follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 03-28-2019, 08:58 AM   #2367
MaximS

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impureclient View Post
Maybe your feelings are hurt though? Since you had to comment about it now, appears that way. In the last video presented in here it's obvious the Dodge was the one with hurt feelings.
Same exact thing with my situation. Nobody was racing along in a straight line losing and then had to show the offending 4400 lb behemoth what's what in the corners. The opposite occurred.

Maybe some people find it odd as Tcoat mentioned but if there aren't any cars around and it's a twisty road, some of us take it a little faster than normal because it's where the car shines.
If that encourages some boat with 500hp barge to take his frustration out in a straight line after realizing his car would flip off the road going around a bend at "86 speed" then so be it.

I take turns to the limit so that I am at the edge of losing traction to careen off the road into an explosion and fiery death.

No it still sounds like it was your feelings to me

Edit: "If that encourages some boat with 500hp barge to take his frustration out in a straight line after realizing his car would flip off the road going around a bend at "86 speed" then so be it."

bud I watched the vid and what are you talking about. Looks like that dude was just ripping it for fun geez...

"86 speed"? .....

Tcoat that's it man I'm selling the car and buying a fucking big ol' v8 just to do burnouts and pull on 86 drivers all around so I can read more of this thread at work. See me dead in the news in a few

Last edited by MaximS; 03-28-2019 at 09:22 AM.
MaximS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaximS For This Useful Post:
HachiRokuX (03-28-2019), Jordanwolf (03-28-2019)
Old 03-28-2019, 09:39 AM   #2368
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximS View Post

Edit: "If that encourages some boat with 500hp barge to take his frustration out in a straight line after realizing his car would flip off the road going around a bend at "86 speed" then so be it."

bud I watched the vid and what are you talking about. Looks like that dude was just ripping it for fun geez...

"86 speed"? .....

Tcoat that's it man I'm selling the car and buying a fucking big ol' v8 just to do burnouts and pull on 86 drivers all around so I can read more of this thread at work. See me dead in the news in a few
They will still take you in the turns and that will teach you!
Driving 10/10 may not be enough though...
HachiRokuX (03-28-2019), MaximS (03-28-2019)
Old 03-28-2019, 02:05 PM   #2369
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

"86 speed"? .....

Some people gotta justify the extra 300hp our sportycars don't have with handling dynamics and self proclaimed skill.
Old 03-28-2019, 08:56 PM   #2370
Impureclient
Banned

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Thanked 2,903 Times in 1,282 Posts
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:

"86 speed"? .....

Nah, now I'm positive you're feelings are hurt. Talking about selling your car now...
Impureclient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 10:04 PM   #2371
Impureclient
Banned

I also have to lol at anybody coming into this thread and posting "OMG, people take corners hard in a 86/FRS/BRZ!!" If you don't want to read this stuff why bother even clicking in and going even further and making argumentative posts?
If you've never passed anybody in your car and not had them get frustrated and then try to out-accelerate you to show you what's really up, then you either drive like a lost grandpa or aren't paying attention to your surroundings.
I just posted my run in with the Jaguar because it was almost exactly like the prior story video posted. To say that running through curves fast is just some sort of justification of lack for HP or "self proclaimed skill" demonstration in our cars is laughable and sounds like you are just trying to start an argument online with somebody because you're bored.

Self help for the afflicted: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...line-arguments
Old 03-28-2019, 10:08 PM   #2372
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,587 Times in 2,929 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quote:

"86 speed"? .....

Get out! Just get the hell out of here!

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 06:40 AM   #2373
MaximS

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Nah, now I'm positive you're feelings are hurt. Talking about selling your car now...
Oh my bad I just noticed you're from Florida my condolences I didn't know.
MaximS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 07:50 AM   #2374
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,939 Times in 11,376 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
If you've never passed anybody in your car and not had them get frustrated and then try to out-accelerate you to show you what's really up, then you either drive like a lost grandpa or aren't paying attention to your surroundings.....
Or maybe, just maybe, I have no interest in frustrating or pissing off fellow drivers, and/or street racing. I think the last time I did something like that I was in high school, and it was with a buddy who I happened to meet up with at a stop light at 2 in the morning.

