follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 05-09-2013, 10:38 PM   #155
torqdork

Drives: RV-7
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflogerzi View Post
Just going to say this. Standard FR-S plus entry level FI option > Release 10 FR-S. Just saying
That would be sweet. Maybe a small run of TRD Editions would work for me.
torqdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:23 PM   #156
torqdork

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanabie View Post
Like I said, you could always haggle the BRZ. I doubt you could haggle with Scion, but I've heard they would give you more on trade ins.
Also, that dealer is not the only Subaru dealership in Oregon. Shop around!
You were right. I replied to the dealer questioning price and in a few minutes he'd dropped the price of either unit in stock $500.

I asked him to do a regional inventory search for a 6M/T Limited in WR Blue. There are only two in the surrounding five states. Both are loaded with just about every accessory available already installed by the other dealers and would be over $30K.

He also offered to order to my spec, a 6M/T Limited with no accessories. He quoted $28,469 + delivery (not sure what Subaru charges) for the Costco price with a 90 day delivery. Pretty enticing, but think I'll stick with the 10 Series I'm getting for substantially below MSRP as a fleet buyer.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:33 PM   #157
jmaryt
Banned

Drives: 2012 honda civic ex
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
what do ya have to do to get ''fleet buyer" discount?
buy half of a dealers monthly allocation of toyotas?
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:03 AM   #158
torqdork

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaryt View Post
what do ya have to do to get ''fleet buyer" discount?
buy half of a dealers monthly allocation of toyotas?
A couple of ways, and the rules are "somewhat" flexible, but in both cases you'll need to register a business name first. Registered fleet buyers purchase at net/net/net invoice (invoice - 3% holdback, -$900 or so advertising varies by region - 2% finance reserve). I'm not an affiliate of any of these links.

http://fleet.toyota.com/support/how_to_customer.asp

http://fleet.toyota.com/support/how_to_customer_id.asp

http://fleet.toyota.com/support/how_to_fleet_id.asp

https://www.incorporate.com/

Last edited by torqdork; 05-10-2013 at 09:37 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:53 AM   #159
BSH

Drives: 2013 STI
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqdork View Post
You were right. I replied to the dealer questioning price and in a few minutes he'd dropped the price of either unit in stock $500.

I asked him to do a regional inventory search for a 6M/T Limited in WR Blue. There are only two in the surrounding five states. Both are loaded with just about every accessory available already installed by the other dealers and would be over $30K.

He also offered to order to my spec, a 6M/T Limited with no accessories. He quoted $28,469 + delivery (not sure what Subaru charges) for the Costco price with a 90 day delivery. Pretty enticing, but think I'll stick with the 10 Series I'm getting for substantially below MSRP as a fleet buyer.
Per irvine subarus website, they have the vehicle u described for 28.8k
BSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:45 AM   #160
MissDeb

Drives: money pit
Quote:

Pricing will be released to the public Wednesday, May 8, 2013. Dealers got it a few minutes ago.

Attachment 36528

Do I read this correctly that all FR-S 10 Series are 2013 models and not 2014s?
MissDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:16 PM   #161
86'd

Drives: 2012 WRX Sedan
Again, there was no question that this car was going to be around the same price as the Limited BRZ; if not more.

Yet, people are still guffawing that the car is "overpriced."

I honestly think it's a decent price for what it is. I'd get rid of all of the glowing bits, replace all of the badges and you'd have a cheaper, more complete GT-86.

If you want a BRZ Limited you can still buy that too. Sure it would come down to the deal you get; and you're more likely to get a deal with the BRZ, but it all comes down to high price expectations and the ability to afford.

...and I've noticed when it comes to this forum, there's a lot of the former, but not a lot of the latter.
86'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #162
hanabie

Drives: WRB LMTD '13
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86'd View Post
Again, there was no question that this car was going to be around the same price as the Limited BRZ; if not more.

Yet, people are still guffawing that the car is "overpriced."

