follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 08-25-2015, 09:54 AM   #71
tiz22

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S (Raven) MT
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by S84kam View Post
I wired the 1st switch for my front number camera. And the other 4 or in used for now. Also the led's are functioning as well, I cut the circuit board in half for the switches and led.
More info? Video?

I'm not finding anyone that's willing to both a. source the connectors and b. wire it up

So if no one else can find anyone to build this harness something like your solution may be the best compromise in the interim
tiz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tiz22 For This Useful Post:
Cessblood (08-25-2015)
Old 08-27-2015, 03:22 PM   #72
S84kam

Drives: FBRZS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Im not very proud I should be doing a DIY. it's not that it doesn't work. It's just a normal manual FRS hvac cut up and placed in the brz hvac panel. And for switches. They're just SPST switches. Sorry I did not take any photos. Something like this you just need to use your imagination. And a very good dremel

What I did, I cut the circuit board in half. So if you do this. Be prepared you can't go back. I did it so I could use the switch/led/button layout.
S84kam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 02:51 PM   #73
Cessblood
Boost equals pleasure

Drives: MT Raven FRS Lexus ES300 &Turbo tc
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanguy View Post
it doesn't look any different from the brz... it looks and acts almost exactly like it except for what i've mentioned. so not sure how useful a video would be to you, but i can make one if you want??
Any updates on the pictures and video?
Old 09-02-2015, 01:46 PM   #74
tiz22

It's depressing how much info we have in this but no one to build the harness...
Old 09-02-2015, 02:03 PM   #75
DustinS

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S
Thanked 1,414 Times in 804 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiz22 View Post
It's depressing how much info we have in this but no one to build the harness...
It's not quite that easy. Sourcing connectors seemed to be the original person main problem. When He did find them, He had to order them in bulk. Just to try it, someone is going to have to fork over a lot of time sourcing connectors and money buying connectors that may not be used after.
Old 09-02-2015, 02:09 PM   #76
tiz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinS View Post
It's not quite that easy. Sourcing connectors seemed to be the original person main problem. When He did find them, He had to order them in bulk. Just to try it, someone is going to have to fork over a lot of time sourcing connectors and money buying connectors that may not be used after.
Yeah I know that... but I'm not seeing anyone saying "if you get me the connectors I'll build it"

I'd be willing to front some of the $$ to further development but not without some support
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tiz22 For This Useful Post:
Cessblood (09-04-2015), DustinS (09-02-2015)
Old 09-09-2015, 01:39 AM   #77
dezmoondo

Drives: Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I think the connectors are relatively easy to get a hold of. The terminal pins are the hardest part to get in small quantities since they usually comes in a row of 1000s.
dezmoondo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dezmoondo For This Useful Post:
DustinS (02-03-2016)
Old 09-15-2015, 06:35 AM   #78
Workshop12

Drives: 2002 Widebody WRX
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Hi Everyone

I thought you might be interested in the solution that we're working on where we make converting the FRS over to automatic climate control possible.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91716

Our thread covers our progress as we work our way towards making the product available for purchase. We're working hard to bring it to market as quickly as possible.

We provide a center dashboard replacement product called Brainiac that brings a lot of great features and we're actually 3D laser scanning the FRS dashboard this morning to design our plastics for the 10.1" touch screen.

Our system will come complete with a wiring harness for the FRS so all you should have to do is retrofit the servos and transistor.

Climate control is just one of the aspects that Brainac supports. Here's a photo of what Brainiac looks like installed in a 05-07 Subaru WRX/STI.

Workshop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Workshop12 For This Useful Post:
brandonblt2 (09-15-2015), Cessblood (09-15-2015), Dadhawk (09-15-2015), S84kam (09-15-2015), tiz22 (09-15-2015)
Old 09-15-2015, 07:28 AM   #79
Cessblood
Boost equals pleasure

Cool. I will buy something like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workshop12 View Post
Hi Everyone

I thought you might be interested in the solution that we're working on where we make converting the FRS over to automatic climate control possible.

Our thread covers our progress as we work our way towards making the product available for purchase. We're working hard to bring it to market as quickly as possible.

We provide a center dashboard replacement product called Brainiac that brings a lot of great features and we're actually 3D laser scanning the FRS dashboard this morning to design our plastics for the 10.1" touch screen.

Our system will come complete with a wiring harness for the FRS so all you should have to do is retrofit the servos and transistor.

Climate control is just one of the aspects that Brainac supports. Here's a photo of what Brainiac looks like installed in a 05-07 Subaru WRX/STI.

Old 09-15-2015, 09:38 AM   #80
tiz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workshop12 View Post
Hi Everyone

I saw this system first-hand @ my work during a showcase event and can say my first impression is very good...Clean UI that seemed easy to use while driving and well thought out. Endless features that can be expanded and customized to your liking. Definitely looks to be a promising upgrade
The Following User Says Thank You to tiz22 For This Useful Post:
Workshop12 (09-15-2015)
Old 09-25-2015, 08:04 PM   #81
Train

Drives: 2016 Halo FR-S AT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
So glad I did a search in this forum just in case i couldnt afford BRZ Sport-Tech (Canadian version of Limited) and had to change the HVAC control myself. Seeing this thread gives me ton of hope. Really praying that someone will make the harness again....tbh I haven't even picked up my car yet, but I have a hunch that Im gonna want that BRZ HVAC control sooner than later.
Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 09:58 PM   #82
Cessblood
Boost equals pleasure

Bump.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:48 PM   #83
DustinS

Looking at ~$70 for Connectors (not including pins). $550 for the Crimper for the AG5 connections. ~$20 for Bulk Quality Wiring. ~$150 for HVAC Panel depending on where you get it. ~$240 for the Servos and such needed.

I have the Panel Coming. Looking for a more economical way to crimp the pins before I buy the connectors. I also need to find all the correct pins for the Toyota Connectors. I might see if I can grab them from cars at the junk yard.

Edit: Thanks To @supercharged2 I will be moving ahead with the project. Heading to the Junkyard tomorrow to see what I can source there. Ordering everything else in the next week or so depending on what I find local.

The Other issue I have run into is the price of pins. I am hoping I can find what I need in the junk yard, but if Not I have to hunt them down. The pins for 90980-12155 part number are $15 a piece through Toyota, which doesn't really work when you need so many of them.

@Chaetagnath Do you remember/know what size wiring he used? I have an idea, but can't hurt to ask.

Edit: I Have all connectors with Pins labeled in a spreadsheet with Link to purchase and price. The Pins seem to be available from Japan for a bit cheaper than Toyota, but being that Toyota really isn't open about connectors it can be difficult to tell. I am going to try to hit the junkyard tomorrow even with the cold weather.

I have run into a slight bump as I cannot for the life of me find the type of relay block he used. I know I have seen them for sale in that type, but I have exhausted my searches (spent the last hour looking for that connector alone). So I will have to make do with what is available.

Last edited by DustinS; 02-04-2016 at 12:21 AM.
DustinS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DustinS For This Useful Post:
Draco_PR23 (02-03-2016), Train (02-03-2016)
Old 02-04-2016, 12:17 PM   #84
DustinS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaetagnath View Post
Driver side temp control servo: SU003-02045
Damper control servo: SU003-02044
Screws for the servos (need 5 total) SU003-02113
Blower transistor (73533AJ000)
the climate control panel: 72311CA061
temperature sensor: 73730CA020
the hose assembly for the temperature sensor: 72313CA010

Auto:

When You Bought the Top Servo in the picture. Did it come with the metal bracket to attach it?

Edit: Panel Bought, One Servo Bought, Blower Transistor bought. Found a great deal on the Servo with the metal bracket, only it's missing the bracket. Looks like it is required, so I need to wait and see if I can find one before I buy new. It's an amazing 36F outside right now. Not what I want to have when going to look for the plugs, but so be it.

Edit 2: Super poor quality, but I had to try to fit everything, and it's the picture I posted on instagram posted to facebook. Part Number, with links and Prices. Also list of what other car to get from (hoping to expand this). So terrible quality hype (I thought about trying to market the Harness once I got it done, but I think it is more work than it's worth, so once I know it works, I'll post the file):

Last edited by DustinS; 02-04-2016 at 01:22 PM.
DustinS is offline   Reply With Quote