follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > NY / NJ / CT / PA

NY / NJ / CT / PA NY, NJ, CT, PA

User Tag List

Old 11-24-2016, 06:00 PM   #85
enivid

Drives: WRB JR BRZED
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
When do we get pics of the brake duct install?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
enivid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to enivid For This Useful Post:
dp1 (11-24-2016)
Old 11-24-2016, 06:57 PM   #86
dp1
driving smoother faster

Drives: Sold
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by enivid View Post
When do we get pics of the brake duct install?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
I'm picking up the car from EFI Logics on Sat Dec 3, will take pictures.
dp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 10:04 PM   #87
dp1
driving smoother faster

Ordered Invidia N1 - let's see what loud is like with built engine, Tomei EL 4-2-1, Tomei overpipe, ACE catless front pipe and N1 cans. Hope they include N1 silencers in the package as expected
Old 12-02-2016, 09:29 AM   #88
dp1
driving smoother faster

Picking up car on Dec 10, adding wing, APR splitter on the way.

The Following User Says Thank You to dp1 For This Useful Post:
jjaisli (12-02-2016)
Old 12-08-2016, 11:18 PM   #89
dp1
driving smoother faster

After further discussions with @Conterspace Garage and @DeliciousTuning, I decided to start using E85 going forward to get the most value from my build, together with upgraded fuel pump and injectors, then transmission then Jackson Racing RS pulley. New Delicious flex tune with more adjustments in the spring after new hardware gets installed.
Note to self: Stay gentle with the transmission until it's reinforced or replaced, even with a spare at hand.

Also ordered the final aero bits from CSG:
APR Performance - Side Rocker Extensions
APR Performance - Rear Bumper Skirts
...and a certain engine oil baffle solution.

Keeping an eye on fuel starvation and transmission reinforcement solutions. Slowly preparing to enjoy the low cost of consumables, fine-tuning of JRZ dampers and driver enhancements.

Attended advanced AIM seminar last Sunday at Driving Impressions, very informative - truly appreciate the investment in AIM Solo DL and three GoPro cameras...learned a lot from both raw data analysis and reviews of videos with specific data overlay.

Thank you @CounterSpace Garage and @DeliciousTuning!

Last edited by dp1; 12-14-2016 at 12:28 AM.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:33 AM   #90
dp1
driving smoother faster

dp1 track build (NY)

Few pictures before it went to winter storage - now with single Sparco Ergo Large seat and largely gutted interior, voltex wing, APR brake ducts with custom EFI mods, header Ti wrap, Autopower roll bar, Schroth harness, Garage Vary Intake Duct, Beastronix, welded bars behind jacking lips for easier jacking...

To be installed in the spring: APR front splitter/side rocker extensions/rear bumper skirts, Delicious flex fuel kit with fuel pressure Mark 1+ upgrade and Delicious flex tune, differential cover, DW700cc injectors, DW300c fuel pump, baffled oil pan, Invidia N1...then waiting for transmission upgrade options so that the Jackson Racing RS pulley can get installed...then more work on fuel starvation and transmission...then enjoy the low cost of consumables hopefully for a long time.
Attached Images

Last edited by dp1; 12-14-2016 at 06:38 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dp1 For This Useful Post:
jjaisli (12-14-2016), MaximeT (12-14-2016), Scracho (12-19-2016)
Old 12-14-2016, 02:00 AM   #91
SrgtSnuggles

Drives: Track oriented BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
WOW looks AWESOME! Hey its Will with the black BRZ. Saw you at efi. I was just wondering. will you be putting on a front slitter as well to even out the downforce? Man I cant wait till I put the autopower cage in my car as well. Also did you end up adding the bars to the under side of your car so it was easier to jack up?
SrgtSnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SrgtSnuggles For This Useful Post:
dp1 (12-14-2016)
Old 12-14-2016, 08:14 AM   #92
dp1
driving smoother faster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrgtSnuggles View Post
WOW looks AWESOME! Hey its Will with the black BRZ. Saw you at efi. I was just wondering. will you be putting on a front slitter as well to even out the downforce? Man I cant wait till I put the autopower cage in my car as well. Also did you end up adding the bars to the under side of your car so it was easier to jack up?

Hey bud! Yeah, there's a blurb above the pics on the parts ordered and to be installed in April, including front splitter. I did get the bars welded, never would have known about this mod if I didn't see it on your car - thx . Thumbs up on AutoPower. Hope all is well

Biggest project now is to figure out how I can get enough E85 to my favorite tracks...though there is more than enough power for fun on 93oct.
Old 12-14-2016, 03:45 PM   #93
jjaisli

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Firestorm
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
How is it, height wise, sitting in the driver's seat? I still don't have my car back but I went to sit in my car over at AZP yesterday and was a bit disappointed to realize that I'm now sitting about an inch higher than I was in the stock seat with the vertical adjustment all the way down. combined with the quick-release wheel, I quickly came to the realization that the top half of all my gauges are now cut-off from view.

The reason for this is obvious; I asked to have a slider put in to allow for some horizontal adjustment. Without the slider, I should be back close to where it is stock (height wise).

I didn't sit in in the car with my helmet on but I don't think my head will come in contact with the roof. So my choice is to try it out and see if I can get by, or give up the flexibility and lose the slider and just have the seat in a fixed position.
jjaisli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jjaisli For This Useful Post:
dp1 (12-14-2016)
Old 12-14-2016, 05:28 PM   #94
dp1
driving smoother faster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjaisli View Post
How is it, height wise, sitting in the driver's seat? I still don't have my car back but I went to sit in my car over at AZP yesterday and was a bit disappointed to realize that I'm now sitting about an inch higher than I was in the stock seat with the vertical adjustment all the way down. combined with the quick-release wheel, I quickly came to the realization that the top half of all my gauges are now cut-off from view.

The reason for this is obvious; I asked to have a slider put in to allow for some horizontal adjustment. Without the slider, I should be back close to where it is stock (height wise).

I didn't sit in in the car with my helmet on but I don't think my head will come in contact with the roof. So my choice is to try it out and see if I can get by, or give up the flexibility and lose the slider and just have the seat in a fixed position.

My seating position is fixed - about the same or maybe a little lower than the lowest OEM setting I commonly used on track. Tried it with helmet and straps on when I picked up the car and everything is good. May move the seat a bit closer and tilt it a bit backwards, maybe not, will drive it more first.

You're a very good driver, don't need gauges, just feel and sound
Old 12-15-2016, 01:19 AM   #95
Filipino Royale
Got Rice?

Drives: 37J BRZ-L
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Omg! Two of my idols!
dp1 (12-15-2016)
Old 12-15-2016, 01:20 AM   #96
Filipino Royale
Got Rice?

Drives: 37J BRZ-L
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
And i just noticed, both of your cars are red.
Old 12-15-2016, 07:05 AM   #97
skylinekin

Drives: 22 GR86, 13 FRS, 15 BRZ, 13 FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Looks nice, what seat mount are you using? The Sparco Ergo is a great seat, you will enjoy it.
skylinekin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to skylinekin For This Useful Post:
dp1 (12-15-2016)
Old 12-15-2016, 08:06 AM   #98
dp1
driving smoother faster

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinekin View Post
Looks nice, what seat mount are you using? The Sparco Ergo is a great seat, you will enjoy it.

Seat is on the Planted base (to retain 3-point seat belt) and Sparco steel mounts. Really enjoyed the fit on the ride home from EFI. Also great with the helmet and R3 brace on.