follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 07:18 PM   #71
radroach

Drives: car
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stock View Post
HID, Some LED or any other type of newer headlights.
Yes, they allow the DRIVER OF THAT CAR to see better, but the color temp is sometimes painful, literally for some folks' eyes, (as well makes it difficult for oncoming traffic to see)
This on Acura MDX. The Jewel Eye headlights are ANNOYING! 10 light sources, super bright and shine multiple points of blue light right at my rearviews. Acura actually thinks this is helpful when it annoys the shit out of every other driver on the road. Check this out:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR0EWPIBbTk"]Acura - Jewel Eye™ LED Headlights - YouTube[/ame]

Relevant thread on miata forums: http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=522009

Last edited by radroach; 05-03-2014 at 07:28 PM.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:48 PM   #72
Blu-by-U
Some Dumb Guy

Drives: wanting an Acabian
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Who ever said that you can't? Where as mine is still a stock DD. I would like a little extra oompf. I go up to BIR once a year to get the wild hair out. This is a great platform, whether you just want to drive or race. I purchased the OFT and have yet to flash my car, but no one is telling me that I have to flash my car. Yes, they ask why I haven't, but I'm still debating, nuff said. In short, do as you wish with your car and be happy that there is this forum that makes lots of information available for your use. Whether you use the information or not, that's up to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFRZ View Post
My biggest "beef" is with this forum. The forum is very narrow minded. You buy can frs/brz? you must automatically track it, drift it, do HDPE, etc. If you didn't do any of those, you're wasting a sports car.

Some people use the cars as daily drivers and as grocery getters. For others, just simply a means to get from Point A to Point B.

Now everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Why can't others just build THEIR cars how THEY want? Sure, i may not like the "stance" movement either, but is it my car? No.

To Each Their Own.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:02 PM   #73
dobbrz

Drives: RB v1 FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
lol this is just a big circle jerk of popular opinions of people on this thread. It in itself is a hate group in a way. food for thought? I only read the first and last page of the thread but I can see a pattern. Everyone just agreed with the popular opinion and anything that isn't that gets thrown to the side. its kind of funny to see the hypocrisy. Imagine what they say about us on the truck forums, or on the VW forums or civic forums etc...Its just different...and in many cases, car choices and modifications are done to either fit in or to attempt to build self esteem. Everyone goes through stages. I know a lot of us look back on the clothes/styles we had in highschool and ask ourselves wtf were we thinking...same idea...kinda? Yes, of course I laugh when I see idiots in riced out civics or the classic goofs in huge lifted trucks..but its their style, they are still people going through phases in their life. And their group of friends thinks that their own particular style is better than ours. Just like we think ours is better than theirs.

Also, heres a random gif of a kid really stoked about something!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dobbrz For This Useful Post:
Jyn (05-03-2014), murselyfe (05-04-2014)
Old 05-03-2014, 08:03 PM   #74
Blu-by-U
Some Dumb Guy

Better make that "Scion FR-S", so that it is long enough to get across the windsheild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagaliscious View Post
Anyone know where I can get a "SCION" windshield sticker in cursive?
Old 05-03-2014, 08:05 PM   #75
TJ3000

Drives: MT Raven Black FRS
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Oh god don't even get me started... Too late I read everyone's post

-I cannot stand it when someone puts 28" rims on a Cadillac or Cutlass only to lift it and reduce its gas mileage and power

- When people put rear spoilers on pick up trucks to ruin its utility

- Trucks that are dumped to sh*t lowered and they cut the bed off the bed to make space for the rear wheels

- When you put your last name in cursive to let people know your last name is San De Ya Go

- Murdered out everything, everything must be black

- When I release my clutch too fast on accident, at a stop light, then when it turns green the ricer next to me thinks I'm trying to race him

- Pictures of your Truck or FR-S/BRZ painted on your car driving to see Jesus on top of a mountain

- Dragon vinyls oh god or flames on the front

- Those stupid toys hanging on the tow hook (it means your willing to race)

- When your blasting your music and your trunk is rattling close your windows no one wants to know how you like f*cking with gangsters and strippers

- Rusted hoods on purpose the clear coated WTF!?

