follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 06-16-2017, 06:39 PM   #1
voidn0ise

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
RPM's bouncing from 800-1100 on repeat, extremely low fuel trims, logs

Anyone got an idea what may be causing issues? Took some logs idling as I don't want to drive it like this, the fluctuation in the trims is due to me tapping the throttle every now and then, or barely pressing it.

Tapping caused the engine to make a very odd scratchy sort of noise, never done it before.

Barely (slowly) pressing it cause the RPM's to drop extremely before they bounced up.

I also held at about 2k RPM's for a bit and you could hear the engine fluctuating very consistently.

I don't know much about logs, but I do see people talking about being around -12 on trim and how it's bad, mine is hitting as low as -29. I figure maybe some of you on here may have better log knowledge and can correlate the data to something that I can check without having to shoot blind.

The car is boosted, running Omni 3, stock map and o2, flex fuel conversion however on 93 atm since currently there's no ethanol around this area I recently moved to (was told purchasing the conversion that it'd auto adjust and 93 was fine). 700cc DW injectors, DW 65C pump.

I'd appreciate anything you can hypothesize as a likely cause. I can take it to a shop last resort but after moving recently my funds aren't exactly very supporting of a shop bill so I'd like to avoid it if possible.

Logs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
voidn0ise is offline   Reply With Quote