follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

AUSTRALIA Australia and New Zealand

User Tag List

Old 02-17-2017, 11:53 PM   #1
Esseff

Drives: 2017 BRZ Ltd White
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My New 2017 BRZ (White on White)

Couple of weeks old.
I knew before I picked it up, that I wanted white wheels on it, so it didn't take me long.

Esseff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Esseff For This Useful Post:
Boomerang (02-18-2017)
Old 02-18-2017, 12:12 AM   #2
Boomerang

Drives: 2015 Toyota GT86 MT UEL E85 RSR CWP
Thanked 4,850 Times in 2,166 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Looks great!!

That pic must be down at Cottesloe
Boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 01:52 AM   #3
Esseff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang View Post
Looks great!!

That pic must be down at Cottesloe
Haha... yep.
Old 02-18-2017, 01:54 AM   #4
Esseff

My New BRZ
I was initially looking at second hand 86's and not the BRZ, as I wanted the extras that came with the 86 GTS, but I eventually decided to go for a new 2017 model instead of second hand one. That's when I changed my mind to the BRZ because I hated the new front end on the 86, and the new BRZ looked awesome - reminds me of a Porsche rather than a toothy fish.
The only issue I had with the BRZ was the silly spare wheel that intruded into the rear boot space. Anyway I solved that by getting the salesman to throw in a spacesaver spare, on top of a great price and window tinting. I was sold!
I did the typical research before hand and read all the 86/BRZ forums which made me realize how popular modding these cars is, and discovered all the after market stuff that's available. After some initial excitement I calmed down and remembered the modding days of my youth. That's when I vowed I wouldn't get caught up in it all - just some nice wheels and that's it.
So the only other mods I've done are little things to tweak it the way that suits me, i.e. mud flaps (cause they go nicely with the rally car style wheels), boot mat to cover the spacesaver spare (the BRZ has a big round hole cut in it to allow for the full size wheel to poke up into the boot!), glovebox light (just a small motion sensing light stuck in there), OE armrest, etc.
But there was one annoyance that I just had to do something about. It was the stupid height difference between the brake and accelerator pedals (auto model). It was actually uncomfortable to bend my ankle so far back to get it from the accelerator onto the brake. I really don't understand Subaru's logic with that layout? So, I adjusted the brake to reduce the 30mm difference down to 10mm and it is soooooo much better now.