follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 06-05-2012, 10:20 PM   #1
Deslock

Drives: 2013 DZE/01 (sold for MX5 ND1)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Another BRZ Purchased

Intro
I just bought a WRB BRZ Limited 6MT (only accessory: rear bumper applique). I pick it up on Thursday morning.
Details
It's been a long time coming. I've followed development of this car since 2009 (just before they showed the concept) and I've been on this site from the beginning (member #22). I put down my refundable deposit for a BRZ last September and the dealership placed the order on Mar 1 at 9:00 AM, but I ended up in the 2nd allocation (there's a certain randomness to it, plus my dealer is one of the smaller ones).

Late this afternoon, I got the call that my car was being unloaded from the truck. Two hours later, I was at the dealership for the test drive (mostly a formality since I drove an FRS last week).

The car still had all the wrapping on it; they hadn't even driven it to the gas station yet, so we did that on my test drive. I myself pulled the wrap off one of the wheels (we left everything on the car for the drive), and I also pumped 93 into it at the station.

On a side note, because I put the deposit down so early, I actually paid a lower dealer conveyance fee (they raised it since last September, but my bill of sale has the old amount, which was honored). The difference was quadruple the interest I lost from handing over $500 for almost 9 months
FRS vs BRZ Limited Test Drives
  • WRB = awesome on the BRZ.
  • The interior of the BRZ Limited is *significantly* nicer quality.
  • I personally prefer the BRZ's plastic "aluminum-esque" to the FRS' plastic "carbon fiber-esque" trim.
  • I really like the operation of the push start and keyless entry.
  • The clutch in the BRZ had a decent amount of resistance (not as much as most cars, but a lot more than the FRS I drove). Not sure why there's a variance, but the FRS felt too limp while the BRZ was fine. This was an unexpected bonus.
Plans
  • Debadge "Subaru" and "BRZ" from the trunk
  • Subwoofer (either OEM when they become available in a few months, or aftermarket if something else better comes along by then)
  • Cargo area carpet cover
  • Bike rack (either roof or class 1 trailer hitch)
Thank Yous
I want to thank the site admin, mods, and the community here at ft86club for maintaining this site and posting so much valuable information. It's been a tremendous resource while researching the car.

Also, if anyone in western MA is considering a BRZ, I recommend checking out Steve Lewis in Hadley, MA. My salesman (David Hanks) emailed me regularly to let me know the status of the order, and has been pleasant to deal with.

Now bring on the cruises!
Deslock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Deslock For This Useful Post:
8987846 (06-06-2012), Dimman (06-08-2012), dookie11 (06-06-2012), Fly Guy (06-08-2012), KevinDuMa (06-06-2012), Lighting Red (06-05-2012), Spaceywilly (06-07-2012), Tbxgz (06-08-2012), Zaku (06-05-2012)
Old 06-05-2012, 10:23 PM   #2
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Congrats. Can't wait to get mine with rear diffuser and Homelink mirror.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:25 PM   #3
ngabdala
Vortech Supercharged

Drives: WRB BRZ 6MT LTD
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Nice. Hope you bought it from Todd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deslock View Post
Intro
I just bought a WRB BRZ Limited 6MT (only accessory: rear bumper applique). I pick it up on Thursday morning.
Details
It's been a long time coming. I've followed development of this car since 2009 (just before they showed the concept) and I've been on this site from the beginning (member #22). I put down my refundable deposit for a BRZ last September and the dealership placed the order on Mar 1 at 9:00 AM, but I ended up in the 2nd allocation (there's a certain randomness to it, plus my dealer is one of the smaller ones).

Late this afternoon, I got the call that my car was being unloaded from the truck. Two hours later, I was at the dealership for the test drive (mostly a formality since I drove an FRS last week).

The car still had all the wrapping on it; they hadn't even driven it to the gas station yet, so we did that on my test drive. I myself pulled the wrap off one of the wheels (we left everything on the car for the drive), and I also pumped 93 into it at the station.

On a side note, because I put the deposit down so early, I actually paid a lower dealer conveyance fee (they raised it since last September, but my bill of sale has the old amount, which was honored). The difference was quadruple the interest I lost from handing over $500 for almost 9 months
FRS vs BRZ Limited Test Drives
  • WRB = awesome on the BRZ.
  • The interior of the BRZ Limited is *significantly* nicer quality.
  • I personally prefer the BRZ's plastic "aluminum-esque" to the FRS' plastic "carbon fiber-esque" trim.
  • I really like the operation of the push start and keyless entry.
  • The clutch in the BRZ had a decent amount of resistance (not as much as most cars, but a lot more than the FRS I drove). Not sure why there's a variance, but the FRS felt too limp while the BRZ was fine. This was an unexpected bonus.
Plans
  • Debadge "Subaru" and "BRZ" from the trunk
  • Subwoofer (either OEM when they become available in a few months, or aftermarket if something else better comes along by then)
  • Cargo area carpet cover
  • Bike rack (either roof or class 1 trailer hitch)
Thank Yous
I want to thank the site admin, mods, and the community here at ft86club for maintaining this site and posting so much valuable information. It's been a tremendous resource while researching the car.

Also, if anyone in western MA is considering a BRZ, I recommend checking out Steve Lewis in Hadley, MA. My salesman (David Hanks) emailed me regularly to let me know the status of the order, and has been pleasant to deal with.

Now bring on the cruises!