follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 09-27-2017, 02:00 AM   #1
IvanPwns

Drives: Satin White Pearl
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
OFT Launch Control. Removed Clutch Return Spring.

Hey guys, I have the Stage 2 UEL e85 tune on my car with OFT and I understand that the OTS tunes come with launch control set at 5.6k. Over the weekend, I removed the clutch pedal return spring and I noticed that when I try to redline it triggers the launch control, even though I don't have the clutch pressed. Is this normal or should I be concerned?
IvanPwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 03:08 AM   #2
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanPwns View Post
Hey guys, I have the Stage 2 UEL e85 tune on my car with OFT and I understand that the OTS tunes come with launch control set at 5.6k. Over the weekend, I removed the clutch pedal return spring and I noticed that when I try to redline it triggers the launch control, even though I don't have the clutch pressed. Is this normal or should I be concerned?

It wont be triggering the launch rpm limit it will be triggering the flat foor shift limiter

Oft launch works pirly off vehicle speed speed belpw threshold ie 8 kmh rpm limited to lainch limit, doesnt care about clutch switch.

FFS limit is triggered pirly off thte clitch switch at top of clitch travel if clifch switch triggered then rpm limited to ffs limit. Id say your clitch switch is fauly or needs adjistment. The gear display will go out if clutch switch is triggered
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 03:22 AM   #3
IvanPwns

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
It wont be triggering the launch rpm limit it will be triggering the flat foor shift limiter

Oft launch works pirly off vehicle speed speed belpw threshold ie 8 kmh rpm limited to lainch limit, doesnt care about clutch switch.

FFS limit is triggered pirly off thte clitch switch at top of clitch travel if clifch switch triggered then rpm limited to ffs limit. Id say your clitch switch is fauly or needs adjistment. The gear display will go out if clutch switch is triggered
Sorry, I should have mentioned that when I tried to redline I was stationary. Do the OTS tunes come with FFS?
Edit. I also have no trouble hitting redline when I'm driving.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:16 AM   #4
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Sorry, I should have mentioned that when I tried to redline I was stationary. Do the OTS tunes come with FFS?
Yrs they have both, set both delta rpm to zero and see if problem solved
Old 09-27-2017, 10:42 AM   #5
Takumidesh

Drives: 2013 FR-S, 2015 TC
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I am a little confused, you said that you are hitting the redline, while stationary but without the clutch pushed, so do you mean that you are in neutral?
The launch control is only turned on/off by vehicle speed, the default is 6mph I think.

If you are wanting to disable the LC you can just set the rpm delta to 0 and the vehicle speed to 0 in Romraider. This will effectively tell lc to only activate at 7500rpm and if you are going 'slower' than 0 effectively disabling LC.

Otherwise, this seems to be normal operation, the LC is not determined by clutch position at all.

afaik Flat foot shifting is disabled by default with the ots oft tunes.
Takumidesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 02:37 PM   #6
IvanPwns

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumidesh View Post
I am a little confused, you said that you are hitting the redline, while stationary but without the clutch pushed, so do you mean that you are in neutral?
The launch control is only turned on/off by vehicle speed, the default is 6mph I think.

If you are wanting to disable the LC you can just set the rpm delta to 0 and the vehicle speed to 0 in Romraider. This will effectively tell lc to only activate at 7500rpm and if you are going 'slower' than 0 effectively disabling LC.

Otherwise, this seems to be normal operation, the LC is not determined by clutch position at all.

afaik Flat foot shifting is disabled by default with the ots oft tunes.
No, the only time I don't red line is when I'm stationary without the clutch pedal pressed. I can hit red line when I'm going. So this is to be expected with LC?
Old 09-27-2017, 05:38 PM   #7
steve99
Banned

Quote:
No, the only time I don't red line is when I'm stationary without the clutch pedal pressed. I can hit red line when I'm going. So this is to be expected with LC?

Correct if you set lc to say 5000 (delta 2500) then the car will never rev over 5000 when stationary regardless of clutch position, lc works purly off vehicle speed under 8 then rpm limited over 8 speed then full rpm
Old 09-27-2017, 08:34 PM   #8
nocoolname

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
That's what launch control pretty much is, a lower rev limit from a stop as to limit power to the wheels instead of feathering the clutch as much during launch. Sounds like it's working normal to me.
nocoolname is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clutch, control, launch, oft, spring