follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 08-15-2013, 12:07 AM   #29
BlaineWasHere
Grip>Drift

Drives: FRS
Thanked 1,749 Times in 918 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I would have paid another $200 for that headunit.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:00 PM   #30
Saber_TRD

Drives: '09 Cobalt SS Turbo
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin2JZ View Post
"Located on the interior door panels and along-side the instrument panel"

it is on the door panel too. and you realize that scion is toyota right. simply a subdivision. just like lexus. And its Toyota's marketing team that decied to brand this as a Scion in the US. And is probably the ones deciding to not have it the same as the GT86.

JDM models have always gotten cooler stuff.

Fair enough, I misread that they are including the door panels. The rest of my point still stands.

Scion is owned and started by Toyota, but it is not Toyota. I've gone over this many times before. They have different goals and ways of doing things, even Toyota admits that. That makes the different. Same goes for Lexus.

It was actually Scion's head guy that pleaded with Toyota to get the car to save the Scion brand. Toyota stupidly agreed. It's Scion and their price limit, single trim only, garbage that is deciding to not have the GT86 in all it's glory. If it was a Toyota we'd have the different trims and options, just like the BRZ. That means you'd have an optional cheaper, than the FR-S, Toyota or an optional more expensive, than the FR-S, but extra goodies.

Not always, but yes, generally Japan has held out on the good stuff and that doesn't make it any better or right. I'm a consumer, who has driven Toyota vehicles since day one and I am voicing. They've already stated they watch these forums. I've contacted them in other ways as well. If you don't complain things don't change, they keep bending you over.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:07 PM   #31
Dustin2JZ
StatusLow

Drives: 2013 10 Series FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber_TRD View Post
Fair enough, I misread that they are including the door panels. The rest of my point still stands.

Scion is owned and started by Toyota, but it is not Toyota. I've gone over this many times before. They have different goals and ways of doing things, even Toyota admits that. That makes the different. Same goes for Lexus.

It was actually Scion's head guy that pleaded with Toyota to get the car to save the Scion brand. Toyota stupidly agreed. It's Scion and their price limit, single trim only, garbage that is deciding to not have the GT86 in all it's glory. If it was a Toyota we'd have the different trims and options, just like the BRZ. That means you'd have an optional cheaper, than the FR-S, Toyota or an optional more expensive, than the FR-S, but extra goodies.

Not always, but yes, generally Japan has held out on the good stuff and that doesn't make it any better or right. I'm a consumer, who has driven Toyota vehicles since day one and I am voicing. They've already stated they watch these forums. I've contacted them in other ways as well. If you don't complain things don't change, they keep bending you over.
Sorry I don't consider being "bent over".

I don't mind them holding out a few things for the JDM model. That's just more I can do to make mine look different than the other ones on the street.

That's why Toyota made Scion. To make cars that people can make thier own and break the cookie cutter trend.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:36 PM   #32
AsianStyle

Drives: Whiteout FR-S MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber_TRD View Post

I agree that more options would be better. I know I would have paid a bit more for the car if there were more options in place when I ordered. However, I actually like the ala cart setup scion has, rather than the set trims which forces you to buy things you don't want.
AsianStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:39 PM   #33
Dustin2JZ
StatusLow

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanco View Post
JDM models do get the cooler stuff but when the BRZ has those things its makes me a bitter toyota fan boy (*still love my FR-S)
and yes the got some of those things but I still think the GT86/10 series headlights look much better than the BRZ
Dustin2JZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:40 PM   #34
Dustin2JZ
StatusLow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianStyle View Post
I agree that more options would be better. I know I would have paid a bit more for the car if there were more options in place when I ordered. However, I actually like the ala cart setup scion has, rather than the set trims which forces you to buy things you don't want.

Agreed
Dustin2JZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:24 PM   #35
blanco
DNGZONE

Drives: Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianStyle View Post
I would have gladly paid more for some options. I love the FR-S, the way it drives and looks. I would have been happy to add SKS and maybe HID then I could go on my happy way modding and hooning.
blanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:09 PM   #36
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Smile

I think everyone would pay $200 extra for a head unit with nav in the FR-S.
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:31 PM   #37
Frstorm

Drives: 2013 Firestorm
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Frs- I would not of. I love the stock unit look. And if you notice a lot of people who do heavy mods keep the stock unit
Frstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 04:56 PM   #38
amilleri

Drives: 2010 Scion xD
Didn't expect this to get so many replies. Although yes I agree while the options would be nice from the GT86 I'm glad I can get a cheaper version of it and do the things I want to instead of them being force on me.

With that said though, I do wish all the FR-S had the GT86 headlights and push button start, it just seems appropriate for a car as awesome as this one.
amilleri is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to amilleri For This Useful Post:
blanco (08-15-2013)
Old 08-15-2013, 05:37 PM   #39
PR FR-S

Drives: 2013 FR-S, Asphalt
I want the knee cushions. Wonder how much they cost...
PR FR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:28 PM   #40
fistpoint

Drives: Supercharged Golf Cart
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Don't forget the FR-S already got a price increase midway through the 2013 model...I think it was $300?

So, that makes $500 more than launch price...but yea, $200 more than what everyone is currently paying as MSRP.
fistpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:28 AM   #41
amilleri

Drives: 2010 Scion xD
Here is the press release link http://pressroom.toyota.com/releases...ndard+2014.htm
amilleri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 02:51 AM   #42
207sw20

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Im getting told that the 2014 will have the 10 series lights and dash heater/air controls like the BRZ and GT86 have. not 100% sure but thats what its looking like in toyota's computer system. (my dads a parts manager at the dealership back home)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calavera View Post
I'm still keeping my fingers crossed on 86 headlights!
207sw20 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 207sw20 For This Useful Post:
Godzilla35 (08-17-2013)