follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southern California

Southern California SoCal

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 02-16-2015, 01:40 PM   #3151
mrha

Drives: Lightning Red Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwood11 View Post
Sorry man, Im not trying to bash your add. I just feel bad for the thousands of dogs that are going to be put down "TODAY" because of overpopulation. Trying to make a buck of of breading dogs is well, for the dogs.
I always tell my buyers to please seek out a rescue or a dog from the pound before considering my dogs. I understand your frustration with the overpopulation and euthanization of dogs. However let me just add a few details:

1. Majority of dogs found in SoCal pounds or actually pounds anywhere are American Pitbull Terriers or a mix of it. This is due to many factors one being they are used in dog fighting and/or protection in high crime areas. Owning this breed of dog is a very delicate situation due to their tendencies.

2. Adopting a dog from the pound can many times be more expensive than buying one from a recognized AKC breeder. This is not because of the adoption fees but the medical costs for all the health problems these dogs usually have. I recently adopted a dog in November and her total cost was over $1500.
mrha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 01:43 PM   #3152
swarb

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,271 Posts
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
^don't forget about chihuahuas.
Just post a price and details if they are fixed etc.
swarb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to swarb For This Useful Post:
Choco (02-16-2015)
Old 02-16-2015, 07:01 PM   #3153
dpgfunk

Drives: 2012 E92 M3, 2013 BRZ
sold

Last edited by dpgfunk; 02-20-2015 at 11:09 AM. Reason: sold
dpgfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:04 PM   #3154
continuecrushing

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FRS
Thanked 2,144 Times in 1,003 Posts
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
anyone want an RPF1 setup?

Also, I got my dog from Dog Prison, if that makes any difference. But I don't think I can sell him, as my wife would probably sell me before the dog. None the less, I do have wheels for sale. They did not come from a breeder OR the pound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutter View Post
gonna have fs soon...
black rpf1 17x8 +45
and
(2) 245/40/17 Toyo R1-R
(2) 245/45/17 Nitto NT01

RPF1-$850
Tires $300
or, mounted and balanced for $1050.

Posting up now, before I get them mounted and balanced...so if you want them separate, cool, but for those that want some track/autox/badass street tires you can have this set ready to go.

Last edited by continuecrushing; 02-16-2015 at 07:16 PM.
continuecrushing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to continuecrushing For This Useful Post:
mav1178 (02-17-2015)
Old 02-16-2015, 07:55 PM   #3155
Kodi

Drives: Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
FS OPEN FLASH TABLET with CABLE

I am selling my mint Open Flash Tablet with cable. Unit is pristine with no issues, scratches etc. always stored in a padded case. Unit is unmarried and ready to go. Makes a HUGE difference in drivabilty, response and gas mileage.
Asking 425 shipped in CONUS or 410 picked up.
Selling because I no longer have my FR-S.
Text me @ 949-445-4222 for info or questions.
Thanks

SOLD!

Last edited by Kodi; 02-17-2015 at 12:14 AM.
Kodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 08:00 PM   #3156
Kodi

Drives: Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Invidia N1 Cat-Back Burnt Ti tips 475/bo

INVIDIA N1 CAT- BACK EXHAUST with BURNT Ti TIPS

perfect condition with no dents or gouges. on car for 3000 miles. never driven in rain or tracked. always garage kept.

Selling because I no longer have my FR-S.
Asking 475 or best reasonable offer.
So Cal pickup only . I am located in Irvine.
text 949-445-4222 for info or questions.
thanks,
Jon
Kodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 09:46 PM   #3157
Choco
Embarrassed Doge

Drives: Shibaru BRZ
Thanked 1,674 Times in 668 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwood11 View Post
Sorry man, Im not trying to bash your add. I just feel bad for the thousands of dogs that are going to be put down "TODAY" because of overpopulation. Trying to make a buck of of breading dogs is well, for the dogs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrha View Post
Adopting a dog from the pound can many times be more expensive than buying one from a recognized AKC breeder.
I would also like to add that it doesn't matter if the breeder claims to be an recognized AKC breeder. A good breeder strives for the best representation in the breed, not for the money. They require the potential puppy owner sign a contract for pet quality dogs for spaying/neutering to prevent "poor quality dogs" being bred and also will want the owners of their pups to be returned to them if for any reason they are not able to keep them in the future. Bad breeders do not care who or where the puppies are going to or what is going to happen to them in the future.
Choco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 10:12 PM   #3158
The Dom

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinmp7 View Post
bump

Also selling a set of Axis OG San 17x9 +32 with Hankook Ventus Evo tires.
Asking $600 for all since they will only be taking up space.
Are you selling the tires separately?
The Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 10:39 PM   #3159
Kevinmp7

Drives: 2014 Raven Scion FR-S Monogram Seri
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dom View Post
Are you selling the tires separately?
Nope, $600 for tires (90% tread) and rims
Old 02-16-2015, 11:05 PM   #3160
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
I always tell my buyers to please seek out a rescue or a dog from the pound before considering my dogs. I understand your frustration with the overpopulation and euthanization of dogs. However let me just add a few details:

1. Majority of dogs found in SoCal pounds or actually pounds anywhere are American Pitbull Terriers or a mix of it. This is due to many factors one being they are used in dog fighting and/or protection in high crime areas. Owning this breed of dog is a very delicate situation due to their tendencies.

2.Adopting a dog from the pound can many times be more expensive than buying one from a recognized AKC breeder. This is not because of the adoption fees but the medical costs for all the health problems these dogs usually have. I recently adopted a dog in November and her total cost was over $1500.
WTF?

