follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 09-04-2019, 05:22 AM   #197
TaylorFRS

Drives: Hot Lava FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is there any markings and or ways to tell if a set of tfa are truly CSG? There are some used ones in my area and I dont want to buy just flex a's.
TaylorFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 07:09 AM   #198
churchx

Drives: 2014 GT86
Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,436 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
As dampers are kind of wearables too .. maybe it's more worth to save for new set? As for those used ones .. CSG started making/selling custom valved As not that long ago, and most customers liked them, so imho there might be little chance for them to soon selling them off for something else, and thus little chance for those to be of CSG spec.
churchx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 12:31 PM   #199
CounterSpace Garage

Drives: Subaru BRZ / Toyota 86 Experts
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorFRS View Post
Is there any markings and or ways to tell if a set of tfa are truly CSG? There are some used ones in my area and I dont want to buy just flex a's.
It says "CounterSpace Garage" on the tag. There are maybe 1-2 standard FLA units that have been revalved and serviced to CSG Spec, but they are very specific individuals who wanted to pay for the service. FYI, it's far more budget conscious to just order the CSG FLA instead of converting a used FLA to CSG Spec.
CounterSpace Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 12:55 PM   #200
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,176 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
https://counterspacegarage.r.worldss...ex-a-1_web.jpg
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
timurrrr (09-05-2019)
Old 09-05-2019, 04:44 AM   #201
TaylorFRS

Drives: Hot Lava FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by churchx View Post
As dampers are kind of wearables too .. maybe it's more worth to save for new set? As for those used ones .. CSG started making/selling custom valved As not that long ago, and most customers liked them, so imho there might be little chance for them to soon selling them off for something else, and thus little chance for those to be of CSG spec.
The owner is selling them for a great deal and because hes selling his car. I'm going to pick these up and probibly either get them rebuilt farther down the line or sell them to my friend and buy a new set. So we can both be on these sweet coilovers! Also they do have that sticker thank you!
TaylorFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TaylorFRS For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (09-05-2019)
Old 09-05-2019, 01:31 PM   #202
CounterSpace Garage

Quote:
The owner is selling them for a great deal and because hes selling his car. I'm going to pick these up and probibly either get them rebuilt farther down the line or sell them to my friend and buy a new set. So we can both be on these sweet coilovers! Also they do have that sticker thank you!
Glad to see them being kept within the community!!
Old 09-10-2019, 11:29 AM   #203
spitsnaugle

Drives: LS Swapped Scion FRS = 440HP
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CounterSpace Garage View Post
Glad to see them being kept within the community!!

Did my first road course on these coil overs, they handled well, but with the front camber maxed out at the strut towers (I think they were 2.4 degrees), I managed to wear the outer edges of my hoosiers down to the belts in four sessions. I'd like to go closer to 3.2 to 3.5 degrees... is the only reasonable way to accomplish this with an adjustable lower control arm? I assume camber bolts on coilovers would be frowned upon at this point. ??

Video for fun. You can hear my winmax w4 pads screaming in agony.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jmU4bEsK9g[/ame]
spitsnaugle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 11:58 AM   #204
timurrrr

Drives: 2022 GR86
Thanked 1,297 Times in 718 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitsnaugle View Post
... I think they were 2.4 degrees ... I'd like to go closer to 3.2 to 3.5 degrees... I assume camber bolts on coilovers would be frowned upon at this point. ??
You might find this post and this question useful. I still haven't got a definitive answer to that question though.
timurrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to timurrrr For This Useful Post:
CounterSpace Garage (09-10-2019)
Old 09-10-2019, 12:36 PM   #205
strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,479 Times in 4,998 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Do the cam bolts, no issue if properly installed
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 01:42 PM   #206
CounterSpace Garage

You can use crash bolts to gain additional camber up front. It should be easy to get -3 to -3.5 with that setup and our camber plates.

Also, if you're working the course like that, you're going to need a proper pad. Understandably you have a retrofit CTS-V kit, but heat is still going to be an issue and a pad compound is required to take on that heat on top of the stress from using Hoosiers.

Let us know when you can provide us additional feedback. We'd love to help optimize your setup so you can run harder.

Quote:
Did my first road course on these coil overs, they handled well, but with the front camber maxed out at the strut towers (I think they were 2.4 degrees), I managed to wear the outer edges of my hoosiers down to the belts in four sessions. I'd like to go closer to 3.2 to 3.5 degrees... is the only reasonable way to accomplish this with an adjustable lower control arm? I assume camber bolts on coilovers would be frowned upon at this point. ??

Old 09-10-2019, 02:20 PM   #207
CSG Mike

Quote:

If installed at the recommended ride heights, you should be able to get the camber range you're looking for.

Have a picture of the top hats? You may need to move the bolts over a hole or two, to get more clearance!
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
timurrrr (09-10-2019)
Old 09-10-2019, 04:44 PM   #208
spitsnaugle

Drives: LS Swapped Scion FRS = 440HP
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CounterSpace Garage View Post
You can use crash bolts to gain additional camber up front. It should be easy to get -3 to -3.5 with that setup and our camber plates.

Also, if you're working the course like that, you're going to need a proper pad. Understandably you have a retrofit CTS-V kit, but heat is still going to be an issue and a pad compound is required to take on that heat on top of the stress from using Hoosiers.

Let us know when you can provide us additional feedback. We'd love to help optimize your setup so you can run harder.
Good memory on the brakes. Also running STI/EVO rears.

I was just informed I won best engineered car. Too bad I didnt stay for the award ceremony.

Brakes held ok through the 20 minute sessions. I only noticed one time where I thought they were fading. Being my first road course in this car, (and first time on NCM) I wasnt pushing as hard as I could have.

I definitely like my winmax W3's/W4's for autocrossing, but wouldnt mind stepping it up a bit for the next track day (within reasonable budgets)

The car is likely going to Toronto Motorsports Park perhaps next month to get reviewed on Speed Academy for quick three hot laps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
If installed at the recommended ride heights, you should be able to get the camber range you're looking for.

Have a picture of the top hats? You may need to move the bolts over a hole or two, to get more clearance!
Top hats: contrary to appearance, these are dialed to be equal:
spitsnaugle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 04:47 PM   #209
CSG Mike

Quote:
Top hats: contrary to appearance, these are dialed to be equal:
That tells me your shop likely has the bolts in asymmetrically at the bottom.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:30 PM   #210
CounterSpace Garage

TMP is pretty hard on brakes and having Hoosiers certainly doesn't make that task easier. Let us know if you need something that will actually hold up to that task. With a seasoned veteran driver, the car is going to see some incredible pace. Like we discussed in the past, we got the pads to take on the task and won't cook your caliper. There are certainly pads that are more budget oriented, but you will need to monitor the caliper temperature and fluid.

PM us if you want us to get you setup for next month! We've rushed some parts over to some clients who will be working with Speed Academy soon.

Quote:
Good memory on the brakes. Also running STI/EVO rears.

I was just informed I won best engineered car. Too bad I didnt stay for the award ceremony.

Brakes held ok through the 20 minute sessions. I only noticed one time where I thought they were fading. Being my first road course in this car, (and first time on NCM) I wasnt pushing as hard as I could have.

I definitely like my winmax W3's/W4's for autocrossing, but wouldnt mind stepping it up a bit for the next track day (within reasonable budgets)

The car is likely going to Toronto Motorsports Park perhaps next month to get reviewed on Speed Academy for quick three hot laps.