follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List

Old 06-27-2012, 05:39 PM   #57
OldSkool86

Drives: Corolla
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_classic View Post
I've been road racing for 8 years now. I won the ITA Championship, reset 2 track records and won Driver of the Year in 2011. So far in 2012 I've won the first 4 races, 3 of them from pole.

By no means am I suggesting people should give me the time of day but hey, I do I meet your criteria.
Right. Road racing. How many motors have you personally built and blew up? Won't argue with u since you are the pro when it comes to oil viscosity or whatever. I'm just a noob. What do I know. Oh and since you've won so many championships you know it all. Good for you man.

Once again as for the OP, enjoy your ride for as long as possible. Just don't fuck it up.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:10 PM   #58
track_warrior
Track Junkie

Drives: Faster than the Stig!
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkool86 View Post
Right. Road racing. How many motors have you personally built and blew up? Won't argue with u since you are the pro when it comes to oil viscosity or whatever. I'm just a noob. What do I know. Oh and since you've won so many championships you know it all. Good for you man.

Once again as for the OP, enjoy your ride for as long as possible. Just don't fuck it up.

Lol dont worry i wont.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:36 PM   #59
track_warrior
Track Junkie

I guess this will become my track & build thread so ill just be updating it with new pics and vids every now and then.

Wife told me there was something waiting for me in the garage, as soon as i opened the door i saw these babies in the corner!!

Hankook RS3's in 245/40/17 the federals are on back order so these will do for now cant wait for my rpf1's to arrive friday. Ive never owned a set of RS3'S but my first impression is they look awesome!! Cant wait till i break these babies in at the track!!

Tread pattern looks so cool!!

Picked up some tire totes which i highly recommend for those of you who will transporting your race tires back and forth to the track in your car. Keeps your interior free from brake dust and other nasty stuff in your used tires. Picked up two subbie oil filters as well since the k&n was out of stock at my local autozone.

There is more stuff on the way i will be posting it as they arrive and i will share some reviews here and on my youtube account so subscribe:

So far this stuff is on the way:

-Cusco front and rear strut bars
-KW V3 coilovers
-Black Enkei RPF1's
-Federal 595 RS-R Racing tires in 235/40/17
Old 06-27-2012, 06:51 PM   #60
philstar

Drives: Argento FR-S
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
sweet! what size RPF1 did you go with?
Old 06-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #61
track_warrior
Track Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by philstar View Post
sweet! what size RPF1 did you go with?
17x8 +45

15.6 pounds FTW!!!
Old 06-27-2012, 07:58 PM   #62
taosracer
Frickin' Genius

Drives: GBS BRZ 6sp, 2002 ts wagon WRX swap
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiller View Post
^^ indeed it is, as I said its a fairly complex topic and VERY debatable and we don't want to clog up this thread with that sort of stuff
Nice attempt at avoiding the inevitable derail that ensued.

Now back to our regularly scheduled "this guy really knows how to have fun with his new car" thread...

Being a track junkie myself, with an unattractive current budget, I'm doing everything possible to try to hide my undeniable envy.

Ooops, that failed

I hear on occasion, people say that they are bored...wrong answer....An engine can be bored, a person would more correctly state that they are boring.
taosracer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to taosracer For This Useful Post:
track_warrior (06-27-2012)
Old 06-27-2012, 11:28 PM   #63
rice_classic

Drives: Nevermorange FRS
Thanked 4,200 Times in 1,803 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Pcasso87

How do I say this nicely?.....

You make good decisions!

If you haven't got one yet consider getting the AIM Solo. You can mount it from the windshield with a suction cup mount. It's a GPS Lap timer but also collects all kinds of data that you can download to a computer. Having a lap timer (and of course a camera!) go a very long way in making you faster. You'll absolutely love it. They also make one that plugs into your OBDII port and collects data from your car!!! This is extremely affordable data acquisition which will make your weekend at the track that much more fun.

Sorry for the thread derail but in 2010 I went through 3 engines (gasket and machining surface issues, not oil) but I know how much it sucks to be out at the track playing with our expensive toys and then things suddenly get way more expensive, if you catch my drift (no pun intended). It's all out of love man. Have fun.
rice_classic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rice_classic For This Useful Post:
track_warrior (06-27-2012)
Old 06-27-2012, 11:41 PM   #64
track_warrior
Track Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_classic View Post
Pcasso87

How do I say this nicely?.....

