follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 07-25-2015, 08:32 AM   #1
TurboBRZ

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Stereo RCA Adapter Installation

I'm wiring in a 4-channel RCA Adapter so I can install a 4-channel amp to run the speakers in this car. This requires me wiring the adapter into the 2 front and 2 rear speakers (both + and -) and the remote turn-on wire.

I enlisted the help of SportsGuy83 to help guide me through the electrical wiring manual for this car (ie: how to read it)... Which has now led me to a few more questions. Keep in mind I am not the most experienced when it comes to reading electrical diagrams, so here it goes:

So how I've been told to read this, the circles with the letter C represent connector D14 (designated with (C) in the legend at the top). The number next to the circled letter represents what PIN that wire corresponds to on the connector. For example The first yellow wire you see should be Pin 6 on connector D14 (which it is).

Problem: We have multiple "Front speaker assemblies"... Everything in the second photo is a "Front speaker" - and yes there are 3 on each side of the car but typically these are wired into some sort of high pass or low pass filters (on aftermarket multi-speaker kits) with one set of wires going to the filter. Can someone explain to me how this is working? I'm going to be installing some new components and don't want to screw it up. I also want to know if I should be wiring in Front No1, No2 or No3 to my adapter?

I am thinking the following diagram I have is correct, but I would like some reassurance before I go soldering stuff:

I Rebuild BRZ's for Breakfast.

Last edited by TurboBRZ; 07-25-2015 at 09:07 AM.
TurboBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 01:36 PM   #2
Shankenstein
Frosty Carrot

Drives: The Atomic Carrot
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
It's complicated. The tweeters have 4 wires at each connector. 2 wires carry the audio signal into the dash speakers, and 2 are outputs (pass-through) for the midrange. D39 and D66 in your diagram represent the tweeter connectors.

Each speaker has its own high-pass filter (capacitor) onboard, and the speakers are wired in parallel.

If you want to use the factory wiring, it's best to pull the stereo signal from the existing amplifier harness. On H14, use 3/9 (left input signal) and 4/10 (right input signal). 1/5 and 2/6 will be the outputs to your door woofers. You'll want to run speaker wire to the dash for your mids and highs. H13 is useful for getting the remote turn-on (its on the previous page of the manual).
Shankenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shankenstein For This Useful Post:
TurboBRZ (07-25-2015)
Old 07-26-2015, 08:05 PM   #3
KidRed

Drives: 2015 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I hate to thread jack but I'm in a similar situation. I just installed tweets, mids in the doors, soundeadened everything, ran wires to the trunk, built a sub box and went to wire up my amp and I can't get any sound.

I used a metra plug to the stock oem amp harness connected to a LOC and nothing works. Every wire diagram or post I've seen mentions wire colors that I don't have. I have 2 shades of pink, a few light green shades, meaning no brown, no whites, etc. so I'm not sure if I can then trust the metra plug.

I don't know if the LOC I got is defective, but I'm hoping someone with a 2015 FRS, or whenever the newer colors went into production, can tell me what wires to tap for LOC/high level to RCA. I think the blue (previously brown) for the factory harness is the remote.
KidRed is offline   Reply With Quote