follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 08:17 PM   #127
ybotspawn

Drives: 13 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
You mean a...
EXACTLY.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
Old 07-22-2019, 03:09 PM   #128
HyE

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Turbo
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TachyonBomb View Post
Thank You for that nugget of info! I'll research that process!

If you could DM me any helpful info or insight on that process I would greatly appreciate it.

**As of 7/12/19 still no word back from Peter Kang or Works Motorsports on this matter**
Anything new? I realize it's only been 10 days since but it seems to be well within the allotted 2 weeks. If you want to keep your cards close to the chest I get it.
'20 Corolla Hybrid
Old 07-23-2019, 12:23 PM   #129
Sonic23

Drives: BRZ Series HyperBlue
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
On the surface, this ordeal is sad for the 86 community and seems fairly lengthy and thorough. But we've only heard one side of the story so there's probably more here than meets the eye with what's been presented thus far.

As an avid car and racing junkie in the bay area for 12 years, I've only heard good things about Works being very nice and professional amongst my track friends and canyon carvers. Since I plan on adding significant power and better handling to my BRZ soon, I'm especially curious about the whole story. And I can't think of other companies who manufacture legitimate, CARB legal parts in northern California.

One thing that does bother me considerably is TachyonBomb's/xtra_slw's unashamed racism and unprofessionalism on Instagram. I'm not Asian or a minority but this is completely unacceptable, repulsive and goes way beyond some unemployed kid with money problems with way too much time on his hands.
Racists have no place in our cherished car community and this alone makes me question his character.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonic23 For This Useful Post:
PMok (07-24-2019), Pwolf (07-25-2019)
Old 07-23-2019, 04:20 PM   #130
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,461 Times in 3,204 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic23 View Post
On the surface, this ordeal is sad for the 86 community and seems fairly lengthy and thorough. But we've only heard one side of the story so there's probably more here than meets the eye with what's been presented thus far.

As an avid car and racing junkie in the bay area for 12 years, I've only heard good things about Works being very nice and professional amongst my track friends and canyon carvers. Since I plan on adding significant power and better handling to my BRZ soon, I'm especially curious about the whole story. And I can't think of other companies who manufacture legitimate, CARB legal parts in northern California.

One thing that does bother me considerably is TachyonBomb's/xtra_slw's unashamed racism and unprofessionalism on Instagram. I'm not Asian or a minority but this is completely unacceptable, repulsive and goes way beyond some unemployed kid with money problems with way too much time on his hands.
Racists have no place in our cherished car community and this alone makes me question his character.
You know what's been asked for a few times in this thread? For the other side to present their side of it.

I just bolded something from your post. Let me finish it. One thing that does bother me considerably is that you took the time to put @TachyonBomb on blast for two very malicious reasons, and yet you took absolutely zero time to provide evidence of him expressing either of them.

You say he's shown unashamed racism and unprofessionalism. Where's the racism? I actually followed him on IG long before this whole conflict started, and I have a pretty hard stance on people who are racist. I've never seen anything of the sort. If I had, I'd have the same opinion against him. But I haven't.

Liars have no place in our cherished car community and this alone makes me question your character.

So, if you have evidence of anything other than your own words, please present them. Otherwise you're now just falsely shaming TachyonBomb.
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to spike021 For This Useful Post:
JeremyR (07-30-2019), soundman98 (07-23-2019), Summerwolf (07-23-2019), SuperTom (07-23-2019), tehShirt (07-24-2019), weederr33 (07-23-2019), Will BRZ (07-23-2019)
Old 07-23-2019, 04:45 PM   #131
DandoX
Senior gif poster

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

I agree with @spike021, you gotta provide some screen shots or something to prove what your saying. Also this doesn't really have anything to do with the actual issue where he allowed them to use his car and then this situation happened. Him being a Nazi or racist or a cannibal doesn't really have baring on the discussion other than to attack his character. Which coming from someone with such few posts since 2012 is suspect, you gotta provide something more than just slandering words.

I agree racists have no place in our community, but neither do liars or slanderers, no one wants our community to feel like a middle school.

