follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 09-20-2018, 04:27 PM   #1
Nottcute

Drives: 2014 Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help! Boormerang and taillight aren’t working

Ok, so on the free way, I ran over a pot hole and then my side marker, and driver side lining flew off. When I got home I noticed that my day time running lights aren’t working. I check all the fuses and changed them out. I also connected my boomerang lights to my fuse box , to allow them to turn on once my car is started. But now my taillights don’t work. But when I press the brakes they turn on. But other than that , they’re not on unless you press the brakes.
Nottcute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 04:38 PM   #2
N1rve

Drives: 2019 BMW ///M4
Thanked 1,167 Times in 714 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nottcute View Post
Ok, so on the free way, I ran over a pot hole and then my side marker, and driver side lining flew off. When I got home I noticed that my day time running lights aren’t working. I check all the fuses and changed them out. I also connected my boomerang lights to my fuse box , to allow them to turn on once my car is started. But now my taillights don’t work. But when I press the brakes they turn on. But other than that , they’re not on unless you press the brakes.
Do your license plate lights work? Those are on the same circuit as your brake lights.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
N1rve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 04:41 PM   #3
Nottcute

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
Do your license plate lights work? Those are on the same circuit as your brake lights.
No they don’t work
Old 09-20-2018, 05:45 PM   #4
N1rve

Quote:
No they don’t work
Double check the fuse #4 on the interior panel. If it's not blown, check the wiring for the side markers. Check for any damage in wiring.

I'm not sure which relay the boomer rang light itself is on, I've always thought that was part of the headlight circuit. Headlight is fuse #39 and #40 under the hood.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Old 09-20-2018, 05:54 PM   #5
Nottcute

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
Double check the fuse #4 on the interior panel. If it's not blown, check the wiring for the side markers. Check for any damage in wiring.

I'm not sure which relay the boomer rang light itself is on, I've always thought that was part of the headlight circuit. Headlight is fuse #39 and #40 under the hood.
The signal mark wire is completely damaged, it’s just two espoused wires (black &red) I put electrical tape over them. But it’s still not working
Old 09-20-2018, 07:23 PM   #6
N1rve

Quote:
The signal mark wire is completely damaged, it’s just two espoused wires (black &red) I put electrical tape over them. But it’s still not working
You might need to splice or solder new wire into there. The wire might be too damaged to get a signal passed through.

Old 09-21-2018, 02:37 PM   #7
Nottcute

problem solved, my fuse under my hood near the driver side entry wall there is a jumbo 15amp that was blown, changed that out and everything worked properly!!!