You make good decisions!

If you haven't got one yet consider getting the AIM Solo. You can mount it from the windshield with a suction cup mount. It's a GPS Lap timer but also collects all kinds of data that you can download to a computer. Having a lap timer (and of course a camera!) go a very long way in making you faster. You'll absolutely love it. They also make one that plugs into your OBDII port and collects data from your car!!! This is extremely affordable data acquisition which will make your weekend at the track that much more fun.

Sorry for the thread derail but in 2010 I went through 3 engines (gasket and machining surface issues, not oil) but I know how much it sucks to be out at the track playing with our expensive toys and then things suddenly get way more expensive, if you catch my drift (no pun intended). It's all out of love man. Have fun.

Thanks man

Yeah the AIM solo is great its going to be my next purchase, the guys at my local track lent it to me about 6 months ago and the amount of data it shows is much better than the vbox. I still have not gotten rid of my vbox because it was a present from my wife lol , but i for sure will be getting a solo down the road.

On the thread derail no problems man, any advice is welcome i will always consider advice. BTW what did you think about the oil i picked up the 0w-30 AMS oil, i thought about going all the way to 0w-40 but though i might try the 30 first specially since ams oil makes good stuff.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:48 AM   #65
rice_classic

Drives: Nevermorange FRS
Thanked 4,200 Times in 1,803 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
The Amsoil 0w-30 is a great choice. The only way to know exactly what the optimal oil is for the application is to have an oil temp and pressure gauge. You do not so the 0w-30 is nice and safe.

If you want to know more about how and why I make certain choices on oil for racing, daily driving or a mix of DD/Track feel free to PM me. It's not complex, it's just a matter of knowing "why" and for "what application/environment".
rice_classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:28 AM   #66
ImAwesome

Drives: 99' M3, 13' SWP Brz
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Love this. I wish my local track wasn't sooo expensive
ImAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:53 AM   #67
I usually post drunk

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcasso87 View Post
17x8 +45

15.6 pounds FTW!!!
Nice, please post how much clearance in front and if any rubbing issues with your 245 tires. I am looking at 17x8 +48 but don't know if I can fit 245 so definitely looking forward to your experience.
#87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:48 AM   #68
track_warrior
Track Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by #87 View Post
Nice, please post how much clearance in front and if any rubbing issues with your 245 tires. I am looking at 17x8 +48 but don't know if I can fit 245 so definitely looking forward to your experience.
Will do sir!! They should be here tomorrow in the AM!

Gave the car a quick wash in the early morning

Chemical Guys Products are awesome!! Its always important to pamper your track car every now and then .

Always use a two bucket system and a microfiber scrubber so you wont screw up the paint on your car.

Foamed cannoned the hell out of my car. You should see my neighbors every time they drive by and see my car covered in foam they are like WTF?? skeet skeet skeet

Dried her off inside to avoid any dust or particles scratching the paint, i always use a water blade first to get rid of all the excess water.

I used chemical guys high gloss spray sealer all over to ensure a long lasting shine, this stuff is amazing keeps the car shining for days!!

Here is a comparison of one side treated with the high gloss spray vs a non treated surface.

Non treated, see how the paint looks dull i used no flash on both pictures

Treated:

Scrubbed the engine bay & underbody with chemical guys all surface cleaner stuff works great because it does not leave parts oily.

Rotated wheels & tires and cleaned the wheels and brakes from any excess brake dust.

Finished product, and i havent even polished and waxed her, thats coming next week before i clear bra her.

Bonburner (08-02-2012)
Old 06-28-2012, 11:20 AM   #69
DjDATZ
EightSixClub Co-Founder

Drives: Selina (FR-S), Rondo EX V6 & fortwo
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Talk about knowing how to pamper your baby! I hope your wife's not too jealous!
DjDATZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:10 PM   #70
track_warrior
Track Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjDATZ View Post
Talk about knowing how to pamper your baby! I hope your wife's not too jealous!
Lol she does get a bit jealous.

Tags
build, fr-s, mx-5, pcasso87, track