follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

AUSTRALIA Australia and New Zealand

User Tag List

Old 09-06-2012, 10:11 PM   #183
fuddbutter
Potato Farmer

Drives: #SLOBRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
great to hear ur getting it finally! did u get the Nav? Just wondering if the unit fills the space completely or has to use a space filler kit

Nah no nav, got an Alpine 7998r to go in, but i would say you would need the spave filler kit, they are pretty cheap. i have one here to use that i had in my Hilux.

I do need to order a phone holder so i can use the nav on that.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:15 AM   #184
dnjshin0bi

Drives: 86 GTS (PW) Manual
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
grats!
dnjshin0bi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:03 PM   #185
BRZWRB

Drives: BRZ WRB
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
the Subaru SatNav, Eclipse AVN827GA, is provided with an installation kit that has a surround that neatly completes the installation, and is coloured the same as the rest of the dash. I like that it pairs to the iPhone easily so music and phone are all connected to in car display.
It looks SO much better than the standard 1970's Corolla radio supplied as standard spec that was in the car when I picked it up.
The US owners of cars have complained of signal drop out, etc, but I am not finding it major problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuddbutter View Post
Nah no nav, got an Alpine 7998r to go in, but i would say you would need the spave filler kit, they are pretty cheap. i have one here to use that i had in my Hilux.

I do need to order a phone holder so i can use the nav on that.
BRZWRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:05 PM   #186
fuddbutter
Potato Farmer

Drives: #SLOBRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Over 300k in 26 hours..
then i let it sit there all night last night haha..
Old 09-08-2012, 10:54 PM   #187
kiks

Drives: V12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZWRB View Post
the Subaru SatNav, Eclipse AVN827GA, is provided with an installation kit that has a surround that neatly completes the installation, and is coloured the same as the rest of the dash. I like that it pairs to the iPhone easily so music and phone are all connected to in car display.
It looks SO much better than the standard 1970's Corolla radio supplied as standard spec that was in the car when I picked it up.
The US owners of cars have complained of signal drop out, etc, but I am not finding it major problem.
It's nothing like the USDM or jdm or udm models. The unit is only on the Aussie brz. Aussie 86 gets a heap of shit nav.

Awesome aint it.
kiks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kiks For This Useful Post:
LeftFootBrake (09-09-2012)
Old 09-09-2012, 04:50 AM   #188
BRZWRB

Drives: BRZ WRB
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiks View Post
It's nothing like the USDM or jdm or udm models. The unit is only on the Aussie brz. Aussie 86 gets a heap of shit nav.

Awesome aint it.
Yes. I am finding it awesome so far. iPod connected, and menu displayed. Mobile phone synced by Bluetooth and all contacts uploaded. Nav is bit bit tedious to input a destination and can only be done with handbrake on, but that is a safety feature. Music plays well through standard speakers although I note the rears have very little sound. It was the same using standard radio before Nav was installed this week (back ordered since BRZ delivered first week of August). Overall no complaints with BRZ, the Nav, or Subaru. So glad I didn't opt for Toyota!
BRZWRB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BRZWRB For This Useful Post:
RJ_ (09-09-2012)
Old 02-05-2013, 03:51 AM   #189
RJ_

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
On Order and estimated delivery 5/04/2013!
RJ_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:50 AM   #190
Redline_Randy

Drives: HoldenSv6 soon to be WRB BRZ
Same here RJ_ my date is also 5/04/2013, so I guess our cars will be on the same boat!
Redline_Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Redline_Randy For This Useful Post:
RJ_ (02-06-2013)
Old 02-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #191
Markone

Drives: BRZ DGM Auto with spoiler & CF Dash
My order for a DGM BRZ updated today Friday 8th Feb 2013 from pending due May 2013.
To due 7th June 2013 with a Vin no
So I can only assume that she is due for production soon.

I have just added the Eclipse Sat Nav media centre with reversing camera as options.
I have read a few good reviews on the Eclipse does any BRZ owners have any feed back?..I think Fuddbutter liked thenEclipse and the alpine unit with camera.?..

Sent from Mark's iPad using Tapatalk HD
Markone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:07 AM   #192
wrbrz?

Drives: WRB BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markone View Post
My order for a DGM BRZ updated today Friday 8th Feb 2013 from pending due May 2013.

