follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 04-28-2016, 06:22 PM   #393
shiumai

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ, 2020 C8 Corvette
Thanked 1,893 Times in 787 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SG02WRX View Post
Hows the fit of the tray?
Perfect fit. Like it was made for it
shiumai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 10:02 PM   #394
Cartman

Drives: 10 Series Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What's the eta on this coilovers, everyone seems to be out of stock
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 10:21 PM   #395
Ketchum88

Drives: 2013 FR-S Hot Lava
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
What's the eta on this coilovers, everyone seems to be out of stock
Lol all the vendors got them in about 2 weeks ago and they have already sold out bro...next eta is October. Better off just grabbing some ST Coils and some camber bolts at that price range bro.
Ketchum88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 04:40 AM   #396
shattered_memory

Drives: Satin White BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Anybody know the total weight of these coilovers? I want to see if these are lighter than oem.
shattered_memory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 04:28 PM   #397
stock

Drives: 2015 FRS Steel (manual)
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbye View Post
The manual I received did have different preload/height/damping suggestions for North America vs. rest of the world. As for the physical changes I guess we will see when it starts retailing here. I am happy with my set.
FWIW, I just received mine from Japan and it's true they list diff preload and heights for GT86, BRZ and USA (they don't say FRS, just USA...)
Springs are all 6k
stock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 04:29 PM   #398
stock

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shattered_memory View Post
Anybody know the total weight of these coilovers? I want to see if these are lighter than oem.
Def not lighter. Rear stock weighed ~8 these rears weigh 10
Old 07-02-2016, 02:01 PM   #399
stock

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stock View Post
Def not lighter. Rear stock weighed ~8 these rears weigh 10
Rear: stock 8.16#, Tein 10.18#
Front: stock 14.73#, Tein 13.95#

Fronts are lighter

Last edited by stock; 07-03-2016 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Accidentally reversed data, now fixed
The Following User Says Thank You to stock For This Useful Post:
shattered_memory (07-03-2016)
Old 07-07-2016, 04:45 PM   #400
zc06_kisstherain

Drives: SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
hmmm i should sell mine here lol
mine is sitting in basement since didnt have time to install as well as my LCA lol
most people went to default setting as manual, my goal is lower 1-1.2 inch and dont want to spend so much time adjusting height while its on car.
can anyone share setting?
zc06_kisstherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 02:34 AM   #401
Mim

Drives: MY11 Maxima 350st, MY15 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Just pulled the trigger on a set of Flex Z's and the EDFC Pro + GPS module this morning, but it's coming the slow way by ship from Japan. Will give impressions once installed. The Tein distributor for AU advised mine is the first twin he heard of going with the top EDFC Pro unit (win).
MY15 CWP A/T BRZ | Leather heated seats | STI CAI filter, A/T leather shifter, strut brace, V-brace, draw stiffener, battery tie down, Radiator cap, Oil cap, push start button | TRD door stabilizer | YoSpeed STI console garnish | Pioneer AVIC-F70DAB + Rev-camera, TS-WX710A sub | JL speakers, Amp | TOMS' Clear Brake Lights | Cusco 4.556 FD | Driveshaft Shop aluminum shaft | Tein FlexZ, EDFC AP+GPS | Crawford BPB
Mim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mim For This Useful Post:
Wayno (08-14-2016)
Old 07-12-2016, 08:00 PM   #402
PantsDants

Drives: Scion FR-S A/T, Whiteout
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Question for @CSG Mike or anyone else for that matter:

The topic of swapping for a different spring rate on the Flex Z has been brought up previously, but I was curious if you could provide more insight into what I'm looking to do. The pavement in Seattle proper is absolute garbage, but it's less about potholes and more about weird bumps and deformations all over the place. I'm trying to smooth some of the worst, crashiest crap out of the experience.

I've gone up to 11 clicks from stiff with the rebound adjustment, but I don't like the general boaty feel that comes with it. I've noticed that Tein offers 5K springs in their Standardized lineup that have the same free length and inner diameter as the 6K springs that come standard.

So my question is, and I know it's subjective, would swapping to a 5K spring rate provide enough of a difference in comfort over bad pavement to be worth the effort? Would the softer springs start bottoming out over large bumps? Will the dampers still be able to do their job effectively when changing the spring rate this much (I'm assuming the optimal damping setting would shift more towards the softer side)?

Thanks for looking!
PantsDants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 09:53 PM   #403
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,166 Times in 6,828 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantsDants View Post

The topic of swapping for a different spring rate on the Flex Z has been brought up previously, but I was curious if you could provide more insight into what I'm looking to do. The pavement in Seattle proper is absolute garbage, but it's less about potholes and more about weird bumps and deformations all over the place. I'm trying to smooth some of the worst, crashiest crap out of the experience.

I've gone up to 11 clicks from stiff with the rebound adjustment, but I don't like the general boaty feel that comes with it. I've noticed that Tein offers 5K springs in their Standardized lineup that have the same free length and inner diameter as the 6K springs that come standard.

So my question is, and I know it's subjective, would swapping to a 5K spring rate provide enough of a difference in comfort over bad pavement to be worth the effort? Would the softer springs start bottoming out over large bumps? Will the dampers still be able to do their job effectively when changing the spring rate this much (I'm assuming the optimal damping setting would shift more towards the softer side)?

Thanks for looking!
It's do-able, but chances are, the damping will not match the 5k spring well, and may result in an even worse overall ride.

I do not recommend changing spring rates on *ANY* one way damper, no matter how entry level or high end.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
PantsDants (07-12-2016)
Old 07-13-2016, 11:38 AM   #404
shattered_memory

Drives: Satin White BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantsDants View Post

Thanks for looking!
What tires are you currently running? Maybe if you get a tire with a softer sidewall, your ride may ride smoother. I hear the continental dw extreme is a good summer tire with a soft sidewall.
shattered_memory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 05:08 AM   #405
Sherb

Drives: Brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tein Flex Z opinion

Asdd
Sherb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 02:43 PM   #406
TimmyC

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zc06_kisstherain View Post
hmmm i should sell mine here lol
mine is sitting in basement since didnt have time to install as well as my LCA lol
most people went to default setting as manual, my goal is lower 1-1.2 inch and dont want to spend so much time adjusting height while its on car.
can anyone share setting?
I'll buy
TimmyC is offline   Reply With Quote