follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 05-02-2018, 01:39 PM   #1
killy

Drives: BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
OFT is giving a write error after update

Hello everybody,
my OFT refuses to write anything after the last time I reflashed my ECU (which was last monday).

I am doing some tests with some tunes, I have openflashmanager 1.32 installed on my PC, and on the OFT says HW ver: 235, Fw ver: 151

initially the OFT gave me a protocol error. To resolve this I unistalled the OFM, deleted the directory on C, and reistalled everything, and then let it update the tablet again.

When I plug it into the car vereything works, the realtime data display, the info...
everything but the WRITE.
When I push ok after the ignition ON, it stays on "comunication with ECU" for a few seconds and then it goes: an error occurred while writing, please try again".

I tried again but it says it everytime.
Someone can help?
killy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 04:43 PM   #2
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by killy View Post
Hello everybody,
my OFT refuses to write anything after the last time I reflashed my ECU (which was last monday).

I am doing some tests with some tunes, I have openflashmanager 1.32 installed on my PC, and on the OFT says HW ver: 235, Fw ver: 151

initially the OFT gave me a protocol error. To resolve this I unistalled the OFM, deleted the directory on C, and reistalled everything, and then let it update the tablet again.

When I plug it into the car vereything works, the realtime data display, the info...
everything but the WRITE.
When I push ok after the ignition ON, it stays on "comunication with ECU" for a few seconds and then it goes: an error occurred while writing, please try again".

I tried again but it says it everytime.
Someone can help?

first try disconnecting battery for 30 minutes, then reconnect and try flashing the "STOCK" tune from the original slot in OFT.

Was the last tune you flashed modified by you using romraider ??

does the car start and run
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 04:46 PM   #3
tomm.brz

Drives: brz 2017 hksv2
Thanked 1,067 Times in 775 Posts
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
his car start , run , and oft logs correctly and read all info from ecu

just doesnt flash

he had a v4 hacked from another guy with romraider I guess, that flashed correctly and run ok
then he tried flashing a v2 2.076 I modded manually to v4 with different values from what this guy did, when he started flashing and pressed confirm , oft stopped almost immediately and returned back to: "keły in and press confim" and doesnt go on

after deleting all from oft and putting back oft just says ecu communication error and doesnt write
tomm.brz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 04:48 PM   #4
tomm.brz

no sorry oft says: an error occured while writing to ecu please try again

but logs correctly everything
Old 05-02-2018, 04:50 PM   #5
tomm.brz

he successfully flashed stock map from the oft stock map stored in reserved slot
Old 05-02-2018, 05:02 PM   #6
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomm.brz View Post
he successfully flashed stock map from the oft stock map stored in reserved slot

OK

that good.

It possible the modified map that was initially flashed is bad

but sometimes ecu get in strange state and need power reset before you can flash
Old 05-02-2018, 05:15 PM   #7
killy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
OK

that good.

It possible the modified map that was initially flashed is bad

but sometimes ecu get in strange state and need power reset before you can flash
HEllo steve, I have flashed the original ROM inside, now I don't know exactly what to try.

it's strange becasue, since i wanted to flash the original ECU (to at least try to get the car back at stock), I deleted all the ROMs from the 5 slots in the tablet. When I plugged the OFT in the car it said "reading the ECU" (??) and then all the slot were full with :

Stage 1
Stage 2 EL
STage 2 UEL
E85 etc...
they were all A01G Cal ID.
But my original cal ID is A00G. I checked the "info" section on the tablet and it said ZA1JA01G, which is not right... (even that I know that the v2 map that was inside was a 01G hacked to show as 00G)

At this point i didn't know what to think, I disconnected the tablet, plugged again into the PC and filled 1 slot with 1 old v2 stage 2 map I used 2 years ago.

Plugged again the tablet and incredibly it flashed the original ECU in.
After I checked the info and it said Original File ECM, Cal Id ZA1JA00G (correct).

I don't know... I can erase all data and start again like the first time? the original file is in (I HOPE), don't know...
Old 05-02-2018, 05:43 PM   #8
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by killy View Post
HEllo steve, I have flashed the original ROM inside, now I don't know exactly what to try.

it's strange becasue, since i wanted to flash the original ECU (to at least try to get the car back at stock), I deleted all the ROMs from the 5 slots in the tablet. When I plugged the OFT in the car it said "reading the ECU" (??) and then all the slot were full with :

Stage 1
Stage 2 EL
STage 2 UEL
E85 etc...
they were all A01G Cal ID.
But my original cal ID is A00G. I checked the "info" section on the tablet and it said ZA1JA01G, which is not right... (even that I know that the v2 map that was inside was a 01G hacked to show as 00G)

At this point i didn't know what to think, I disconnected the tablet, plugged again into the PC and filled 1 slot with 1 old v2 stage 2 map I used 2 years ago.

Plugged again the tablet and incredibly it flashed the original ECU in.
After I checked the info and it said Original File ECM, Cal Id ZA1JA00G (correct).

I don't know... I can erase all data and start again like the first time? the original file is in (I HOPE), don't know...

sounds normal.

If original calid was A00G then the OFT maps are based on A01G but altered to look like A00G so you will get oft reporting A00G or A01G as calid.

If calid was incorrect oft will complain about map incompatable and you wont be alble to load incorrect calid maps via openflash manager.

If you got message like "error communicating with ecu" then that issue with oft talking to ECU.

make sure battery is good low battery will cause that issue
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
killy (05-02-2018)
Old 05-02-2018, 05:46 PM   #9
killy

Garage
update: I tried to upload a map that i used for 2 years, since 2016 until last monday (when I uploaded a test map which tonight i tried to change, when this incident happened);
again it wont load any map.
The current map in the ECU I think is the stock map (1 hour ago it completed its write process. i still dont know how and why it succeded) it has an IAM of 0,7 and did a full cold start at 1500 rpm.

the battery is good..
again it wont write anything now and fails to recognize the file currently on the ECU (when I wrote 1 hour ago it said in the "info" ECM: "original file" now it says nothing:
tonight I will try to disconnect the battery and then try again...

Last edited by killy; 05-03-2018 at 03:47 AM.
Old 05-03-2018, 04:57 PM   #10
tomm.brz

he successfully fixed the tablet resetting it from scratch, i wasn t an ecu problem. thanks steve
The Following User Says Thank You to tomm.brz For This Useful Post:
steve99 (05-03-2018)
Old 05-04-2018, 03:13 AM   #11
killy

Garage
finally, I have made it, it was a tablet issue..
Fortunately after flashing the stock ECU, I have erased it and re installed it.

updated the OFT with latest FW and template, Re-read the ECU and everything works now..

thanks again!!