Also as @spike021 said Works was called out more than once to come share their side of the story, they didn't. Also an appointed judge listened to both sides of the story and sided with the OP. Many of us would like to hear both sides but without Works willing to weigh in we are just left to one side of the story and a Judgement in favor of the OP.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DandoX For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (07-23-2019), spike021 (07-23-2019), SuperTom (07-23-2019), weederr33 (07-23-2019)
Old 07-23-2019, 04:53 PM   #132
VIP BRZ

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ
I believe he is referring to this exchange..

childish.. yes. but still no reason to withhold legally owed debt.
The Following User Says Thank You to VIP BRZ For This Useful Post:
weederr33 (07-23-2019)
Old 07-23-2019, 05:33 PM   #133
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,557 Times in 2,916 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIP BRZ View Post
I believe he is referring to this exchange..

childish.. yes. but still no reason to withhold legally owed debt.
Lawl that was a classic

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
The Following User Says Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
TachyonBomb (07-23-2019)
Old 07-23-2019, 07:57 PM   #134
WORKS

Drives: WORKS CARB Legal Turbo BRZ
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
While we hoped to avoid having to comment on this thread, after receiving negative feedback on various platforms from a few fellow 86 enthusiasts who took everything stated in this thread at face value, we’d like to share our side of this unfortunate situation.

After 8 months of R&D, (which began when the turbo kit deposit was placed in November). - we simply charged Steven to 1. install a complete Stage II turbocharger kit with extra parts and 2. uninstall the entire kit and put everything back to stock (27 total hours of labor) totally at his own request. He had unexpectedly lost his job and said he needed to sell the car. We felt bad for him and only charged $2K to cover our costs and decided NOT to charge him anything for the $4K pile of installed (used) turbo parts we were stuck with.

At the time Steven had ordered us to remove the kit, it was already COMPLETED and ready to be calibrated. The car was in our dyno queue scheduled to be tuned and delivered the following week.

Throughout the development, we did our best to help Steven in any way we could. We generously offered him a long-term, interest free loan/payment plan after hearing of his hardship, loaned him our modified FR-S indefinitely, and even helped him try to find a new job.

During this time, Steven allowed others to drive our FR-S without authorization. He even used it as a teaching platform for his girlfriend to learn how to drive stick (and posted on YouTube) – potentially compromising the brand new performance clutch.

He dropped off our FR-S, picked up his car in good spirits, and even hung-out talking cars. A few months later we were sucker punched when blindsided with a lawsuit in consumer-friendly CA for $10,800 (the max allowable in small claims is $10k). $8k more than he had originally paid. Once the judgment was made, we promptly made payment arrangements with the court (nearly a month ago on June 28th). Steven has not acknowledged this fact.

We still feel justified that anyone should be responsible for any work that they specifically request, with or without personal hardship.
It's in every enthusiast's best interest to fairly support local performance shops and product manufacturers to keep the passion alive. Nobody is getting rich in this industry as it's purely a labor of love for cars and our fellow enthusiasts.

To summarize:

- Steven never received a kit ONLY because he requested we uninstall it (after he lost his job and stated he needed to sell his car) one week before delivery.

- He then blindly took us to court in which he demanded $8k more than the amount paid.

- When the consumer friendly judgement was made, we promptly filed for formal payment arrangements with the court (nearly a month ago) - Which has yet to be acknowledged.

We hope all of you who have followed and contributed to this thread consider both sides before making any final judgements.

All the best,

- WORKS Team

In response to the last few comments, Steven did in fact post libel and racist content on his Instagram profile in hopes to defame WORKS. Our cease and desist letter mentioned earlier in this thread is still active and has yet to be adhered to.

We appreciate your concerns and If you have any specific questions, feel free to contact us directly.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WORKS For This Useful Post:
Bones36 (07-23-2019), HyE (07-24-2019)
Old 07-23-2019, 08:12 PM   #135
TachyonBomb

Drives: 06 Evo GSR SE, 17 Series Yellow BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
Lawl that was a classic
Wasn't it though!

Quote:
Not Asian or a minority but the entitlemen to speak on their behalf was just boiling over lol.

It was a more of a Foghorn Leghorn southern reference. But since a couple of millennials have no clue about any cartoon characters before sponge bob or the 90's a hand full of youngsters took it as racist.

Think shady southern used car sales man.

If an Chinese accent came up in your inner monologue while reading that meme, then it more so speaks to you and how you box in races. Comedy/satire is an art and you got challenged by it.

