follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 05-02-2017, 12:32 PM   #1989
bentleyboii

Drives: 2022 GR86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineHead View Post
hi folks! just bought a used 2013 brz ltd for a decent price last week. havent even seen it in person (it's in virginia and im in new jersey). lol. had it registered this morning. just need to find time to pick it up. really excited. just wish i knew how to navigate this forum a little better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats sure your gonna enjoy it alot and you probably got a killer steal of a deal. The forum is not that bad, first selection is the main forum BRZ/FRS general etc and tech issues with no specifics to certain model the other is the category (what your gonna talk about) hard to explain but you'll get it just take a long look around. And Dont forget most importantly to enjoy the car!
bentleyboii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 12:59 PM   #1990
MachineHead

Drives: BRZ Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentleyboii View Post
Congrats sure your gonna enjoy it alot and you probably got a killer steal of a deal. The forum is not that bad, first selection is the main forum BRZ/FRS general etc and tech issues with no specifics to certain model the other is the category (what your gonna talk about) hard to explain but you'll get it just take a long look around. And Dont forget most importantly to enjoy the car!

thanks bud. you have no idea how excited i am. been wanting this car (86, not necessarily the brz) even before it was released. first saw it in a magazine back in 2011(?) while my friend was checking out the featured gt-r

MachineHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 01:11 PM   #1991
bentleyboii

Garage
Quote:
thanks bud. you have no idea how excited i am. been wanting this car (86, not necessarily the brz) even before it was released. first saw it in a magazine back in 2011(?) while my friend was checking out the featured gt-r

Yeah I was also a watcher as well since 2013 finally pulled the trigger recently wouldn't go back. Make sure you post some pics when you get it
Old 05-02-2017, 01:24 PM   #1992
MachineHead

Quote:
Yeah I was also a watcher as well since 2013 finally pulled the trigger recently wouldn't go back. Make sure you post some pics when you get it

it's still stock for the most part which im happy about. ordered some minor upgrades (shift knob, aluminum lockout, weathertech floor mats, oem armrest, etc) before moving on to bigger things.

*edit. armrest just arrived.

Old 05-02-2017, 01:59 PM   #1993
bentleyboii

Garage
Quote:
it's still stock for the most part which im happy about. ordered some minor upgrades (shift knob, aluminum lockout, weathertech floor mats, oem armrest, etc) before moving on to bigger things.

*edit. armrest just arrived.

Lol I need an armrest, You find one for a good deal?
Old 05-02-2017, 02:05 PM   #1994
MachineHead

Quote:
Lol I need an armrest, You find one for a good deal?

got one from amazon. not the best quality but it'll do. i might have it re-upholstered and add a bit more padding depending on how it feels when i get it installed.

The Following User Says Thank You to MachineHead For This Useful Post:
bentleyboii (05-02-2017)
Old 05-04-2017, 09:57 AM   #1995
iluvdrt

Drives: 2017 Series.yellow
New guy checking in. Picked up a 2017 Series Yellow last month. Traded a 15 Crosstrek in on it. Absolutely love it. Its a blast to drive. Fit and finish is good, love the new engine bay with the crinkle red intake, the Brembos, really almost everything. Only complaints are the shift gates between 4-5-6 are funky, and I cant get the trunk button on the outside to work every time. The key fob and interior buttons work fine. Also the "G" meter doesn't work.

Anyways, this is my 15th Subaru and probably second only to my Brat and my old LGT wagon I built (more sentimental than anything). I plan on doing a few functional cosmetic mods (front lip, hood louvers, oil cooler), and that's about it. I think the gearing and engine power is perfect for its intended purpose. Has a nice sound and we have been averaging 28 MPG.

I did cook the oil a bit on a spirited driving session last weekend. Got her up to about 240* and it started fuel knocking in the lower RPMS, so Ill have to watch that, but I think the hood louvers and oil cooler will eliminate that.

Love this car though.

