follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 01-23-2017, 05:14 PM   #1373
MileMonger

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nisti View Post
Dragging this thread out of the bin.
In lieu of a new design to the axelback with in-house made tips, I want to see if anyone has additional info/pictures of the new design.
Maybe @Jason@Nameless can comment or post up some pictures?
Just seconding nisti's request. On the website I see the new units can be preordered by calling, but is there any additional info or pictures concerning the redesign?
MileMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:37 PM   #1374
_search

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Hi everyone, I've been searching and searching but can't seem to find clear answers to two questions. Sorry if these have been answered.

I just installed a 2.5 inch with 5 inch tips about a month after flashing the car to a Stage 1 map with an OFT. Should I reflash or reset the ecu now that I've added the header?

Also, the tips stick out a bit far from the back of the bumper, is that normal? It is hard to tell from photos on this thread. Would changing to urethane hangers pull it back in some?

Thanks in advance!
_search is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:54 AM   #1375
oaroyale

Drives: Black BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Yes, the tip sticks out a little bit beyond the bumper, that is normal. I've actually burned myself once or twice when I went to get something from the trunk after driving for a while.

No, changing the hanger wouldn't do anything to the position of the exhaust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _search View Post
Hi everyone, I've been searching and searching but can't seem to find clear answers to two questions. Sorry if these have been answered.

I just installed a 2.5 inch with 5 inch tips about a month after flashing the car to a Stage 1 map with an OFT. Should I reflash or reset the ecu now that I've added the header?

Also, the tips stick out a bit far from the back of the bumper, is that normal? It is hard to tell from photos on this thread. Would changing to urethane hangers pull it back in some?

Thanks in advance!
oaroyale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 12:31 PM   #1376
lantsalot
Derp

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by gietl View Post
For the owners, how has long term usage of your exhaust been? Has tone been consistent ? How about corrosion?

I've had axleback for about 2 years now and the headerback for about 1 year now, and I have to say the sound is still absolutely beautiful. I haven't noticed any change in tone or anything, but if it had happened i'm sure it was super gradual so I probably wouldn't notice. But I can say that it still 100% sounds amazing.

Additionally, I haven't been under there recently, but from what is visible the equipment appears to be holding up. No visible corrosion, no exhaust burns on bumpers.
lantsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 04:28 PM   #1377
Tomzilla

Drives: '13 Premium MT BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by gietl View Post
For the owners, how has long term usage of your exhaust been? Has tone been consistent ? How about corrosion?
I'm at or around 3-4 years of offset ownership and, about 2 months ago the muffler can separated from the rest of the exhaust. As I am a lazy scumbag, I have yet to do much about it other than ziptie the can together so it no longer hangs. It chatters now and the tone has changed a bit, but before it came undone, I was really happy with the quality.

Probably 1 year into ownership and the black powder-coating began to flake off, but luckily exhaust residue is black so it's hardly noticeable.

All-in-all I would certainly recommend and will probably purchase a new unit should the current one be beyond repair.

http://imgur.com/a/VoqgP

Last edited by Tomzilla; 05-26-2017 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Added picture.
Tomzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 02:23 AM   #1378
phm14
Loves the Smell of Track

Drives: '13 86
Garage
[QUOTE=Tomzilla;2916739]I'm at or around 3-4 years of offset ownership and, about 2 months ago the muffler can separated from the rest of the exhaust. As I am a lazy scumbag, I have yet to do much about it other than ziptie the can together so it no longer hangs. It chatters now and the tone has changed a bit, but before it came undone, I was really happy with the quality.

Probably 1 year into ownership and the black powder-coating began to flake off, but luckily exhaust residue is black so it's hardly noticeable.

All-in-all I would certainly recommend and will probably purchase a new unit should the current one be beyond repair.

I don't see any corrosion. Did you contact Nameless?
phm14 is offline   Reply With Quote