I highly suggest you stay away from stand up comics like Richard Pryor, Bill Maher or Dave Chappelle if loose language easily offends you.

Follow what happened here: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...96#post3213496
Old 07-23-2019, 08:34 PM   #136
TachyonBomb

Drives: 06 Evo GSR SE, 17 Series Yellow BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by WORKS View Post
While we hoped to avoid having to comment on this thread, after receiving negative feedback on various platforms from a few fellow 86 enthusiasts who took everything stated in this thread at face value, we’d like to share our side of this unfortunate situation.

After 8 months of R&D, (which began when the turbo kit deposit was placed in November). - we simply charged Steven to 1. install a complete Stage II turbocharger kit with extra parts and 2. uninstall the entire kit and put everything back to stock (27 total hours of labor) totally at his own request. He had unexpectedly lost his job and said he needed to sell the car. We felt bad for him and only charged $2K to cover our costs and decided NOT to charge him anything for the $4K pile of installed (used) turbo parts we were stuck with.

At the time Steven had ordered us to remove the kit, it was already COMPLETED and ready to be calibrated. The car was in our dyno queue scheduled to be tuned and delivered the following week.

Throughout the development, we did our best to help Steven in any way we could. We generously offered him a long-term, interest free loan/payment plan after hearing of his hardship, loaned him our modified FR-S indefinitely, and even helped him try to find a new job.

During this time, Steven allowed others to drive our FR-S without authorization. He even used it as a teaching platform for his girlfriend to learn how to drive stick (and posted on YouTube) – potentially compromising the brand new performance clutch.

He dropped off our FR-S, picked up his car in good spirits, and even hung-out talking cars. A few months later we were sucker punched when blindsided with a lawsuit in consumer-friendly CA for $10,800 (the max allowable in small claims is $10k). $8k more than he had originally paid. Once the judgment was made, we promptly made payment arrangements with the court (nearly a month ago on June 28th). Steven has not acknowledged this fact.

We still feel justified that anyone should be responsible for any work that they specifically request, with or without personal hardship.
It's in every enthusiast's best interest to fairly support local performance shops and product manufacturers to keep the passion alive. Nobody is getting rich in this industry as it's purely a labor of love for cars and our fellow enthusiasts.

To summarize:

- Steven never received a kit ONLY because he requested we uninstall it (after he lost his job and stated he needed to sell his car) one week before delivery.

- He then blindly took us to court in which he demanded $8k more than the amount paid.

- When the consumer friendly judgement was made, we promptly filed for formal payment arrangements with the court (nearly a month ago) - Which has yet to be acknowledged.

We hope all of you who have followed and contributed to this thread consider both sides before making any final judgements.

All the best,

- WORKS Team

In response to the last few comments, Steven did in fact post libel and racist content on his Instagram profile in hopes to defame WORKS. Our cease and desist letter mentioned earlier in this thread is still active and has yet to be adhered to.

We appreciate your concerns and If you have any specific questions, feel free to contact us directly.

Did you make your first payment of $450 on July 20th?

Follow what happened here: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...96#post3213496
Old 07-23-2019, 10:52 PM   #137
extrashaky

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 5,618 Times in 2,266 Posts
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I'm curious about a few things.

Quote:
After 8 months of R&D, (which began when the turbo kit deposit was placed in November).
First, did you tell him you expected R&D to take three months?

Second, if you didn't start working on the turbo kit until November, what were you doing with his car from July to November?

Quote:
A lot of vendors like to take copious pictures of the development of their products, to document the development and for marketing purposes.

Do you have any pics of a functional turbo kit installed on his car?

Quote:
Once the judgment was made, we promptly made payment arrangements with the court (nearly a month ago on June 28th).
It says on that form that the judgment was entered 5/29. The payment arrangements are dated 6/28. That's 30 days. If I understand correctly, you waited until the very last day.

Is that considered prompt? Or would that be considered last minute?

Quote:
So you didn't make that post looking to borrow a car for development?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to extrashaky For This Useful Post:
JoeC (07-25-2019), SuperTom (07-24-2019), TachyonBomb (07-24-2019), VIP BRZ (07-24-2019), weederr33 (07-23-2019), Will BRZ (07-24-2019)
Old 07-24-2019, 01:52 PM   #138
PMok
Codename: Stitch

Drives: 91 MR2; 06 IS350; 16 BRZ; 18 CX-5
Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,307 Posts
Mentioned: 462 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Look, I don't know anything about the actual dispute between WORKS and TachyonBomb and won't comment too much about that. But I do want to address the points made about racism and unprofessionalism.