FB: Jason Osborne
IG: iluvdrt_oz
iluvdrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 10:03 AM   #1996
LuisAntonioSG

Drives: 2014 brz
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Idk how to start a thread, but i'll ask here. Does anyone know the Torque specs for the stock Alternator, water pump, and crank pulley for an frs? i'm trying to change mines back.
LuisAntonioSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 11:13 AM   #1997
TougeSpeed

Drives: Raven FRS
Hey ft86 club, long time reader but this is my first time posting. Just wanted to say hi to everyone and also ask you guys a small favor.

My college professor has given my colleagues and I a small task. He wants us to create some sort of blog or e commerce site so I decided to make one dedicated too the ft86 family.

If anyone would like their cars to be shown on the site just email me some nice pictures and ill display it on the site. I'll also put a reference to your ft86 name if you want me to.

Any help would be awesome, thanks!
TougeSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 12:16 PM   #1998
bentleyboii

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisAntonioSG View Post
Idk how to start a thread, but i'll ask here. Does anyone know the Torque specs for the stock Alternator, water pump, and crank pulley for an frs? i'm trying to change mines back.
I Would post here will see much more mechanically inclined( not me) people that know http://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8

Last edited by bentleyboii; 05-04-2017 at 02:41 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to bentleyboii For This Useful Post:
LuisAntonioSG (05-04-2017)
Old 05-04-2017, 12:18 PM   #1999
bentleyboii

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeSpeed View Post
Hey ft86 club, long time reader but this is my first time posting. Just wanted to say hi to everyone and also ask you guys a small favor.

My college professor has given my colleagues and I a small task. He wants us to create some sort of blog or e commerce site so I decided to make one dedicated too the ft86 family.

If anyone would like their cars to be shown on the site just email me some nice pictures and ill display it on the site. I'll also put a reference to your ft86 name if you want me to.

Any help would be awesome, thanks!
this thread doesn't see as many eyes I would go here, Just make sure to message owner to make sure its okay. Im sure most will not mind http://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30
Old 05-04-2017, 12:51 PM   #2000
TougeSpeed

Drives: Raven FRS
Quote:
this thread doesn't see as many eyes I would go here, Just make sure to message owner to make sure its okay. Im sure most will not mind http://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30
Thanks bro,

Will definitely take all this into consideration while I'm on the forum
TougeSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 03:15 PM   #2001
0dbcam

Drives: 2017 Subaru Brz premium
I'm part of the club! This is my 1 week of owning the brz and I'm enjoying it everyday. Ever since the twins came out 5 years ago, I knew I had to get this car.
It's something about the simple lightweight rwd platform, that I love about it.
This is my first car in a while and hope to keep it for a long time.
I'm still new to manual, but I'm gradually getting the hang of it.
Luckily I haven't stall for couple days now lol.

What's cool was on the first day after driving home from the dealer. I got a subie wave from another WRX owner. Pretty neat being part of the car community.
0dbcam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 0dbcam For This Useful Post:
KiP40 (05-06-2017), MileMonger (05-06-2017), Tcoat (05-16-2017)
Old 05-07-2017, 02:02 AM   #2002
Xork

Drives: 2017 BRZ w/ PP
Finally took her home! Ordered on 4/5, arrived at the dealer early on 5/5, picked it up the next day! They originally told me 6-8 weeks, so I was pleased about that, especially seeing some of the waits on these forums.

Bad news. Some careless fool banged it somewhere in delivery. Pretty straight vertical dent on one of the doors and the door handle is scraped up directly above it. I was too eager to take it home that I didn't try to leverage a lower price or free things. Dealership did promise to make it right and fix it to my 100% satisfaction. They're replacing the handle and say they expect they can pull the dent out. A bit worried the repair may cause paint issues down the road and want the dealership to agree to cover that. Any advice?

I also ordered aero pieces all around & tint. So they're going to fix the damage and install everything else in a week or so. Should change the look quite a bit, will be like taking home a new car all over again.

Incredibly happy with the way she drives. This thing is going to be the best thing I've ever bought. Never bought anything remotely new before, so I'm just overwhelmed with how nice this car is. Put 100 miles on it today just cruising around and feeling it out. My favorite thing about the look is seeing the BRZ logo in red on the seats, matching the brembos and the rear lights on an otherwise dark car.

Xork is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Xork For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (05-16-2017)