No disrespect man but I strongly disagree with both of your points and where it sounds like they're coming from. So please at minimum provide some citations because your points sound at best totally anecdotal and very likely biased.

1. "Majority of dogs found in SoCal pounds or actually pounds anywhere are American Pitbull Terriers or a mix of it."

Source? There are several breeds of dogs that people consider to be "Pit Bulls" that are not American Pitbull Terriers. As a breeder you should know that. But what you're saying is that the majority of rescue dogs are of that one breed? Doubt it in the case of shelters AND breed specific rescues. You shouldn't try and scare people into thinking that if they want to rescue a dog their choices will be restricted to mostly dogs that will "be a delicate situation due to their tendencies" because...
A) It's pretty commonly known that this grouping of dogs gets an extremely bum rap http://midwestrescue.org/facts/

B) Breed specific rescues are all over the place. Look here's the California Corgi Rescue http://corgi.rescueme.org/California So if anyone is looking for a Corgi, I'd recommend you look there.
So I have to ask, are you spreading that misconception just to sell some Corgis from your litters/mill? I don't expect a yes even if you were. If so though that's totally unnecessary and borderline unethical.

2. "Adopting a dog from the pound can many times be more expensive than buying one from a recognized AKC breeder."

I see what you did there. So can everyone else. Look just because you selected and adopted a dog with $1500 worth of health issues doesn't mean everyone else will. Even worse as a breeder you should know how to select and mitigate large health expenses better than the average person. Instead choosing language that could discourage people from rescuing, you could share some of your experience as to how to rescue a dog with the fewest possible health issues. If not, point them to resources that can instead of trying to steer them away. Be responsibly constructive.

I understand that you chose to breed dogs to make money, but please don't spread fear, uncertainty and doubt to try and encourage people to buy your dogs. That's ugly and unnecessary. Bad look man.
DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 11:13 PM   #3161
Squishy86

Drives: Your Car
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:

Pembroke Welsh Corgis
How many miles? Do they come with hardware? Price shipped within CONUS?
Old 02-17-2015, 01:12 AM   #3162
The Dom

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinmp7 View Post
Nope, $600 for tires (90% tread) and rims
My bad, I meant to quote the stock rims and tires.
The Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 01:21 AM   #3163
mav1178

Drives: 2005 Toyota Camry
Thanked 6,093 Times in 3,029 Posts
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
<FS> used JDM exhaust tips $100 shipped $90 SoCal local pickup

Selling used JDM exhaust tips in very very good condition.

Same on MY2015 cars, except it's a lot longer and can extend out past end of bumper.

$100 shipped $90 local pickup.

Please PM me, thanks.

-alex
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 01:45 AM   #3164
mrha

Drives: Lightning Red Subaru BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAEMANO View Post
WTF?

No disrespect man but I strongly disagree with both of your points and where it sounds like they're coming from. So please at minimum provide some citations because your points sound at best totally anecdotal and very likely biased.

1. "Majority of dogs found in SoCal pounds or actually pounds anywhere are American Pitbull Terriers or a mix of it."

Source? There are several breeds of dogs that people consider to be "Pit Bulls" that are not American Pitbull Terriers. As a breeder you should know that. But what you're saying is that the majority of rescue dogs are of that one breed? Doubt it in the case of shelters AND breed specific rescues. You shouldn't try and scare people into thinking that if they want to rescue a dog their choices will be restricted to mostly dogs that will "be a delicate situation due to their tendencies" because...
A) It's pretty commonly known that this grouping of dogs gets an extremely bum rap http://midwestrescue.org/facts/

B) Breed specific rescues are all over the place. Look here's the California Corgi Rescue http://corgi.rescueme.org/California So if anyone is looking for a Corgi, I'd recommend you look there.
So I have to ask, are you spreading that misconception just to sell some Corgis from your litters/mill? I don't expect a yes even if you were. If so though that's totally unnecessary and borderline unethical.

2. "Adopting a dog from the pound can many times be more expensive than buying one from a recognized AKC breeder."

I see what you did there. So can everyone else. Look just because you selected and adopted a dog with $1500 worth of health issues doesn't mean everyone else will. Even worse as a breeder you should know how to select and mitigate large health expenses better than the average person. Instead choosing language that could discourage people from rescuing, you could share some of your experience as to how to rescue a dog with the fewest possible health issues. If not, point them to resources that can instead of trying to steer them away. Be responsibly constructive.

I understand that you chose to breed dogs to make money, but please don't spread fear, uncertainty and doubt to try and encourage people to buy your dogs. That's ugly and unnecessary. Bad look man.
Look I don't disagree with anything said about getting a dog from a rescue/pound. However I do feel you are being unfair to me in a lot of aspects mostly because you are so passionate about dogs which is great. I do not want to fill a simple for sale/trade thread with opinions about breeding so I deleted my post.

I do screen my buyers. I do take back dogs. I do rescue corgis from pounds. I do health checks and work toward making the breed better. I only have one litter a year at best.

I also meet a lot of people with horror stories about their dogs being ripped to shreds by pit bulls. Yes its unfair and unfortunate but a lot of the dogs have been bred to be aggressive and used for dog fighting. Yes American Pit Bulls have not always been that way historically but any breed can be twisted over time.

Honestly if you have opinions you want to share with just PM me. Don't use this thread as a soapbox. Anything you have to say I have heard and I won't be offended.
mrha is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mrha For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (02-17-2015)

Tags
caliusedpartsstore, downs, lowering springs, rsr, selling, shift knob for sale, side marker, socal, spoiler, trd