Quote:
Thank you for saying what I think many of us were thinking but didn't say. When I first saw TachyonBomb's IG post I was immediately put off by what I felt was offensive and childish. And like you said, regardless of whether he was in the right in this dispute, it made me question his judgment and his credibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TachyonBomb View Post
Not Asian or a minority but the entitlemen to speak on their behalf was just boiling over lol.

It was a more of a Foghorn Leghorn southern reference. But since a couple of millennials have no clue about any cartoon characters before sponge bob or the 90's a hand full of youngsters took it as racist.

Think shady southern used car sales man.

If an Chinese accent came up in your inner monologue while reading that meme, then it more so speaks to you and how you box in races. Comedy/satire is an art and you got challenged by it.

I highly suggest you stay away from stand up comics like Richard Pryor, Bill Maher or Dave Chappelle if loose language easily offends you.
OK, so now I'm an Asian-American, a minority, and a non-millennial who is probably older than you. I remember Foghorn Leghorn pretty clearly. And when I saw a photo of an Asian man (presumably it's Peter Kang), along with the caption "Herro", no I did not read it as a Foghorn Leghorn reference. I don't know how anyone would see an image of an Asian man, see the word "Herro", and make that connection to a Southern reference. I read it immediately as a racist caricature of an Asian man. To me, it reminded me of the portrayal of Kim Jong Il from "Team America". Which don't get me wrong, was a hilarious movie ... but that didn't change the fact that it was a racist portrayal of an Asian. And that offended me on some level. Not because I'm easily offended, but because as a minority, I've experienced racism first hand. I've had people mock me based on how I look, making fun of my race, using bad accents to 'impersonate' me or my ethnicity even though I speak perfectly good English. And throwaway comments like yours reopen a wound that maybe has not entirely healed.

You can play it off as a lighthearted attempt at humor or satire, but I wanted to tell you that from my perspective it fell flat, was offensive, and made you lose credibility. Up until that moment, I was on your side, having been in a similar situation where I turned my car over to a company, hoping to help them out in developing a product, and my car ended up damaged and the company was unwilling to take responsibility for it. You had in my mind a winning case, you just needed to present your facts and win. But your IG post showed a vindictive, immature, unprofessional side that turned me off. Tell me this, would you have presented that image in court to the judge? Did you think it would help you win the case? I don't think so, and you know that too.

TL;DR version -- you think you're being funny but you just ended up pissing off or offending some people. Maybe you don't care. Maybe you didn't see it as being so offensive and don't understand why it would be. But I'm telling you, in the hopes that you realize that what you said/did in some small way had a negative effect and maybe you will learn something for your future interactions with people.
CSG Mike (07-24-2019), DandoX (07-24-2019), EAGLE5 (07-24-2019), finch1750 (07-29-2019), ImADuck (07-25-2019), Kushkaki (07-24-2019), Pwolf (07-25-2019), Slammillionaire (08-07-2019), spike021 (07-24-2019), TachyonBomb (07-24-2019), TooSlow (07-25-2019), YamahaR86 (08-14-2019)
Old 07-24-2019, 03:51 PM   #139
ermax

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited Silver
Thanked 2,045 Times in 1,188 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
My next door neighbor and close friend is Asian-American and jokes around saying herro all the time. I think some people go out of their way to take offense to literally anything.
The Following User Says Thank You to ermax For This Useful Post:
TachyonBomb (07-24-2019)
Old 07-24-2019, 05:10 PM   #140
pgranberg11
BoostedBRZ

Drives: Turbo BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
posts about racism.. really? I'm half Asian. I'm 25, considered a millennial. I don't follow him, but when I saw that picture I didn't take offense at all. I would love to see these people in a halo 2 gaming room chat. Wouldn't even stand a chance. I guess it's just how people view things a certain way and what each person's tolerance level is. some low. some high.

regardless, back on topic. I think @extrashaky has some good points...
The Following User Says Thank You to pgranberg11 For This Useful Post:
TachyonBomb (07-24-2019)

Closed Thread