follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
86SPEED
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge

Off-Topic Lounge For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-06-2018, 07:05 PM   #15
dem00n
Member of the year - 2016
 
dem00n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: Scion FRS
Location: New York
Posts: 3,576
Thanks: 788
Thanked 2,423 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Figure I'd give an update. Bring a trailer rejected my submission. I've shorten the description a lot on the car for eBay.

Here's the new listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/323375929677


I'm going to post more chassis pictures and more on the rust repair. There's also a better video of the car, that will go up soon as well. Don't really think there's that much to do, just gotta be patient.

Thanks for the help everyone!
__________________
Friends don't let friends Plastidip
dem00n is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dem00n For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (08-06-2018)
Old 08-07-2018, 10:34 AM   #16
GrantedTaken
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Drives: BRZ
Location: The Sun
Posts: 368
Thanks: 28
Thanked 211 Times in 100 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I wonder why BAT rejected it.
Base model not cool enough?
GrantedTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 12:42 PM   #17
Nevermore
Wayward Member
 
Nevermore's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Drives: Hot Lava 86
Location: Bust of Pallas
Posts: 3,205
Thanks: 1,564
Thanked 2,165 Times in 1,313 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantedTaken View Post
I wonder why BAT rejected it.
Base model not cool enough?
They sold an old owners manual for like a 1910 Porsche for $14k. They sell seats and wheels regularly now. Why wouldn't they want a whole car?
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 05:08 PM   #18
dem00n
Member of the year - 2016
 
dem00n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: Scion FRS
Location: New York
Posts: 3,576
Thanks: 788
Thanked 2,423 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantedTaken View Post
I wonder why BAT rejected it.
Base model not cool enough?
This is the email:

Thank you for submitting your car to Bring a Trailer Auctions for consideration. Unfortunately, we do not feel that your 1983 Porsche 944 is a good fit for our site and audience. We are inundated with a high volume of great submissions and simply cannot list them all.

We appreciate that you considered BaT Auctions and wish you best of luck with the sale. We hope to have the opportunity to work with you in the future.
__________________
Friends don't let friends Plastidip
dem00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 09:50 AM   #19
ScoobsMcGee
Junior Senior with Cheese
 
ScoobsMcGee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Drives: 15 BRZ, 19 WRX STI
Location: York, PA
Posts: 1,969
Thanks: 3,414
Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,404 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dem00n View Post
Figure I'd give an update. Bring a trailer rejected my submission. I've shorten the description a lot on the car for eBay.

Here's the new listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/323375929677


I'm going to post more chassis pictures and more on the rust repair. There's also a better video of the car, that will go up soon as well. Don't really think there's that much to do, just gotta be patient.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Unless you moved from Tennessee to California, painted the car silver, and then put about 45,000 additional miles on it (with a broken odometer, so maybe it has 110,000 miles, maybe not) - that isn't the same car.
ScoobsMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 09:56 AM   #20
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 14 FRS Hot Lava
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 55,737
Thanks: 49,516
Thanked 77,632 Times in 35,136 Posts
Mentioned: 2033 Post(s)
Tagged: 49 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobsMcGee View Post
Unless you moved from Tennessee to California, painted the car silver, and then put about 45,000 additional miles on it (with a broken odometer, so maybe it has 110,000 miles, maybe not) - that isn't the same car.
Weird. It was the same car when he first posted it. The write up was much much better.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:15 AM   #21
dem00n
Member of the year - 2016
 
dem00n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: Scion FRS
Location: New York
Posts: 3,576
Thanks: 788
Thanked 2,423 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobsMcGee View Post
Unless you moved from Tennessee to California, painted the car silver, and then put about 45,000 additional miles on it (with a broken odometer, so maybe it has 110,000 miles, maybe not) - that isn't the same car.
Weird, maybe because the listing just ended?

