follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 04-22-2013, 09:46 PM   #239
PHAT

Drives: HONDA S2000
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boead View Post
:-/ you must be young. I have to keep reminding myself of that on this forum.
LoL young compared to someone who has baseless arguments. Most definitely. Don't worry you didn't lose in your points, no one is keeping track. You can still feel good.:happy0180:
PHAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:54 PM   #240
Jaylyons1

Drives: 2022 WRB BRZ; 1993 Skyline GT-R
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Subaru should have just build it themselves(Oh wait, they did). Scion isn't going to last anyway and Toyota butched the biggest job they had and that was the cosmetic side. The car could have been beautiful.
Jaylyons1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:55 PM   #241
GTM_Challenge

Drives: On track
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
GTM_Challenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #242
DylanFRS
Lost in Kansas

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS (Raven)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylyons1 View Post
Subaru should have just build it themselves(Oh wait, they did). Scion isn't going to last anyway and Toyota butched the biggest job they had and that was the cosmetic side. The car could have been beautiful.
Definitely not biased here... Especially given the WRX drag times you posted in your sig... yeah, you're not a fanboy for sure....
DylanFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:22 PM   #243
Kelbyat07
Poor College Kid

Drives: ~.~
Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,249 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
It's kind of funny for all the Toyota haters out there because without the president of Toyota, the BRZ would not exist. If Toyota had not partner up with Subaru, then we would could of got Yamaha or other partnership. Perhaps, creating a better engine for the car.

Kelbyat07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelbyat07 For This Useful Post:
forzajuve (04-24-2013), SPEEDGOD (07-17-2014)
Old 04-24-2013, 06:25 PM   #244
fatoni

Drives: miata, mazdaspeed protege, ls430
Thanked 1,442 Times in 787 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
you cant compare them. apples to oranges.
fatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:41 PM   #245
forzajuve
Banned

Drives: Ultramarine 86 - 6MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Everything I just read, that you wrote, proved to me that you are completely clueless. Wake up man. You wouldn't be owning your BRZ if it wasn't for Toyota. Get over yourself, yuck.
forzajuve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:50 PM   #246
GTM_Challenge

Drives: On track
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
More like Apples to Apples
GTM_Challenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:53 PM   #247
forzajuve
Banned

Drives: Ultramarine 86 - 6MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTM_Challenge View Post
More like Apples to Apples
Or Peaches to Peaches :P
Why do people not understand the usage of 'twins'.

forzajuve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:54 PM   #248
Jaylyons1

Drives: 2022 WRB BRZ; 1993 Skyline GT-R
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanFRS View Post
Definitely not biased here... Especially given the WRX drag times you posted in your sig... yeah, you're not a fanboy for sure....
That has nothing to do with it. What does is the fact that everywhere I look on the car, I see Subaru. The only place I see Toyota is on my intake manifold. Yea, I love Subaru, but I have also owned a couple Supra's and would take another one over my BRZ any day of the week. The tag in my sig was actually just for a sweepstakes on dragtimes, lol.
Jaylyons1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:58 AM   #249
FoolCyclist

Drives: SWP BRZ Limited, MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
oh lord, this again

Mine's a Subaru. Some I see are Scions. Even some FR-S owners I know say they wish they could have gotten a BRZ but they had to wait too long for one. If this had come to the states as only a FR-S, I would be in an STI right now. To me Toyota make cars for my grandma, Scion makes cars for teenagers and college kids. Subaru has always made cars that are fun to drive and have a wierd cultish following. I can dig that.

BRZ vs. FR-S??? Who cares? Toyota vs Subaru??? Who cares? I love my car. I waive at all the BRZs and FR-Ss. Funny thing is..... only the BRZ drivers waive back. Its a Subaru thing. Just go out and enjoy your car, the rest of us are.
FoolCyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:54 AM   #250
AsianStyle

Drives: Whiteout FR-S MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolCyclist View Post
Mine's a Subaru. Some I see are Scions. Even some FR-S owners I know say they wish they could have gotten a BRZ but they had to wait too long for one. If this had come to the states as only a FR-S, I would be in an STI right now. To me Toyota make cars for my grandma, Scion makes cars for teenagers and college kids. Subaru has always made cars that are fun to drive and have a wierd cultish following. I can dig that.

BRZ vs. FR-S??? Who cares? Toyota vs Subaru??? Who cares? I love my car. I waive at all the BRZs and FR-Ss. Funny thing is..... only the BRZ drivers waive back. Its a Subaru thing. Just go out and enjoy your car, the rest of us are.
Statements like this are what causes these arguments to continue.

Just because it is a particular brand name even though it is basically the same exact car means you can't own it, due to some random stereotype you came up with? (Yet hypocritically you state BRZ vs. FR-S who cares?)

Also, Subaru cars do have a cult following, but this car should not be a part of that cult. The nature of this car has nothing in common with any other Subaru cars. This is not an awd rally machine created to post fast track times at a low cost. This is a Light weight rwd car made for fun not track times, which follows Toyota’s sports car heritage.
AsianStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AsianStyle For This Useful Post:
DylanFRS (04-25-2013), suaveflooder (04-25-2013)
Old 04-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #251
DylanFRS
Lost in Kansas

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS (Raven)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolCyclist View Post
If this had come to the states as only a FR-S, I would be in an STI right now. To me Toyota make cars for my grandma, Scion makes cars for teenagers and college kids. Subaru has always made cars that are fun to drive and have a wierd cultish following. I can dig that.
Seriously? So despite the fact that it is the same car, you would not have bought one because it has a different emblem on it? I suppose you wouldn't take a Veyron if they had put VW emblems on it? The car is what the car is no matter what badge is on it so why does it matter?

Quote:
Funny thing is..... only the BRZ drivers waive back. Its a Subaru thing. Just go out and enjoy your car, the rest of us are.
Maybe all of the FRS owners would enjoy their cars more if all of the BRZ owner would get off their high horses about owning the same car with different emblems...

Apples to Apples...

I love green apples but I hate granny smith apples... sure, they are the same thing but one says granny in the name and that is just gross...
DylanFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:13 AM   #252
Nezz
86DESU

Drives: 86 GTS, S13, CB9
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanFRS View Post
Seriously? So despite the fact that it is the same car, you would not have bought one because it has a different emblem on it? I suppose you wouldn't take a Veyron if they had put VW emblems on it? The car is what the car is no matter what badge is on it so why does it matter?

Maybe all of the FRS owners would enjoy their cars more if all of the BRZ owner would get off their high horses about owning the same car with different emblems...

Apples to Apples...

I love green apples but I hate granny smith apples... sure, they are the same thing but one says granny in the name and that is just gross...
I'm happy to say "my car's actually a Subaru" as a talking point. And I -love- Granny Smith apples! From Edenvale, NSW. Tart, crisp and delicious. Great for cooking too.

EDIT; Lots of bits on this car are Subaru parts-bin, mainly due to production restrictions and Subaru already having the technology to build the chassis for the engine (And of course, the engine). This car is some-parts-bin some-new, and cost a lot of Toyota's money to develop. Subaru were actually thoroughly -against- this car, as it didn't fit with their strategy. That's not to say they didn't contribute, they fully refreshed a line to build this car in the first place-- that's not cheap.

If you want to thank anybody for this car existing, thank Tetsuya Tada and Akio Toyoda. Forget the companies they work for, these dudes are responsible for our twins.

Last edited by Nezz; 04-25-2013 at 10:24 AM.
Nezz is offline   Reply With Quote