I honestly think it's a decent price for what it is. I'd get rid of all of the glowing bits, replace all of the badges and you'd have a cheaper, more complete GT-86.

If you want a BRZ Limited you can still buy that too. Sure it would come down to the deal you get; and you're more likely to get a deal with the BRZ, but it all comes down to high price expectations and the ability to afford.

...and I've noticed when it comes to this forum, there's a lot of the former, but not a lot of the latter.
Let us know how much you have spent to convert your seats to leather Alcantra. If it is only 100 bux, I would this car in a heartbeat. Forget about fog lights, heated front seats and the spoiler.
It is sad that people keep trying to convince that this car's price is comparable to brz limited. People must be failing at counting money.
hanabie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:16 PM   #163
torqdork

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDeb View Post
Do I read this correctly that all FR-S 10 Series are 2013 models and not 2014s?
Yes.

http://www.scion.com/blog/2013/05/08...ing-announced/
Old 05-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #164
hanabie

Drives: WRB LMTD '13
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
I'm jealous that you could get the car at fleet's price.
I wish I could get one at that price as well
Will definitely get this over brz limited if I could get it at that price too.
hanabie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hanabie For This Useful Post:
torqdork (05-10-2013)
Old 05-10-2013, 01:46 PM   #165
torqdork

Something I haven't read anywhere is the availability of Scion vs. Subaru service points in the US and CA.

I'm sure quite a few will be taking extended road trips this summer and should an unscheduled breakdown or accident occur or routine or warranty service needed, it's reassuring to know that there are more service points of one of the brands available nearby.

I called both manufacturers HQ this morning. Scion has 996 in the US, 125 in CA. Subaru has 600 in the US and 75 in CA.

It might be worth considering if you're planning extended travel in either BRZ or FR-S when there are 50% more Scion service points available to take care of any issues.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:54 PM   #166
86GT

Drives: MK7 Golf R
One of the reasons (other than a near JDM spec), the 10-Series makes sense over the BRZ limited is if one wants to get one of the twins and stick to the factory mods to retain warranty. I do see that TRD is faster than STI to get the mods out of the door. At the moment there is a TRD CAI but not a STI version and there is a STI short shift kit that's not in TRD. Also there is a door stab from TRD not in STI.

Edit: I am still on the wall between this and the BRZ only due to the color. I havent seen the Series 10 in person, but personally a sports car should have a striking color like the firestorm (red) or WRB.

Last edited by 86GT; 05-10-2013 at 02:18 PM.
86GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:24 PM   #167
86'd

Drives: 2012 WRX Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanabie View Post
Let us know how much you have spent to convert your seats to leather Alcantra. If it is only 100 bux, I would this car in a heartbeat. Forget about fog lights, heated front seats and the spoiler.
It is sad that people keep trying to convince that this car's price is comparable to brz limited. People must be failing at counting money.
There's more to pricing than just the cost of the items.

In any case, let me know how your bumper swap turns out, adding euro headlights or changing your entire HVAC panel works out too.

It's sad that people think that this car was going to be priced at anything different than what it is. And rather than be upset about why a car is priced the way it is, understand and accept it.

This car will sell out. You can be happy with a BRZ; everyone wins.
86'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:42 PM   #168
jmaryt
Banned

Drives: 2012 honda civic ex
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
A couple of ways, and the rules are "somewhat" flexible, but in both cases you'll need to register a business name first. Registered fleet buyers purchase at net/net/net invoice (invoice - 3% holdback, -$900 or so advertising varies by region - 2% finance reserve). I'm not an affiliate of any of these links.

http://fleet.toyota.com/support/how_to_customer.asp

http://fleet.toyota.com/support/how_to_customer_id.asp

http://fleet.toyota.com/support/how_to_fleet_id.asp

https://www.incorporate.com/
having 10 vehicles to qualify leaves most people with their ****s in their hands! this is not practical,however i thought i would find out anyway. don't have to be concerned about qualifying for THAT discount! don't feel so bad now,as i would never qualify,so not missing out! (w.t.f!.) (lol!)
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote