follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

View Poll Results: Nissan Skyline GTR (R35)
Sub-Zero 23 36.51%
Cool 31 49.21%
Uncool 8 12.70%
Seriously Uncool 1 1.59%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 03-13-2010, 10:33 PM   #1
vh_supra26
Site Moderator

Drives: Supra
Thanked 2,181 Times in 964 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
2011 Nissan GT-R Pricing Starts at $85,060

Nissan only offering GT-R Premium for 2011, priced from $85,060* - will volume be constrained?

2010 Nissan GT-R – Click above for high-res image gallery

Quote:
The illustrious Nissan GT-R is, quite possibly, one of our favorite cars currently in production. Now entering its third year in America, Godzilla receives a few minor tweaks for 2011, including some minor suspension tuning, a double clear coat on its front and rear fascias, new rear cooling ducts and – wait for it – slightly darker wheel center caps than on the 2010 model that is pictured. Additionally, the 2011 GT-R – henceforth only available in Premium trim – gets more standard features, including auto on/off headlamps, speed-sensitive windshield wipers, Bluetooth, a USB iPod interface and XM NavWeather and NavTraffic. All of this can be yours for $85,060 (*including $1000 destination charge), which represents an increase of $1,020 over the 2010 GT-R Premium. Get your pocketbooks out.

Curiously, the folks at Nagtroc.org are reporting that just 315 GT-R units are slated to come to the U.S. during the 2011 model year. That striking us as odd, we talked with Nissan spokesperson Darryll Harrison, and he says that the automaker can't confirm the limited production volume. Hmmm. The 2011 model is just now hitting the nearly 700 GT-R certified Nissan dealers across the country, though if the unit constraint holds up, it's likely that more than half of the approved showrooms will never see one. Either way, hit the jump for the full details in Nissan's press release.
Press Release

Nissan Announces U.S. Pricing for 2011 Nissan GT-R

Nissan North America, Inc. (NNA) today announced U.S. pricing for the 2011 Nissan GT-R supercar, which is on sale now at select Nissan dealers.
For 2011, its third year of availability in the North American market, the Nissan GT-R features a number of enhancements and a simplified model lineup. The previous GT-R base model has been eliminated, leaving the GT-R Premium as the only available 2011 model. Other changes include slightly darker wheel center caps, double clear coat on the front and rear fascias and the addition of rear cooling ducts to improve cooling performance around the rear floor area.

The suspension has been retuned and the rear bushing strengthened to enhance ride comfort while still maintaining the GT-R's outstanding handling. In addition, auto on/off headlights and speed-sensitive windshield wipers are now standard, along with a USB iPod® interface, Streaming Audio via Bluetooth® and DVD playback. The navigation system now includes XM NavTraffic® and NavWeather™ capability.

The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP)* for the 2011 Nissan GT-R equipped with standard 485-horsepower 3.8-liter twin-turbo V6 engine and high-performance, 6-speed, dual-clutch transmission is:

Nissan GT-R Premium: $84,060 USD

Three options and one accessory are available for the 2011 GT-R: Cold Weather Package (no charge); special Super Silver paint ($3,000); Ultra-High Performance Tire Package (no charge); and carpeted GT-R logo floor mats ($280).

The 2011 GT-R is available only through officially certified Nissan retailers that have met a number of strict sales, service and facility commitments, including dedicating a master technician to GT-R service. A complete listing of the nearly 700 GT-R Certified Nissan dealers is available to consumers on NissanUSA.com.

About Nissan in North America

In North America, Nissan's operations include automotive styling, engineering, consumer and corporate financing, sales and marketing, distribution and manufacturing. Nissan is dedicated to improving the environment under the Nissan Green Program 2010, whose key priorities are reducing CO2 emissions, cutting other emissions and increasing recycling. More information on Nissan in North America and the complete line of Nissan and Infiniti vehicles can be found online at www.NissanUSA.com and www.infinitiusa.com.
# # #
* MSRP excludes applicable tax, title and license fees. Dealer sets actual price. Prices and specs are subject to change without notice.
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/11/n...d-from-85-060/

Quote:
No, Virginia -- there is no "base" GT-R for 2011. Instead, Nissan's pared the lineup down to the Premium trim, and bumped the price ever so slightly to $85,060, including a $1000 destination charge. Sources at Nissan today have confirmed much of what we learned in a dealer leak yesterday

When the GT-R launched in 2009, the base and Premium trim levels had slightly different content levels, but in Nissan’s eyes, the biggest difference rested with the side airbags. GT-R Premium models received side curtain and side impact airbags as standard equipment, but they weren’t available in the base car.

Nissan did, however, move to make these airbags standard across the GT-R range in 2010 -- and by doing that, officials say, it largely negated the need for a base model.

Although it is the only form of GT-R left, the 2011 car -- which stickers for $85,060, including a $1000 destination charge -- is still billed as a “Premium,” and retains some hallmarks (i.e. the black 20-inch wheels, heated seats, and a Bose audio system) of last year’s car.

As we learned in yesterday's leak, Nissan did make a few notable tweaks to the GT-R for 2011. Engineers have re-tuned the suspension (adding stronger rear bushings), added cooling ducts for the rear floor, and treated the front and rear fascias with a two layers of clear coat.
An automatic headlamp control is a new addition, as is Nissan’s revised navigation system, which now sports DVD playback, XM traffic and weather updates, and Bluetooth streaming audio. A standard USB audio input replaces the optional iPod adapter, which previously was a $400 port-installed option.

Apart from the audio input, options remain unchanged for 2011. The super silver paint still carries a $3000 premium, while the carpeted floor mats with GT-R emblems run $280. A cold weather package and high-performance summer tires remain no-charge options.

Nissan officials won’t comment on production, but did note the limited figure previously reported was likely just “dealer speculation.”
http://wot.motortrend.com/6631181/au...#ixzz0hubi3SEe

Last edited by vh_supra26; 05-21-2021 at 11:25 PM.
vh_supra26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:21 PM   #2
tranzformer
Delights in pure handling

Drives: Zoom Zoom
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Top Gear Nissan GTR runs 1:17.8

[u2b]CuFkzSQSmik[/u2b]

Yes faster time than a Veyron, Pagani Zona F, Enzo, Gallardo LP560-4...etc.
tranzformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:31 PM   #3
RRnold
2 wheel member

Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Watch for it...

"if the FT86 fails... I'm buying a GTR!"
Old 07-18-2011, 09:34 PM   #4
tranzformer

^ yeah where is Levi. I keep telling him he should get a used GTR instead of the new Cayman S. The GTR is such a killer car for the price.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:34 PM   #5
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

Drives: '17 BRZ CWP LMT.
Thanked 1,725 Times in 790 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
LOl if it was only affordable, Im still wondering how to afford the FT XD

"The BRZ Section's fine wine" -Zgrinch
Zaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:11 AM   #6
bofa

Drives: Ms. Daisy
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
That car is just crazy. When I was doing consulting it was within my price range and I was planning to buy one upon release. But then I started learning about the maintenance costs and the total costs just skyrocketed. Its still a great bang-for-buck ride, but don't let the sticker fool you.

Of course.. its probably a good thing I didn't bite the bullet because our contract wasn't renewed the following year and now I make half of what I used to.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:19 AM   #7
tranzformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bofa View Post
That car is just crazy. When I was doing consulting it was within my price range and I was planning to buy one upon release. But then I started learning about the maintenance costs and the total costs just skyrocketed. Its still a great bang-for-buck ride, but don't let the sticker fool you.

Of course.. its probably a good thing I didn't bite the bullet because our contract wasn't renewed the following year and now I make half of what I used to.
Yeah what is the cost of a regular maintenance, something like $2k? I mean it runs with the supercars, so I guess you should assume it will require $ to maintain even if a Nissan
Old 07-19-2011, 11:52 AM   #8
bofa

2k I think was the 18000 mile interval service according to a car magazine (included filters, fluid flushes, oil change, inspection).

A regular oil change and fluid top off was in the $300-$400 range.

The brake job (initially rumored like 12k) is around 4-5k according to my Nissan service guy.

The stock tires run about 500/ea.. not a big deal but supposedly they eat through them every 10-12k miles.

With any kind of enthusiastic driving you could creep up on 8k in a year or so... god forbid you actually use it on the track.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:55 AM   #9
bofa

Don't get me wrong - its a fantastic car.. but its kinda like buying a million dollar home. You might be able to swing the mortgage payment, but wait until taxes and insurance catch up with you. You definitely have to consider total costs of ownership with these, where as the figures are a bit more negligible in todays typical car.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:13 PM   #10
tranzformer

Quote:
Don't get me wrong - its a fantastic car.. but its kinda like buying a million dollar home. You might be able to swing the mortgage payment, but wait until taxes and insurance catch up with you. You definitely have to consider total costs of ownership with these, where as the figures are a bit more negligible in todays typical car.

For sure, but if you are looking at car performance the GTR beats up cars well over 2-3x as much as itself. So if looking at a Ferrari (and you don't care about the status symbol/bragging rights) and just want the best performance, I am guessing a GTR would be a great option to consider especially since you could afford the maintenance. But I agree, one needs to look at the big picture. Saying that, when considering the maintenance costs of the GTR, it is still a killer deal since the costs on a Ferrari or Lambo are going to be bad as well.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:38 PM   #11
bofa

No doubt - just a bit let down that this "affordable sports car" still gets up there. Every time I go up there I cant stop staring at this red one...
Old 07-19-2011, 12:49 PM   #12
Dragonitti
Banned

Drives: Boosted Scion tC, 350z
Super Car Killer right there.
Dragonitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:14 PM   #13
RRnold
2 wheel member

Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
2k I think was the 18000 mile interval service according to a car magazine (included filters, fluid flushes, oil change, inspection).

A regular oil change and fluid top off was in the $300-$400 range.

The brake job (initially rumored like 12k) is around 4-5k according to my Nissan service guy.

The stock tires run about 500/ea.. not a big deal but supposedly they eat through them every 10-12k miles.

With any kind of enthusiastic driving you could creep up on 8k in a year or so... god forbid you actually use it on the track.
I was on the GTR forum a couple yrs ago b/c I really wanted a GTR and was prepared to wear a white shirt n jeans and eat Top Ramen for a couple of years. I even put a deposit at Power Nissan in Irvine but once they marked them up an extra 20K on top of MSRP, it wasn't going to happen and got my $ back.

There were several threads about that and those prices are $$$ b/c it's the dealership. Originally it was 8K but just like dealership, they charge and arm and a leg and I believe it was b/c they change all the rotors and pads. Also There are always aftermarket and independent shops that charge a lot less or you can do it yourself.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:20 PM   #14
bofa

For that kind of money I could turn my Z into a 4.2 and TT... every year.