Here's the current one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/323386515954


Works for me.
__________________
Friends don't let friends Plastidip
dem00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:32 AM   #22
ScoobsMcGee
Junior Senior with Cheese
 
ScoobsMcGee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Drives: 15 BRZ, 19 WRX STI
Location: York, PA
Posts: 1,969
Thanks: 3,414
Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,404 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dem00n View Post
Weird, maybe because the listing just ended?

Here's the current one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/323386515954


Works for me.
Maybe I just don't know how to click a link correctly. That's a red one in NY with 83,000 miles on it when I follow it. Actually, when I search eBay for all 944s, the only link I see for your car is the first one, https://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-Porsche-944/273389260397.

If it isn't just me, that may have something to do with the lack of interest.

ETA: Just created an eBay account and logged in to see if that had anything to do with it. Nope. Links still lead to the cars I previously wrote.
ScoobsMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:51 AM   #23
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 14 FRS Hot Lava
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 55,737
Thanks: 49,516
Thanked 77,632 Times in 35,136 Posts
Mentioned: 2033 Post(s)
Tagged: 49 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobsMcGee View Post
Maybe I just don't know how to click a link correctly. That's a red one in NY with 83,000 miles on it when I follow it. Actually, when I search eBay for all 944s, the only link I see for your car is the first one, https://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-Porsche-944/273389260397.

If it isn't just me, that may have something to do with the lack of interest.

ETA: Just created an eBay account and logged in to see if that had anything to do with it. Nope. Links still lead to the cars I previously wrote.
De's link takes me to his car. The link you posted here is a black one that says it is a 1983 but is really a 1986. His old link shows the black one as well only with the proper year..
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 12:26 PM   #24
ScoobsMcGee
Junior Senior with Cheese
 
ScoobsMcGee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Drives: 15 BRZ, 19 WRX STI
Location: York, PA
Posts: 1,969
Thanks: 3,414
Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,404 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
De's link takes me to his car. The link you posted here is a black one that says it is a 1983 but is really a 1986. His old link shows the black one as well only with the proper year..
Okay, so my issue is that I was late to the party and the initial link had changed to a new listing, and then the second link to another new listing, and his car is actually the guards red one?
ScoobsMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 12:33 PM   #25
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 14 FRS Hot Lava
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 55,737
Thanks: 49,516
Thanked 77,632 Times in 35,136 Posts
Mentioned: 2033 Post(s)
Tagged: 49 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobsMcGee View Post
Okay, so my issue is that I was late to the party and the initial link had changed to a new listing, and then the second link to another new listing, and his car is actually the guards red one?
Yep
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 12:36 PM   #26
ScoobsMcGee
Junior Senior with Cheese
 
ScoobsMcGee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Drives: 15 BRZ, 19 WRX STI
Location: York, PA
Posts: 1,969
Thanks: 3,414
Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,404 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Yep
All caught up. Sorry about that. I'll go back to working and not posting for a few more days now.
ScoobsMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 12:38 PM   #27
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 14 FRS Hot Lava
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 55,737
Thanks: 49,516
Thanked 77,632 Times in 35,136 Posts
Mentioned: 2033 Post(s)
Tagged: 49 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobsMcGee View Post
All caught up. Sorry about that. I'll go back to working and not posting for a few more days now.
It was confusing as hell since his link to the ad did indeed change to the black one at one point.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 02:22 PM   #28
Atropine
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Drives: 2019 Tacoma and a 1991 Miata
Location: Emmett, Idaho
Posts: 572
Thanks: 1,046
Thanked 608 Times in 250 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
Why else do you think we tell people?
I actually told this to a buddy who is a Dev for Bungie (the video game company)...he got a kick out of it.
Atropine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Atropine For This Useful Post:
strat61caster (08-08-2018)
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Supercharger woes! Fab Racing Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum 3 05-25-2016 01:03 PM
Turbo Woes RedFR-s Forced Induction 38 10-14-2015 07:25 AM
Engine woes drew_kar Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB 8 02-16-2015 02:45 PM
Ebay log in woes Trashed675 Off-Topic Lounge 2 09-03-2014 05:58 PM
More Woes for GM? White64Goat Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions 3 03-28-2014 10:23 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.