follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List
Shiv@Openflash

Old 11-04-2014, 09:36 PM   #113
Andrew025

Drives: Neptune GR86
Thanked 3,505 Times in 1,806 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by themajesticone View Post
Funny (and somewhat sad) thing is, you can't fathom the degree of wannabe-tough-guy-actor-a-lot you've achieved in two posts. From the patently (that's right I went to the feds on this one n****) false Bro language, to the obviously illogical attempts to sound not bro, to the entitled sense that EYE owes you anything after your ham fisted FUD attempt, to your poseur tough guy replies to ppl that call this nonsense out and now some weak (and wrong) 15 second google-fu doxxing attempt towards me (wtf!?). Dude, are you really this anti-bro? Stop posting period unless bro related. Anyone with half a br(o)ain can see what happened here. I don't need to give you a dyno to post to prove you were posting. It's abundantly obvious that you were posting posts. kind of sad and it makes me sad bro.
You don't make any sense.

Bro
Old 11-04-2014, 10:03 PM   #114
ST185RC

Drives: White Out FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Some kid got stabbed 22 times by his friend arguing over xbox. Internet is serious.
ST185RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 10:25 PM   #115
VroomVroom86

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FRS MT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Funny (and somewhat sad) thing is, you can't fathom the degree of wannabe-tough-guy-actor-a-lot you've achieved in two posts. From the patently (that's right I went to the feds on this one n****) false Bro language, to the obviously illogical attempts to sound not bro, to the entitled sense that EYE owes you anything after your ham fisted FUD attempt, to your poseur tough guy replies to ppl that call this nonsense out and now some weak (and wrong) 15 second google-fu doxxing attempt towards me (wtf!?). Dude, are you really this anti-bro? Stop posting period unless bro related. Anyone with half a br(o)ain can see what happened here. I don't need to give you a dyno to post to prove you were posting. It's abundantly obvious that you were posting posts. kind of sad and it makes me sad bro.
Bro, I totally get it bro. You're like totally BROing it out right now, so like chill the BROness. Like, you need to understand that there comes a time when a little bit of bro goes a long way, BRO. You know what bro I think you are a anti anti bro which makes you a bro but a bro that doesn't act like a bro, which actually in retrospect is a bro's bro, BRO! So when I say come at me bro, you better bring that bro level to a bro level that I can level with. Otherwise this thread does not have enough bro for the both of us. Yo betta chek yo self befo yo reck yo self!
VroomVroom86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 12:00 AM   #116
s2d4

Drives: R32 GTR, AW11 MR2 SC, GTS86 R
Thanked 1,223 Times in 708 Posts
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Unfortunately that won't work when you have someone as immature as @DAEMANO and @s2d4
Ummm, feel free to show everyone how I was being immature?

Quote:
So, about calling me immature...
Old 11-05-2014, 12:43 AM   #117
Anh5oi

Drives: 13 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
lol love fuel...Hahaha
Old 11-05-2014, 11:16 AM   #118
themajesticone

Drives: '13 UM86
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2d4 View Post
Ummm, feel free to show everyone how I was being immature?

So, about calling me immature...
Hahahaha I know right? Take that irony

JRSC C30 91 oct | JDL UEL Header | Tomei Overpipe | Milltek Front Pipe | Milltek Catback | SPL LCA v2 | FA 500 v5 Coilovers 6k/7k | SPC Front Camber Bolts | Enkei RPF1 17x9 +35 | 245/40 Michelin Pilot Super Sport
themajesticone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 11:36 AM   #119
s2d4

Drives: R32 GTR, AW11 MR2 SC, GTS86 R
Thanked 1,223 Times in 708 Posts
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Hahahaha I know right? Take that irony
Yeah, ok.
Old 11-05-2014, 02:01 PM   #120
fantah

Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium Black
Garage
So much bro used in one thread hahahahha
fantah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fantah For This Useful Post:
themajesticone (11-05-2014)
Old 11-05-2014, 06:05 PM   #121
joneze93tsi

Drives: 14 BRZED
Seriously in tears over here...

joneze93tsi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to joneze93tsi For This Useful Post:
BuBlake (11-06-2014)
Old 11-06-2014, 03:19 AM   #122
Nivek

Drives: Zonda
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Interesting Findings on the Dyno - OpenFlash/Vishnu tuned

I know some members suggested that the alleged dip should be noticeable yet members are not feeling it when accelerating.

