follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-23-2019, 04:44 PM   #57
CounterSpace Garage
 
CounterSpace Garage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Drives: Subaru BRZ / Toyota 86 Experts
Location: Santa Fe Springs, CA
Posts: 972
Thanks: 340
Thanked 859 Times in 367 Posts
Mentioned: 145 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timurrrr View Post
I believe the right OEM part numbers for BRZ Performance Package brake disks are 26300FE001 for the front and 26700CA000 for the rear.

Source:
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2744390 (keep in mind that the prices have been somewhat reduced since then)

See also
https://www.subarupartsdeal.com/part...6300fe001.html
https://www.subarupartsdeal.com/part...6700ca000.html
for some discounts (Currently: $350/ea front disk, $330/ea rear disk)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toast View Post
Why would anyone go to the dealer for rotors? Pull up the PP package on TireRack and see what size the rotors are and order Centric blanks.
If you need replacements, please let us know. We generally keep the fronts in stock. Generally speaking, you shouldn't be killing the rears and if you are, please lay off the traction control a little bit.
CounterSpace Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 01:37 AM   #58
showrun
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Drives: 2015 FRS
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 26
Thanks: 6
Thanked 9 Times in 3 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm a skeptic by nature.
I don't believe things.
Religions. Astrology. Homeopathy. I believe none of that.

I also didn't believe that a $400 set of pads of unknown origin could be significantly better than something like the sub-$200 XP10.

I was wrong.
The CSG C1 are life-changing.

Today was my first HPDE on them. Stock car except for SX2 tires, pads, fluids and crash bolts.

This is the best braking I've ever experienced on track. It reminded me of the PFC pads I had on my C6. I actually wouldn't be surprised if the CSGs were made by PFC.

It's not just the lack of fade. The XP10s were fine there. It's the control, the modulation, the confidence.

I shaved 2 seconds off of my best time at my home track. And I was more consistent lap after lap than before (to be fair, this is not all thanks to the pads. I also experimented with tire pressures more than usual, and got good results)

I can't comment on how long they will last (yet). But unless they wear out in like 3 days, I am re-ordering.
showrun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to showrun For This Useful Post:
CounterSpace Garage (10-29-2019), FirstWinter (10-28-2019), mixxxx (01-19-2020), wparsons (01-14-2020)
Old 10-29-2019, 02:14 AM   #59
timurrrr
Senior Member
 
timurrrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ with PP
Location: Between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Posts: 217
Thanks: 166
Thanked 67 Times in 53 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I've been trying CSG Spec C1 front + Project Mu Club Racer rear (because C1 rears were out of stock) on my '17 PP BRZ lately, previously I've only tried the stock pads. Other than my BRZ with stock pads, I've previously tracked a few other cars with track pads.

With the CSG C1/PMu CR combo, the brakes feel very consistent and I didn't experience any fade on the track.
The perceived level of friction is so much higher than stock pads that I spent a few laps just re-learning how to trail brake and heel-toe. It also took me a bit to re-learn how to use the brake pedal at AutoX (admittedly, this isn't a pad for autox, see laso below).
Honestly, I'd personally prefer slightly lower level of friction to have a bit more control, but maybe I just need more practice. Perhaps this level of performance makes more sense when using higher-grip tires (I'm on SX2s now).

The pads get really noisy when street driving, but are otherwise safe to get to and from the track so you can do all the pad swaps at home with cold brakes and tires. In fact, I kept them in the car for ~3 weeks between my track days just because I'm lazy to swap them back and forth.

Last edited by timurrrr; 10-30-2019 at 04:59 PM.
timurrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timurrrr For This Useful Post:
CounterSpace Garage (10-29-2019), J1Avs (01-14-2020)
Old 10-29-2019, 03:37 PM   #60
CounterSpace Garage
 
CounterSpace Garage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Drives: Subaru BRZ / Toyota 86 Experts
Location: Santa Fe Springs, CA
Posts: 972
Thanks: 340
Thanked 859 Times in 367 Posts
Mentioned: 145 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by showrun View Post
I'm a skeptic by nature.
I don't believe things.
Religions. Astrology. Homeopathy. I believe none of that.

I also didn't believe that a $400 set of pads of unknown origin could be significantly better than something like the sub-$200 XP10.

I was wrong.
The CSG C1 are life-changing.

Today was my first HPDE on them. Stock car except for SX2 tires, pads, fluids and crash bolts.

This is the best braking I've ever experienced on track. It reminded me of the PFC pads I had on my C6. I actually wouldn't be surprised if the CSGs were made by PFC.

It's not just the lack of fade. The XP10s were fine there. It's the control, the modulation, the confidence.

I shaved 2 seconds off of my best time at my home track. And I was more consistent lap after lap than before (to be fair, this is not all thanks to the pads. I also experimented with tire pressures more than usual, and got good results)

I can't comment on how long they will last (yet). But unless they wear out in like 3 days, I am re-ordering.
Thank you for your honest feedback.


Quote:
Originally Posted by timurrrr View Post
I've been trying CSG Spec C1 front + Project Mu Club Racer rear (because C1 rears were out of stock) on my '17 PP BRZ lately, previously I've only tried the stock pads. Other than my BRZ with stock pads, I've previously tracked a few other cars with track pads.

With the CSG C1/PMu CR combo, the brakes feel very consistent and I didn't experience any fade on the track.
The level of friction is so much higher than stock pads that I spent a few laps just re-learning how to trail brake. It also took me a bit to re-learn how to use the brake pedal at AutoX (admittedly, this isn't a pad for autox, see laso below).
Honestly, I'd personally prefer slightly lower level of friction to have a bit more control, but maybe I just need more practice. Perhaps this level of performance makes more sense when using higher-grip tires (I'm on SX2s now).

The pads get really noisy when street driving, but are otherwise safe to get to and from the track so you can do all the pad swaps at home with cold brakes and tires. In fact, I kept them in the car for ~3 weeks between my track days just because I'm lazy to swap them back and forth.
The CSG C1 pad is actually much lower friction compared to most other sprint pads available on the market. The stiffness of the pad is significantly higher compared to a large majority of brake pads. SX2s require some finesse to work with. All performance pads will make noise on your Brembo system.
CounterSpace Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 03:47 PM   #61
timurrrr
Senior Member
 
timurrrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ with PP
Location: Between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Posts: 217
Thanks: 166
Thanked 67 Times in 53 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Oh maybe it's indeed the stiffness of the pads that makes the control a bit too sensitive.

Yup, totally understandable that noise is unavoidable with any non-street pads with Brembos
timurrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 04:03 PM   #62
CounterSpace Garage
 
CounterSpace Garage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Drives: Subaru BRZ / Toyota 86 Experts
Location: Santa Fe Springs, CA
Posts: 972
Thanks: 340
Thanked 859 Times in 367 Posts
Mentioned: 145 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timurrrr View Post
Oh maybe it's indeed the stiffness of the pads that makes the control a bit too sensitive.

Yup, totally understandable that noise is unavoidable with any non-street pads with Brembos
Just a minor recalibration on what you're used to. OEM pads are not meant to be high performance track pads, which is a common misconception even on high end sports cars. Even proper street legal super cars need a good pad to perform on track despite having a large brake system and dual compound pads.
CounterSpace Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 04:35 PM   #63
J1Avs
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Drives: 2018 BRZ tS
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 373
Thanks: 225
Thanked 207 Times in 112 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm currently running PMU Racing 999's on my 2018 BRZ tS with a JRSC and 200TW tires. Been having excellent results with the 999's, but thinking of moving up to the C1 or C2's this season. I'm solely doing HPDE and Trackcross Events. Would C1 or C2 be the more appropriate transition. From CSG's website, it sounds like C2, but everyone here is having great results with C1's. Curious if my extra power would require the C2's.

Great to hear these generate some less heat than the 999's. They made the white Brembo letters in my front calipers turn salmon/pink-colored! Right of passage I guess to separate me from all those pearly white letters I see running around.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
J1Avs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 04:09 PM   #64
CSG Mike
 
CSG Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: S2000 CR
Location: Orange County
Posts: 12,705
Thanks: 7,867
Thanked 12,330 Times in 5,877 Posts
Mentioned: 867 Post(s)
Tagged: 13 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by J1Avs View Post
I'm currently running PMU Racing 999's on my 2018 BRZ tS with a JRSC and 200TW tires. Been having excellent results with the 999's, but thinking of moving up to the C1 or C2's this season. I'm solely doing HPDE and Trackcross Events. Would C1 or C2 be the more appropriate transition. From CSG's website, it sounds like C2, but everyone here is having great results with C1's. Curious if my extra power would require the C2's.

Great to hear these generate some less heat than the 999's. They made the white Brembo letters in my front calipers turn salmon/pink-colored! Right of passage I guess to separate me from all those pearly white letters I see running around.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
It's more tire dependent than power dependent. If you can handle the 999 on the factory Brembos, you'll be just fine with both the C1 or C2, and may find the extra modulation quite welcome.

Maybe try the C1 first, and then try the C2 when you finish the C1.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
J1Avs (01-15-2020)
Old 01-15-2020, 04:21 PM   #65
J1Avs
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Drives: 2018 BRZ tS
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 373
Thanks: 225
Thanked 207 Times in 112 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
It's more tire dependent than power dependent. If you can handle the 999 on the factory Brembos, you'll be just fine with both the C1 or C2, and may find the extra modulation quite welcome.

Maybe try the C1 first, and then try the C2 when you finish the C1.
Thanks, Mike! I currently run Toyo R1Rís, but may be swapping to RS-4ís - havenít decided yet though. C1 sounds like it should be great. Worth sticking with the PMU brake fluid, or swap to Winmax or RBF660?
J1Avs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 04:23 PM   #66
Jdmjunkie
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Drives: Scion FR-S 10 Series
Location: Reno, Nev.
Posts: 46
Thanks: 32
Thanked 19 Times in 13 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
@CSG Mike

Are you going to get the CP street pads in sizes for the stock calipers?
Jdmjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 07:15 PM   #67
CSG Mike
 
CSG Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: S2000 CR
Location: Orange County
Posts: 12,705
Thanks: 7,867
Thanked 12,330 Times in 5,877 Posts
Mentioned: 867 Post(s)
Tagged: 13 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by J1Avs View Post
Thanks, Mike! I currently run Toyo R1Rís, but may be swapping to RS-4ís - havenít decided yet though. C1 sounds like it should be great. Worth sticking with the PMU brake fluid, or swap to Winmax or RBF660?
Any of the 3 will work!
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
J1Avs (01-15-2020)
Old 01-15-2020, 07:15 PM   #68
CSG Mike
 
CSG Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: S2000 CR
Location: Orange County
Posts: 12,705
Thanks: 7,867
Thanked 12,330 Times in 5,877 Posts
Mentioned: 867 Post(s)
Tagged: 13 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmjunkie View Post
@CSG Mike

Are you going to get the CP street pads in sizes for the stock calipers?
I believe the CP pad is currently A90 exclusive.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 07:53 PM   #69
HachirocksU
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Drives: Friggin Really Sweet
Location: GARDEN GROVE
Posts: 53
Thanks: 30
Thanked 14 Times in 8 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm in an area where temperature dips to mid ~30-40F at night and wondering if C1 will work at the temperature? Thank you!
HachirocksU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 08:25 PM   #70
J1Avs
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Drives: 2018 BRZ tS
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 373
Thanks: 225
Thanked 207 Times in 112 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
Any of the 3 will work!
You rock - thanks, Mike!
J1Avs is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
csg brakes, csg spec

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CSG Brake Thread - Expert Tuner/Motorsport Brake Advice & Experience CounterSpace Garage Brakes, Suspension, Chassis 14 10-23-2019 12:54 PM
D1 Spec Big Brake Kit W/ SS Brake lines Sweet48 Canada Classifieds 1 11-19-2017 04:31 PM
Khumo V710 R Compounds $150 Deep Six Wheels and Tires 0 10-17-2016 07:44 AM
Wtb: 245/45/17 r compounds SterlingBrz Want-To-Buy Requests 2 08-31-2014 12:48 AM
Suggested R compounds and wheels for CS Oldfatguy Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting 36 09-11-2013 11:14 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.