follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List
20valvewynn83

Old 11-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #71
bgibbsunc

Drives: Firestorm Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yes and the eVo3 is an obnoxiously loud droney exhaust. I almost bout it until I heard it. I personally think it is terrible. I can't speak on the dts but if it sounds anything like the grip then you will definitely enjoy it.
bgibbsunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:09 PM   #72
xxscaxx

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Ah I had you confused, thought you had the DT-S. Just realized Jmah is the one who has it lol.

I don't want to know about the GRiP...we already know a lot on that exhaust
xxscaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:49 AM   #73
TRBO2NR
Speed Racer

Drives: 94' Supra TT 6MT, 11' Subaru WRX
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I received my Grip exhaust last Thursday, but haven't installed it yet since I was sent the wrong color tips... I wanted the polished tips, but received the burnt tips! Apparently I can't exchange it either since there is a problem between ARK and Modbargins. I may be selling it, but it would REALLY help if I could see someone install a burnt tip Grip (or DTS) on a Whiteout FR-S or SWP BRZ. I just don't know if I want to introduce blue into my whole white/red/black color scheme... Please post pictures ANYONE!

1994 Toyota Supra TT 6spd - BPU+++
2011 Subaru WRX Premium Hatchback
2013 Scion FR-S 6MT Whiteout *SOLD
TRBO2NR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TRBO2NR For This Useful Post:
Chad86 (10-04-2015)
Old 11-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #74
PLZdontscream

Drives: Scion FR-S Whiteout
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRBO2NR View Post
I received my Grip exhaust last Thursday, but haven't installed it yet since I was sent the wrong color tips... I wanted the polished tips, but received the burnt tips! Apparently I can't exchange it either since there is a problem between ARK and Modbargins. I may be selling it, but it would REALLY help if I could see someone install a burnt tip Grip (or DTS) on a Whiteout FR-S or SWP BRZ. I just don't know if I want to introduce blue into my whole white/red/black color scheme... Please post pictures ANYONE!
well if you want to sell it let me know
PLZdontscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #75
TRBO2NR
Speed Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLZdontscream View Post
well if you want to sell it let me know
Will do, it is still BNIB but not sure how shipping would work for such a large box. I am leaning towards keeping it, but I would really just like to see pictures to make that decision. Not sure if I will like the style of the burnt tips. I just can't decide if the burnt tips look cool or lame... I just don't want to be thrown in to the "ricer" category if you get what I mean.

Last edited by TRBO2NR; 11-13-2012 at 12:22 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to TRBO2NR For This Useful Post:
Chad86 (10-04-2015)
Old 11-13-2012, 12:07 PM   #76
xxscaxx

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Not for nothing, but all the pre-ordered ARK exhausts came with the titanium burnt looking tips. Did you mention that before pre-ordering? The only way to get the polished tips is to order one at full price I believe.

I am interested in the exhaust as well if you decide to ship it or get rid of it. You can always return it to modbargains i'm sure.

burnt tips look good to me though...

xxscaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #77
Propaganda
Diamonds & Cadillacs

Drives: '13 fr-s, 1974 911s
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I have a whiteout with the burnt. I have pics but.I'm.at work for another 4 hours (on a different computer). If you want, ican take cell phone pics and send them to you? Pm if you'd like. If not, wait ~4 hours
Propaganda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:25 PM   #78
TRBO2NR
Speed Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxscaxx View Post
Not for nothing, but all the pre-ordered ARK exhausts came with the titanium burnt looking tips. Did you mention that before pre-ordering? The only way to get the polished tips is to order one at full price I believe.

I am interested in the exhaust as well if you decide to ship it or get rid of it. You can always return it to modbargains i'm sure.

Yeah, I did specify that I wanted the polished tips, but ARK shipped me burnt tips anyways... From what I am hearing, returning doesn't seem to be an option. That red car in the pic does look good with the burnt tips... I am starting to kind of like it, but not sure until I see a larger picture of them installed on a white car vs. the small picture I find when I google it.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #79
Propaganda
Diamonds & Cadillacs

Drives: '13 fr-s, 1974 911s
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
JK, was running a little late from lunch, so I'll just upload a pic or 2 later today
Propaganda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:58 PM   #80
bgibbsunc

Drives: Firestorm Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I have a red with burnt tips. The tips are so big it's kind of hard to notice they are burnt but I honestly this it looks great. Plus I'm trying to do away with all chrome on my car so I'll probably get them powder coated at a later date
bgibbsunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:01 PM   #81
A5D5TRYR

Drives: FR-S 6MT Ultramarine (BeeDrill)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Yeah, I did specify that I wanted the polished tips, but ARK shipped me burnt tips anyways... From what I am hearing, returning doesn't seem to be an option. That red car in the pic does look good with the burnt tips... I am starting to kind of like it, but not sure until I see a larger picture of them installed on a white car vs. the small picture I find when I google it.
As much as there seem to be a large number of people that hate the burnt blue tips I think they look really good on these tips on this exhaust. There are some where it looks a little tacky or cheap but I think it looks really good here. And I wouldn't worry about the blue tips making you look "ricer". If anyone gives you a hard time they're just jealous of how bad-ass your car looks.
A5D5TRYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:37 PM   #82
jmah88

Drives: 2013 SUBARU SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
i can post some pics too if you want, but Im not off work for another 6 hours lol my car is white, I think it looks good!
jmah88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jmah88 For This Useful Post:
TRBO2NR (11-13-2012)
Old 11-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #83
20valvewynn83

Drives: 2013 FRS/01 Tacoma
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxscaxx View Post

Just so you guys know ARK only has the system in burnt blue titanium tips they don't offer other tips. Well not at this time as I have asked them about that before they used my car. I'm really happy with the tips now that I have seen them on my car. Modbargin must have been confused if they gave the option.
20valvewynn83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #84
TRBO2NR
Speed Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmah88 View Post
i can post some pics too if you want, but Im not off work for another 6 hours lol my car is white, I think it looks good!
Please do! I probably won't be installing it until this weekend if I keep it, so the more pictures the better! Thanks a lot.

As far as ARK not offering other tips, according to them, they will have the polished tips in about a month. Modbargins may have been confused, but ARK did show that a polished tip was an option, so I can see why it was offered. To top it off, ARK accepted the orders for the Polished tips without apparently letting Modbargins know it wasn't an option. In my opinion, either ARK shouldn't have accepted the order (or told us that it wasn't an option and we could have decided if we wanted burnt tips before they shipped the system) or at a minimum should have waited to send the correct exhaust even if it took longer.