For those who have the tune in question, please try this to simulate the MAHA dyno.

Scenario 1:
Find a long stretch of road that is uphill, the steeper the better, and put in 5th gear and accelerate from 2,500rpm with your foot to the floor -- w/traction control off (so nobody can mistakenly blame that for any unexpected results).

What is your experience?

Scenario 2:
Find a long stretch of open highway, put it in 5th gear at 1,800 rpm and accelerate to 65 (if you can even get the engine to produce power).

What is your experience?

Disclaimer: I am a BRZ owner and am part of the moderator team of an STI specific forum. I read this forum and don't post much but I'd like to see whether your findings are consistent with my belief about why it might be uncommon to *feel* the reported dip that appears on the MAHA dyno printout.

The above scenarios should simulate the type of load conditions generated by the MAHA dyno and by reproducing the load condition this should help you determine whether you got dip.

Last edited by Nivek; 11-06-2014 at 12:41 PM.
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:16 PM   #123
BuBlake
Chronic Flashturbator

Drives: '13 Scion FR-S MT
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Garage
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRpTjr4L4T4"]South Park Bro Down - YouTube[/ame]
OFT Stg 2 UEL E85 - Borla UEL Header - Invidia Q300 - Invidia catless frontpipe - Fa20club CAI - Billet Power Blocks - Michelin PSS 245/35/18 all around on Motegi Racing SP10 18x8 +38 - Eibach Sportline springs - SPC LCA
BuBlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:26 PM   #124
gramicci101
Off Topic

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 4,243 Times in 2,170 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
I know some members suggested that the alleged dip should be noticeable yet members are not feeling it when accelerating.

For those who have the tune in question, please try this to simulate the MAHA dyno.
I think we're well past that point. Now we're to the point of fluffing up our feathers so we look bigger to an opponent.

Quote:
Disclaimer: I am a BRZ owner and am part of the moderator team of an STI specific forum.
I KNEW your name looked familiar!
gramicci101 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gramicci101 For This Useful Post:
Ultramaroon (11-07-2014)
Old 11-06-2014, 06:35 PM   #125
Nivek

Drives: Zonda
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramicci101 View Post
I think we're well past that point. Now we're to the point of fluffing up our feathers so we look bigger to an opponent.

I KNEW your name looked familiar!

Maybe I missed it in the 6 pages of reading, but are you suggesting that most with the tune reported they didn't feel the dip under the above scenarios? I didn't see that people reported the conditions they tested this under when they reported back that no dip could be felt. If I remember, at least one person reported feeling this alleged dip while other reported not feeling it. However, we would need to know whether both people tested under similar conditions to draw any valid conclusions.

Hopefully, nobody needs to ruffle any feathers or puff themselves up. Everyone should be looking to collect constructive input so we can understand the how/why of the dip seen on the MAHA dyno graph.

If it's the tuning, then I am sure SHIV is willing to fix it as he has expressed.

Unfortunately, the only way to eliminate the question about whether it is the dyno is to dyno the car on another MAHA since not all dynos are equal.
Old 11-07-2014, 04:08 PM   #126
cjd

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Thanked 2,928 Times in 1,714 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Maybe I missed it in the 6 pages of reading, but are you suggesting that most with the tune reported they didn't feel the dip under the above scenarios? under similar conditions to draw any valid conclusions.

If it's the tuning, then I am sure SHIV is willing to fix it as he has expressed.
The beta thread actually had some discussion on the topic that may be relevant, but I'm not sure that wasn't resolved. I know I've occasionally had issues I might expect to dyno like this, but I'm still on the beta version (still trying to get my computer working after a trashed partition table and don't drive much at all...)

It's definitely inconsistent, but may be load related.
cjd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bromance, dip, dipsmorethanchipsandsalsa, dipsmorethangrandpaballs, dyno, ecutekbutthurt, maha, openflash, vishnu, yetanothersmearattempt