All any of this can lead to is trouble for someone, and it may just be the family in the kid hauler 5 miles down the street that have no idea the jackass in the muscle car is pissed off at someone "back there" and is cutting everyone else off because of it.

Do I drive the 86 "like it was intended" absolutely, I think our definition of the intended us on public roads with others around may be a bit different though.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (04-01-2019)
Old 03-29-2019, 09:54 AM   #2375
James H

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
I also have to lol at anybody coming into this thread and posting "OMG, people take corners hard in a 86/FRS/BRZ!!" If you don't want to read this stuff why bother even clicking in and going even further and making argumentative posts?
If you've never passed anybody in your car and not had them get frustrated and then try to out-accelerate you to show you what's really up, then you either drive like a lost grandpa or aren't paying attention to your surroundings.
I just posted my run in with the Jaguar because it was almost exactly like the prior story video posted. To say that running through curves fast is just some sort of justification of lack for HP or "self proclaimed skill" demonstration in our cars is laughable and sounds like you are just trying to start an argument online with somebody because you're bored.

Self help for the afflicted: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...line-arguments
You do realize that in almost all states, if the other muscle car idiot crashes, get injured or injures a bystanders, you are equally responsible and will be charged. You will be seen as provoking the other person and directly causing accident which they get into. It sucks but thought you should know. The "let me show you who's boss around the curve" can lead to life changing disasters.
James H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 11:17 AM   #2376
RToyo86

Drives: 17 Asphalt 86
Thanked 2,214 Times in 1,131 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by James H View Post
You do realize that in almost all states, if the other muscle car idiot crashes, get injured or injures a bystanders, you are equally responsible and will be charged. You will be seen as provoking the other person and directly causing accident which they get into. It sucks but thought you should know. The "let me show you who's boss around the curve" can lead to life changing disasters.
That would be difficult to prove, considering you could drive off. I'm not saying it's the right move, but I doubt most people would stop in that situation. You follow an idiot and crash; you're the bigger idiot. That's just me though.
RToyo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 11:33 AM   #2377
Dr. BRZ

Drives: 2013 WR Blue Pearl BRZ Limited 6MT.
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I will be going against a 2015 stage 2 gti dp and intake and i will let yall know the results. I am na and gutted. This will happen next weekend. Wish me luck!
Dr. BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 11:35 AM   #2378
Dr. BRZ

Drives: 2013 WR Blue Pearl BRZ Limited 6MT.
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RToyo86 View Post
That would be difficult to prove, considering you could drive off. I'm not saying it's the right move, but I doubt most people would stop in that situation. You follow an idiot and crash; you're the bigger idiot. That's just me though.
I would drive off too. They crash their fault, not mine. Point blank. See ya!
People make their own choices. Their own responsibility. Nobody has a gun to their head so i aint taking fault for their actions.
Dr. BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. BRZ For This Useful Post:
Will BRZ (04-01-2019)
Old 03-29-2019, 11:36 AM   #2379
Impureclient
Banned

So somebody randomly races past you for no reason and you are responsible for damages they do down the road because they thought you were racing them, got it. Yeah, that might happen.
So how does this go now, does the driver racing past and who causes a crash say "but I saw some car going around a curve faster than normal and I thought we were racing so we're both at fault, officer!"
Or is it somebody driving along saying "pretty sure that snazzy looking little car that looked fast around that curve somewhere close to him was egging him on for a race and it just so happens I got his plates, officer."
Oh wait, in this scenario, we are supposed to stop and admit we were racing due to "sports car guilt"? BRB...selling car because people think it's fast and don't want to ruin my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RToyo86 View Post
The hypothetical situation being described above doesn't exist. A couple people here are confusing street racing between two guilty cars and a crash occuring to some random douche racing past you because he "thought you two were racing".
The Following User Says Thank You to Impureclient For This Useful Post:
qcbaker (03-29-2019)
Old 03-29-2019, 08:26 PM   #2380
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,587 Times in 2,929 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
A Tesla Model 3 spotted me and then proceeded to book it (quietly). The only way I could keep up with it was by flipping them off. I feel like that was a victory for me.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote