follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs)

Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) Wash, Wax, Details, Repairs

User Tag List

Old 05-20-2013, 02:04 PM   #1
tintumz22

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Toyota 86
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Venture Shield vs Xpel Clear bra?

What do you guys think? Pros and Cons of the two? Comparison? Suggestion? trying to decide. anybody had any experience of the products? Enlighten me of your experience and how it's holding up? Warranty? Thanks!
tintumz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:58 PM   #2
Fletch124

Drives: Evo
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Ventureshield is an old product. Basically it was the shit 3 years ago, im more impressed you found someone who still installs venture shield. Since then Xpel has done a great job at perfecting their film Ventureshield will turn yellow in months, bug stains are not removable, not self healing. Xpel is self healing, higher gloss, easier to clean/maintain, more transparent, very clear minimal orange peel.

Basically stay away from 3m clearbra products(3m, scotchgard, venture shield). Another film to look into would be Suntek; Suntek and Xpel are basically the same thing. Rumor has it they're manufactured by the same person. Id also recommend Avery Nano but finding someone that installs it is very difficult.

Youtube xpel self healing, you will be sold. ahah
Fletch124 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fletch124 For This Useful Post:
tintumz22 (05-28-2013)
Old 05-28-2013, 01:54 AM   #3
asia_minor
Superleggera

Drives: 2016 Mazda MX-5
Xpel.

self healing, the warranty, and excellent customer service.
asia_minor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to asia_minor For This Useful Post:
tintumz22 (05-28-2013)
Old 05-28-2013, 02:25 AM   #4
Pacific Auto
Master Installer

Drives: Scion FRS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Both great films and both self heal to a degree.

All films will yellow in time. Only noticeable on white cars.
Pacific Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pacific Auto For This Useful Post:
tintumz22 (05-28-2013)
Old 05-28-2013, 06:43 AM   #5
Gunman

Drives: 2019 Mazda Miata RF
Thanked 1,317 Times in 736 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
I had Venture Shield installed soon after I got my car. The shop that did it, does all of our race cars too, so they gave me a good deal, and I know they took care of my car...I left it with them, when I was out of town, so they could do the paint protection film, and window tint.

Over the weekend I caught a chunk of tire on the freeway, and the film cleaned up very well, just a slight mar. I'm hoping a day or two in the hot sun will help that heal up.
Gunman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gunman For This Useful Post:
tintumz22 (05-28-2013)
Old 05-28-2013, 10:36 AM   #6
spitfire481

Drives: 2JZ FRS
Thanked 1,354 Times in 621 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
i have both films actually. xpel on my frs (3 months), ventureshield on my gti (3 years). the ventureshield is still 100% perfect. no marks, no stains, no discoloration (the car is copper/brown so discoloration probably wouldn't be very noticeable anyway). I have not had the xpel on the frs long enough to review. if its as good as the ventureshield ill be happy
spitfire481 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to spitfire481 For This Useful Post:
tintumz22 (05-28-2013)
Old 05-28-2013, 12:00 PM   #7
chenshuo

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
I was told by the shop that installed my Ventureshield, that the time it takes for the film to yellow depends on how well you maintain it. Just as @Pacific_Auto_Films said, Ventureshield also heals, to a certain degree, and they will all yellow, but you can drastically slow down the yellowing by washing it often and apply wax on it to protect it. I never used Xpel so i can't speak to that, but I have Ventureshield installed for almost 4 months now and it didn't change in color a single bit.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:31 PM   #8
Onealpha

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I installed Suntek a month ago. I have only 1500 miles on the car and have already removed two rock marks and one fender swipe that would have all left paint damage to an unprotected car. I was able to buff out the black marks and the scuff marks with Maquires Cleaner Wax. Amazing stuff really that has already paid for itself. Highly recommended. I wish I could afford to wrap the whole car in this stuff.
Onealpha is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Onealpha For This Useful Post:
tintumz22 (05-28-2013)
Old 05-28-2013, 02:10 PM   #9
schlomo

Drives: mazda3, 370z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch124 View Post
Ventureshield is an old product. Basically it was the shit 3 years ago, im more impressed you found someone who still installs venture shield. Since then Xpel has done a great job at perfecting their film Ventureshield will turn yellow in months, bug stains are not removable, not self healing. Xpel is self healing, higher gloss, easier to clean/maintain, more transparent, very clear minimal orange peel.

Basically stay away from 3m clearbra products(3m, scotchgard, venture shield). Another film to look into would be Suntek; Suntek and Xpel are basically the same thing. Rumor has it they're manufactured by the same person. Id also recommend Avery Nano but finding someone that installs it is very difficult.

Youtube xpel self healing, you will be sold. ahah
With one post I'm hoping you don't work for Xpel lol. I've had Ventureshield on my DD for 3 years now. No yellowing and it heals just like the rest. The gloss looks exactly like well-polished clear coat. The only orange peel I see is what was already there from the paint surface beneath.

It's even installed on the headlights where you would definitely see yellowing, but everything is crystal clear. The car sits outside 100% of the time.

I'm sure Xpel is an awesome product too. I'm just trying to give everyone a clear picture. There's too much misinformation on car forums
schlomo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to schlomo For This Useful Post:
tintumz22 (05-28-2013)
Old 05-29-2013, 11:50 AM   #10
TexasGearHead

Drives: E46 M3
XPEL

That other guy doesn't work for XPEL. But I do. The biggest difference between the films is the clear coat and durability. Give us a call at 210-678-3700 if you would like to learn the differences so we don't spam up the thread.
TexasGearHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:19 PM   #11
picus

Drives: FJ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by schlomo View Post
With one post I'm hoping you don't work for Xpel lol. I've had Ventureshield on my DD for 3 years now. No yellowing and it heals just like the rest. The gloss looks exactly like well-polished clear coat. The only orange peel I see is what was already there from the paint surface beneath.

It's even installed on the headlights where you would definitely see yellowing, but everything is crystal clear. The car sits outside 100% of the time.

I'm sure Xpel is an awesome product too. I'm just trying to give everyone a clear picture. There's too much misinformation on car forums
Agreed - way too much misinformation. Xpel and Venture Ultra are both good products. Venture gets a bad rep because Xpel is the new hotness; they are actually very similar. Xpel is slightly better at self healing, venture is slightly more clear - neither will yellow if properly maintained.
picus is offline   Reply With Quote