follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes.

User Tag List

Old 09-29-2018, 12:29 AM   #673
Irace86.2.0

Drives: BRZ + M796
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Am I confused, or are the prices wack on these products?

I bought the Stage II kit for $979 a long time ago, so I was checking out the two-piece rotors which I can get as a pair for $790. Together that would be $1769 for a front BBK with a spare pair of rotors...

The Stage IV kit is $1895, which comes with the two-piece rotors... so yea, it is more expensive than purchasing the products separately, and comes with less stuff, specifically less a pair of one-piece rotors.

Again, am I missing something? Does this make no sense at all?
Old 09-29-2018, 12:33 AM   #674
Sgtfluffy16

Drives: 14' Satin Pearl White BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Ever notice how the stage 1 kit is actually more expensive than the stage 2 Kit? And the stage 2 Kit has the better calipers. Doesn't make any sense but that's why I bought the stage 2 Kit
Sgtfluffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 04:01 PM   #675
Irace86.2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgtfluffy16 View Post
Ever notice how the stage 1 kit is actually more expensive than the stage 2 Kit? And the stage 2 Kit has the better calipers. Doesn't make any sense but that's why I bought the stage 2 Kit
Maybe making it ďthinnerĒ to clear a wheel is more costly. I dunno.

I emailed them and their response didnít really make any sense, but oh well, good I didnít buy the stage 3 or 4 kits.
Old 09-30-2018, 03:20 PM   #676
Pointmutation

Drives: 2016 ZC6
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
Maybe making it ďthinnerĒ to clear a wheel is more costly. I dunno.

I emailed them and their response didnít really make any sense, but oh well, good I didnít buy the stage 3 or 4 kits.
What was their response?

I always thought that was weird about the stage III/IV Kitís vs I/II + extra rotors price. Not that Iím complaining as I went for the cheaper and when I change rotors Iíll upgrade to the 2 piece ones at same total price.
Old 09-30-2018, 03:46 PM   #677
Irace86.2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointmutation View Post
What was their response?

I always thought that was weird about the stage III/IV Kit’s vs I/II + extra rotors price. Not that I’m complaining as I went for the cheaper and when I change rotors I’ll upgrade to the 2 piece ones at same total price.
Quote:
We updated the price of the replacement rotors. However, it is possible that if you looked at this rotors in the past, the old price was cached on your browser. If you would have selected this product into your shopping cart, it would have pulled the updated price. I ran an update on the system to force to refresh the information. Please check now.

However, you are still correct. The price of stage 2 kit plus upgraded rotors is still lower than the price of stage 4. The reason for this is that we make very little margin on the rotors to encourage customers to upgrade.

Thank you!
That second paragraph essentially says that they are making the price of entry so cheap, so that people start buying the two-piece rotors, probably because the replacement outer shells of the two-piece rotors are more expensive than the one piece replacements. It still seems odd to make them so cheap that buying more costs less. Oh well.

------------------

The other thing that is a bummer is that the rear performance setup is not upgradable to two-piece rotors. I didn't want the BBK rears because of too much rear bias. At least, that is what others said.
Old 09-30-2018, 05:02 PM   #678
Turbo

Drives: FR-S Turbo
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
The shop I've been working with up here in Canada was going to put an RR racing upgrade on my car, but they were being jerked around on price.

They negotiated a wholesale deal but when they went to order, RR racing reneged on the discounts promised. Then, when they tried to have rotors omitted from kits to lower the significant shipping costs to another country, RR racing would only credit back $60 PER ROTOR.

Based on this, they seem slimey to me.
Turbo is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
big brake kit, competition, track