And My favorite, the backseat driver who sits shotgun and thinks his friends car is the shit so they hangout the window and act all cool like it's their car.
The Following User Says Thank You to TJ3000 For This Useful Post:
airjonny (05-03-2014)
Old 05-03-2014, 08:07 PM   #76
MaddBaggins

Drives: Big guy in a little car...
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Mao View Post
I do not understand the stance movement either.
I prefer form and function don't get me wrong I am still into a flashy sports car but those parts are supposed to compliment the car's overall looks while actually helping the car to perform better.

oh about the hanging lil dolls on rear bumper thats originally from japan its called a drift charm but honda kids just try to "jdm" everything even if its ghetto and or serves no purpose. the charms were used as a good luck/cute thing for the japanese it doesnt actually serve anything but cultural reference but it was never ment for fwd or awd cars thats the misconception.

the cambered out look in the rear also came from japan but it was used by yakuza as a way to symbolize authority and show the locals that this "car" is mafia owned as you are all aware its brought onto the rest of the world as a appearance statement thats pointless.

jdm itself actually means something more but everybody that isnt japanese kind of destroys its origins

JDM in the Landcruiser world is usually some cool parts you can't normally find here. Not necessarily better, but unique. IIRC, JDM is Japan Domestic Market. Just cool parts not available in NA.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:12 PM   #77
m.box.design

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FRS
Thanked 1,662 Times in 933 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
If I was 14 in this day in age, I'd probably be into a lot of these trends as well. I'm sure a lot of you would too. :P
Old 05-03-2014, 08:14 PM   #78
Tromatic
Banned

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 1,728 Times in 786 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezoris View Post
Oh god not even gonna bite on this one.
Honestly, I think you dumped your "bite" regarding anything to do with this car in your "Nerf" post.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:15 PM   #79
Blu-by-U
Some Dumb Guy

I think that this thread, which is just about your ranting, should be deleted. If you have a serious complaint, PM the moderators of this forum. If you just want to rant and not contribute intelligence, talk to the wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosoku View Post
I use this forum for many things - including bitching at my old age. I'm entitled to do so.

It is their money and they can do with it as they please. I think it doesn't make much sense and I'm voicing my opinion about it. Nothing more.

I'm not attacking anyone.
PEWPEW (05-04-2014)
Old 05-03-2014, 08:20 PM   #80
MaddBaggins

Drives: Big guy in a little car...
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesign View Post
If I was 14 in this day in age, I'd probably be into a lot of these trends as well. I'm sure a lot of you would too. :P

You're probably right. I bought this car to enjoy it as is. I'm over mods at my age. I certainly do appreciate a well done car though.
The Following User Says Thank You to MaddBaggins For This Useful Post:
kosoku (05-04-2014)
Old 05-03-2014, 08:20 PM   #81
m.box.design

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FRS
Thanked 1,662 Times in 933 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdv14476 View Post
I think that this thread, which is just about your ranting, should be deleted. If you have a serious complaint, PM the moderators of this forum. If you just want to rant and not contribute intelligence, talk to the wall.
But, but.. we must polarize our differences to justify our stance and purpose in life!
Old 05-03-2014, 08:29 PM   #82
Tromatic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdv14476 View Post
Free speech like a mofo, eh? Bet I know who you voted for.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tromatic For This Useful Post:
kosoku (05-04-2014)
Old 05-03-2014, 08:30 PM   #83
jebuwh
Village Idiot

Drives: '13 FR-S Ultramarine Manual
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
I like this thread. I like opinions. And arguments. Mostly arguments.
The Following User Says Thank You to jebuwh For This Useful Post:
kosoku (05-04-2014)
Old 05-03-2014, 08:34 PM   #84
Tromatic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebuwh View Post
I like this thread. I like opinions. And arguments. Mostly arguments.
Are you not entertained? Is that not why you are here?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tromatic For This Useful Post:
Andrew025 (05-03-2014), Xinshadow (05-03-2014)

Closed Thread

Tags
d-bags hatin' on d-bags