follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

AUSTRALIA Australia and New Zealand

User Tag List

Old 01-10-2017, 04:41 AM   #1
Smossy

Drives: Subaru BRZ MY17
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Picked up the new girl today!!!

Hey guys,

I picked up my new pride and joy today - very excited!

Subaru BRZ MY17 - Premium WR Blue

[/IMG]

Ive just joined the forum so looking forward to some day cruises with other twin owners

Cheers
Smossy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Smossy For This Useful Post:
Boomerang (01-10-2017), BWilky (01-17-2017), Calais (02-02-2017), guybo (01-10-2017), JD001 (01-11-2017), toijin (01-19-2017)
Old 01-10-2017, 10:47 PM   #2
ZZT86

Drives: BR86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Very nice, congrats, love the colour.
ZZT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 01:49 AM   #3
Bodalenko
Steve Bodalenko

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Congrats on your purchase. Is prob my fav colour just a pity Toyota don't sell it.
Buying a BRZ online only and being unable to negotiate a deal when buying was a deal breaker for me. What's the situation like now with buying one? Are the dealers prepared to move on pricing or is it still a rock solid price?
What's the wait for one.
Bodalenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 08:13 AM   #4
BWilky

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ WRB
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Welcome!

BWilky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:24 PM   #5
Smossy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodalenko View Post
Congrats on your purchase. Is prob my fav colour just a pity Toyota don't sell it.
Buying a BRZ online only and being unable to negotiate a deal when buying was a deal breaker for me. What's the situation like now with buying one? Are the dealers prepared to move on pricing or is it still a rock solid price?
What's the wait for one.
Thanks mate! Yeah I was always set on getting Toyota over Subaru but I went to the Subaru dealer last month and looked at a used 2016 BRZ in the WR Blue and I just fell in love with the colour.
I was lucky when I purchased mine - they had a new 2017 model in WR Blue and manual (one of the first in Aus) on a ship in Port Kembla. I paid my deposit early Dec 16 and they said i could pick it up after a week but like most cases it kept getting delayed until early Jan when i finally got her. Price wise they are pretty stiff... I managed to get mine for $36, 888 but added paint protection, dark tint, sensors (no hate haha I only read AFTER i signed that its much cheaper to get paint protection and tint completed elsewhere) and it brought my total to $41,888.
The only thing I got for free was car mats.... haha. So not the best experience but well worth it once you get it.
I think the wait times now are a few months - I heard them say March they will be getting more delivered but most are already sold before they get off the ship haha.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:13 AM   #6
Bodalenko
Steve Bodalenko

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Wow $5k worth of extras or does that include on road costs? Yeah plenty get touched up with 'dealer' extras. My salesman wheeled in the 45yr old dolly bird in the very short mini skirt and stilettos to give me the hour long presentation for window tinting, paint protection, dent repair, extended warranty, etc, etc. Had to tell her 10 mins in that I really wasn't interested and she was just wasting her time and mine and that I'd already organised paint coating myself at a 1/4 of what she wanted, and wasn't interested in what she was offering. Did not go down well!! Don't know if it was me stopping her mid sales spiel that hurt her or that she wasn't going to get any commission off me.
Bodalenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 07:55 PM   #7
Smossy

Yeah that included the on road costs as well. Hahaha funny you say that - after I had signed the initial paperwork for the car I was handed over to the younger sales woman who told me about the quartz paint protection, showed me how good the cars look with the dark tint, explained i could get free parking sensors if I purchased the tint and paint protection etc... I must have got sucked in. Im a bit annoyed though - the sensors were not installed when I picked up the car and said they will contact me to arrange a time to install - but still waiting...
Old 01-19-2017, 09:35 PM   #8
toijin

Drives: 2017 86 GTS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Congrats! I'm picking mine up in March, bit of a wait , put the deposit down on NYE.

I also had the same spiel from a lady in stilettos and short skirt about paint protection, tinting and what not but i told her i wasn't interested, they wanted $2500 for paint protection + tinting + leather protection or $980 for tinting...got a quote from tint-a-car for the same tinting for $170.

I'd hound them about the parking sensors, so they don't 'forget' to install it, considering how much you paid them for it.
toijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 10:02 PM   #9
Smossy

Quote:
Originally Posted by toijin View Post
Congrats! I'm picking mine up in March, bit of a wait , put the deposit down on NYE.