I have just added the Eclipse Sat Nav media centre with reversing camera as options.
I have read a few good reviews on the Eclipse does any BRZ owners have any feed back?..I think Fuddbutter liked thenEclipse and the alpine unit with camera.?..

Sent from Mark's iPad using Tapatalk HD
It's not bad, there's a few things that I think are worth mentioning:
  • Having the eclipse seems to mean that you don't get the USB connection in the center console. Although I haven't been in a brz with the normal radio to be able to say whether it has this connection or not in Australia.
  • The loud 'bing' noise every time the sat-nav gives a direction can get pretty irritating, especially at low speeds. And I can't figure out any way to turn it down or off.
  • I've had problems syncing my phones messages and at one point had to turn off my car to get rid of the onscreen message telling me I had a new message.
  • The maps loaded onto mine were around a couple of years old (still shows the old route over the hill on the Western Highway)
  • The head unit turns off and on again when starting the car.
  • A lot of things are locked out while the handbrake's down - I know most cars do this but it's still frustrating.
Other than that I would prefer a volume dial to the buttons; would prefer to have speed camera warnings and would like to have an onscreen current speed (my speedo is out by around 4%).
Some of those might seem picky, but I'm coming from a $150 Tom Tom that had a lot of these features.

Overall everything else works pretty well, but I don't think it's worth the $1815 (fitted) that they're asking for and would definitely consider getting something fitted myself if I could go back.
Probably still better value than the cigarette lighter though.
wrbrz? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:27 AM   #193
Yumcha

Drives: MY13 BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
wrbrz? just picked up my car and i can confirm
the audm brz (without nav) comes with the usb
and audio jack located under the hvac.
ill be using my $1800 to buy the new
pioneer Z zeries nav due in the coming weeks.
Yumcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:46 PM   #194
t0dd

Drives: BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrbrz? View Post
It's not bad, there's a few things that I think are worth mentioning:
  • Having the eclipse seems to mean that you don't get the USB connection in the center console. Although I haven't been in a brz with the normal radio to be able to say whether it has this connection or not in Australia.
  • The loud 'bing' noise every time the sat-nav gives a direction can get pretty irritating, especially at low speeds. And I can't figure out any way to turn it down or off.
  • I've had problems syncing my phones messages and at one point had to turn off my car to get rid of the onscreen message telling me I had a new message.
  • The maps loaded onto mine were around a couple of years old (still shows the old route over the hill on the Western Highway)
  • The head unit turns off and on again when starting the car.
  • A lot of things are locked out while the handbrake's down - I know most cars do this but it's still frustrating.
Other than that I would prefer a volume dial to the buttons; would prefer to have speed camera warnings and would like to have an onscreen current speed (my speedo is out by around 4%).
Some of those might seem picky, but I'm coming from a $150 Tom Tom that had a lot of these features.

Overall everything else works pretty well, but I don't think it's worth the $1815 (fitted) that they're asking for and would definitely consider getting something fitted myself if I could go back.
Probably still better value than the cigarette lighter though.
The USB in the centre console is removed with the Eclipse, you should have a USB connector in the cup holder area, or maybe somewhere else depending where the dealer installer put it!

You can adjust the satnav volume control for the "bing" and voice instructions eg "turn left in x metres" etc. Go to the menu when you're in maps, there's a big volume slider at the bottom of the screen thats the one you're after.

Speed camera warnings are available (and a lot of other warnings too), you just need to turn them on. Can't remember where off the top of my head but look through the settings, you'll find it.
t0dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:05 PM   #195
wrbrz?

Drives: WRB BRZ
Thanks I'll have a look after work. Yeah there's still a usb connection in front of the cupholders. Yeah, I know I can adjust both, it's just that I still want to hear the directions, but the bong noise is much louder than the voice. Try driving through a town with lots of directions and roundabouts ay a volume where you can still here the voice on the freeway and see if it's annoying. After 10 directions over a few minutes it gets pretty painful.
I might end up turning the navigation volume off just to save my right ear.

I'll be a lot happier with it if I can find spees camera warnings.
wrbrz? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:25 PM   #196
Bester

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markone View Post
Deja vu for my DGM BRZ...my status change/dates are exactly the same as yours.