follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southwest

Southwest AZ, NM, NV, OK, TX, UT


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-21-2015, 01:11 AM   #3669
alltrac
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Drives: BRZ Limited
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 40
Thanks: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
Found this at Toyota Round Rock! How cool!
WOW... that's several $K more than I paid for a BRZ Limited in June. That's a lot extra to pay for the same interior features but some lowering springs and some limited edition notes. Am I missing something else that comes with this?

As a side note, I have an event Friday that prevents me from getting up at 6:30AM to drive 2 hrs to Medina. I'll have to get on the next outing, preferably one that starts at 10a.
alltrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 08:54 AM   #3670
2016 Camaro SS
Senior Member
 
2016 Camaro SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Drives: Fast
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 790
Thanks: 114
Thanked 404 Times in 240 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alltrac View Post
WOW... that's several $K more than I paid for a BRZ Limited in June. That's a lot extra to pay for the same interior features but some lowering springs and some limited edition notes. Am I missing something else that comes with this?

As a side note, I have an event Friday that prevents me from getting up at 6:30AM to drive 2 hrs to Medina. I'll have to get on the next outing, preferably one that starts at 10a.
I looked at all the features in person. The best part is the rear section. The rest of the stuff you can live without. It's just a bunch of TRD stuff slapped on the inside.

They didn't have the TRD wheels on that one either like they are supposed to come with. I think that's optional though. Either way, I'm still happy with my 2013 FR-S.
2016 Camaro SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 09:59 PM   #3671
ZX88
Senior Member
 
ZX88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Drives: 180sx, frs
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 112
Thanks: 3
Thanked 88 Times in 39 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hey Guys,

I picked up my frs last month and just found this thread. Do you guys meet often? Ive been to the renegade meet before up north just wondering if there was anything else going on.

Heres my car.

2013 whiteout
Just some basic modifications
Swift springs,
motegi wheels (new set up going on this weekend)
michellen pilot sports,
apr front diffuser
Some ISIS catback.
TRD spoiler

ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZX88 For This Useful Post:
86-tundra (01-22-2015), Scottemad123 (01-23-2015)
Old 01-22-2015, 12:59 AM   #3672
alltrac
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Drives: BRZ Limited
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 40
Thanks: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016 Camaro SS View Post
I looked at all the features in person. The best part is the rear section. The rest of the stuff you can live without. It's just a bunch of TRD stuff slapped on the inside.

They didn't have the TRD wheels on that one either like they are supposed to come with. I think that's optional though. Either way, I'm still happy with my 2013 FR-S.
I guess what it comes down to is "Is all that stuff worth $5K+ more in price at a dealership that doesn't move off MSRP?". I have a hard time saying yes to that even with all the TRD bits. To be honest, if I'd have been willing to go another $5K up I'd have been well into CPO 135i territory (plus or minus all that entails).

In other words, a 200hp car in flashy yellow for $32.4K is liable to be there for a lot longer.
alltrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 01:01 AM   #3673
alltrac
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Drives: BRZ Limited
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 40
Thanks: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX88 View Post
Do you guys meet often?
We should have a low key Austin 86-only meet that's not at 7AM.

Central, because I'm central. And lazy.
alltrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 02:16 AM   #3674
mx5 2nr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Drives: FRS/NA1/'12 Mustang/'97 4Runner
Location: Kyle, TX
Posts: 249
Thanks: 230
Thanked 85 Times in 66 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Guys the weather got me tonite. I hydoplaned and knocked a Jeep. Everyone was ok, but my car got the brunt of it all. My passenger front fender, hood passenger headlight, & part of my bumper is toast I don't know any good body shops out here & I need recommendations asap. I'm in Kyle, so I guess I'm looking for the best body shop in the south Austin to San Marcos area. The flatbed is coming tomorrow. Help!!!!!
__________________
'90 Miata - weekends
'13 FRS - weekdays
'97 4-Runner - grunt work
'12 Mustang - wife's
mx5 2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:25 AM   #3675
Jyn
Noob
 
Jyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Drives: FR-S Mammogram
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,510
Thanks: 505
Thanked 838 Times in 457 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX88 View Post
Hey Guys,

I picked up my frs last month and just found this thread. Do you guys meet often? Ive been to the renegade meet before up north just wondering if there was anything else going on.

Heres my car.

2013 whiteout
Just some basic modifications
Swift springs,
motegi wheels (new set up going on this weekend)
michellen pilot sports,
apr front diffuser
Some ISIS catback.
TRD spoiler
I'm the only one that goes to Renegade from the forum. I've seen one or two more BRZs, but you'd have seen my car if you went to Renegade. Most of us are older/lazier, so car meets aren't really their thing.

Sometimes we go to Cars & Coffee at The Oasis
__________________
:@ChaoyD | Journey of a stancecar to #trackdaybro enthusiast - Year 3
Jyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:27 AM   #3676
Scavanger
Avid searcher of things
 
Scavanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Drives: Scion Fr-s 10 series
Location: Abilene, TX
Posts: 326
Thanks: 131
Thanked 56 Times in 44 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Scavanger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyn View Post
I'm the only one that goes to Renegade from the forum. I've seen one or two more BRZs, but you'd have seen my car if you went to Renegade. Most of us are older/lazier, so car meets aren't really their thing.

Sometimes we go to Cars & Coffee at The Oasis
What where and when is renegade meet ups i will be down next weekend.
Scavanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:43 AM   #3677
Jyn
Noob
 
Jyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Drives: FR-S Mammogram
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,510
Thanks: 505
Thanked 838 Times in 457 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scavanger View Post
What where and when is renegade meet ups i will be down next weekend.
First Friday of every month so you'll miss it by one week lol. But there should be a cars & coffee, just not sure if it's Round Rock or Killeen. Austin's is 2nd Sunday of the month.
__________________
:@ChaoyD | Journey of a stancecar to #trackdaybro enthusiast - Year 3
Jyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:45 AM   #3678
2016 Camaro SS
Senior Member
 
2016 Camaro SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Drives: Fast
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 790
Thanks: 114
Thanked 404 Times in 240 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Leander Cars & Coffee - 1st Sunday of the month.

Renegade meet - First Friday of the month.

Oasis Cars & Coffee - 2nd Sunday of the month.

Round Rock Cars & Coffee - 3rd Sunday of the month
2016 Camaro SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:47 AM   #3679
Scavanger
Avid searcher of things
 
Scavanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Drives: Scion Fr-s 10 series
Location: Abilene, TX
Posts: 326
Thanks: 131
Thanked 56 Times in 44 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Scavanger
So the 31st and 1st there wont be anything going on?
Scavanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:49 AM   #3680
2016 Camaro SS
Senior Member
 
2016 Camaro SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Drives: Fast
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 790
Thanks: 114
Thanked 404 Times in 240 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scavanger View Post
So the 31st and 1st there wont be anything going on?
Just the Leander Cars & Coffee on the first.
2016 Camaro SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:50 AM   #3681
Scavanger
Avid searcher of things
 
Scavanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Drives: Scion Fr-s 10 series
Location: Abilene, TX
Posts: 326
Thanks: 131
Thanked 56 Times in 44 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Scavanger
What time?
Scavanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 11:00 AM   #3682
86-tundra
Troll Hunter
 
86-tundra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Drives: fr-s, tundra
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 1,425
Thanks: 1,695
Thanked 921 Times in 470 Posts
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I am trading in my fj for a tundra today, I think all of my mod $ is going to be hard to split between 2 vehicles now :'(
__________________
86-tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.