I also had the same spiel from a lady in stilettos and short skirt about paint protection, tinting and what not but i told her i wasn't interested, they wanted $2500 for paint protection + tinting + leather protection or $980 for tinting...got a quote from tint-a-car for the same tinting for $170.

I'd hound them about the parking sensors, so they don't 'forget' to install it, considering how much you paid them for it.

Awesome man! what colour you go for? Yeah it is a fair bit of a wait but well worth it.
Also would you know why Subaru arnt offering the option to add on the new aluminum rear wing spoiler that the Toyota 86's are coming out with? The American Subaru site even has the wing on their standard model...
Yeah it is a big rip getting those additions done at the dealer - I just wasn't aware at the time I signed as this was my first new car purchase.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:06 PM   #10
fuddbutter
Potato Farmer

Drives: #SLOBRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodalenko View Post
Wow $5k worth of extras or does that include on road costs? Yeah plenty get touched up with 'dealer' extras. My salesman wheeled in the 45yr old dolly bird in the very short mini skirt and stilettos to give me the hour long presentation for window tinting, paint protection, dent repair, extended warranty, etc, etc. Had to tell her 10 mins in that I really wasn't interested and she was just wasting her time and mine and that I'd already organised paint coating myself at a 1/4 of what she wanted, and wasn't interested in what she was offering. Did not go down well!! Don't know if it was me stopping her mid sales spiel that hurt her or that she wasn't going to get any commission off me.
They didn't try to sell me anything with mine, i had to order mats from them!
Might have been since mine was the second one they had delivered so they probably hadn't had time to work out how much profit they could make yet
Old 01-19-2017, 10:24 PM   #11
toijin

Drives: 2017 86 GTS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smossy View Post
Awesome man! what colour you go for? Yeah it is a fair bit of a wait but well worth it.
Also would you know why Subaru arnt offering the option to add on the new aluminum rear wing spoiler that the Toyota 86's are coming out with? The American Subaru site even has the wing on their standard model...
Yeah it is a big rip getting those additions done at the dealer - I just wasn't aware at the time I signed as this was my first new car purchase.
Went with a Dark Grey GTS, they had a GT and i liked the colour enough to order it in GTS Close to your price drive away ($41,500)

Subaru seems to only have the rear lip spoiler, doesn't look nearly as good as the wing on the 86, might have to go aftermarket here. Maybe Subaru Au trying to 'distinguish' themselves or something.
toijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 10:36 PM   #12
Smossy

Quote:
Originally Posted by toijin View Post
Went with a Dark Grey GTS, they had a GT and i liked the colour enough to order it in GTS Close to your price drive away ($41,500)

Subaru seems to only have the rear lip spoiler, doesn't look nearly as good as the wing on the 86, might have to go aftermarket here. Maybe Subaru Au trying to 'distinguish' themselves or something.
Yeah I wasn't a big fan of the little black lip spoiler they did offer as an extra ... I will ask Toyota if its possible to buy the rear wing unpainted and then get it painted and fitted somewhere.

The dark grey colour is great! If I went 86 I would have got grey or white.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:40 PM   #13
Smossy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuddbutter View Post
They didn't try to sell me anything with mine, i had to order mats from them!
Might have been since mine was the second one they had delivered so they probably hadn't had time to work out how much profit they could make yet
Oh wow haha how much did the mat set cost you? $185? They do look quite good with the BRZ logo on them.
I need to get a boot mat to cover the spare wheel - although it is handy putting things inside the wheel and its not sliding around the back.
Old 01-23-2017, 07:07 PM   #14
fuddbutter
Potato Farmer

Drives: #SLOBRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smossy View Post
Oh wow haha how much did the mat set cost you? $185? They do look quite good with the BRZ logo on them.
I need to get a boot mat to cover the spare wheel - although it is handy putting things inside the wheel and its not sliding around the back.

I can't remember how much the mats were anymore was so long ago.

I had the boot mat, was a POS for how expensive it was.
ended up ripping it out and haven't used it, not even sure what I did with it.
Also had the Toyota rubber one, which was kinda handy.
but I like using the spare wheel for storage!

Tags
brz