follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 12-09-2012, 12:15 AM   #1
MF_DEUCE
Adventure Enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Misleading Moto iQ article...

Let me just say I have owned an FR-S since the end of May and am very happy with my purchase. this thread is not about the car itself but about the mentioned DEALERSHIP and OWNER mentioned in this article.

So i happened to come across this old article that Moto iQ placed back in october where it states,
Quote:
"Rick Burgess, the Fleet Manager of Norwalk Toyota/Scion was the only dealer that was willing to both: Sell us a car for MSRP and help us find one with a six speed manual transmission. The FR-S is in such high demand in our area most dealers are asking for $5000-7000 over MSRP by stacking them full of dealer installed options. Rick was super friendly and helpful and more than willing to work with us where the other dealers we spoke to blew us off. If you want a new Toyota/Scion we highly recommend him!"
Article Linked here:
http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_artic...-part-one.aspx

Now those are kind words to throw at such a dealership, but what if I showed you what I experienced when I arrived and how I was treated at Norwalk (California) Toyota/Scion.

Here's the link to my write up of that dealership:
Comment #15
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6960

The reason I'm writing this thread is to bring awareness of how Norwalk Toyota/Scion really treated it's earlier customers and how they seem to have tried to cover their B**L S**T up with a credited website. Moral of the story, dont always believe what you read.

You have been warned.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MF_DEUCE For This Useful Post:
Freeman (12-09-2012), IloveBaldEagles (12-09-2012), Rampage (12-09-2012)
Old 12-09-2012, 01:00 AM   #2
IloveBaldEagles

Drives: Gray.
Thanked 2,086 Times in 995 Posts
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
I work at a dealership and we hate such f***** up mark ups. I hope moto iQ finds the attached images.
IloveBaldEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:05 AM   #3
dori.
Seņor Member

Drives: white BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
it's possible the dealer changed its tune since then? the date of your post and the date of that article are five months apart. you also didn't say anything about having spoken to anyone at the dealership. if you had, you didn't post about it.

just trying to give the benefit of the doubt. if they did you and other customers wrong then I fully understand
dori. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:13 PM   #4
MF_DEUCE
Adventure Enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Trust me, I spoke to multiple associates there and we even tried setting up a meeting with the owner where we were told, "he wasn't going to see us." If thats the case why were the people of moto iQ able to work with him. It's the publicity they probably asked for.

They were the only dealership in a 5 mile radius that were slapping a $5k mark up with NOTHING added onto it. They claimed, and i quote, "it was the current market value of the vehicle." The 2 other Toyota dealerships around them had (whatever was left) them at MSRP with a few options or completely stock.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:32 PM   #5
Razz

Drives: Fast
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I know Rick. He is an honest good guy.
Razz is offline   Reply With Quote