking about resellers buying Japanese products they didn't design or manufacture and selling them as vendors on the board. Again and again I am finding other vendors distributing the exact same products at a lower price, sometimes significantly lower than the "special" prices the forum vendors list in their posts. I see forum vendors exclaiming that they have the lowest price anywhere on a particular product, only to find three or four other sources that are 10% cheaper when I go looking. (I figure they must get plenty of business from suckers who don't bother doing their research.)

And I'm not really interested in price matching. If I have already found it cheaper or with better shipping terms somewhere else, I see no reason to waste my time begging a forum vendor to get me to the same price I've already found. If you wanted my business, you should have competed for it from the beginning.

When I was a teenager I worked for a musical instrument shop owned by a minister of music at a local megachurch. The shop did mediocre repair work but charged the highest rates in town. He had no shortage of business, however, because all the churches and religious schools used him, and religious types would bring their instruments in for service just because he had the fish on his sign. He also had a brisk business buying up used instruments and selling them to the churchgoers for more than they could buy them new if they knew where to look. He could charge them practically anything, because they were religiously loyal to the point they didn't realize he was fleecing them.

I kind of get the sense that a lot of that is going on here, with people demonstrating their loyalty to the Church of 86 by buying from ordained vendors. Maybe there's a special hell for apostates such as myself who don't buy into the hype, but I think I'll spend my money on the best deal instead.
extrashaky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to extrashaky For This Useful Post:
Ammonia (08-04-2014), iStanley (07-19-2014), toby714 (08-04-2014)
Old 07-19-2014, 03:01 PM   #14
iStanley
They call me Stan

Just ordered them and I will update on them ASAP.
The Following User Says Thank You to iStanley For This Useful Post:
van_fc3s (07-20-2014)