follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 09-13-2016, 01:00 PM   #141
Oxyg3n

Drives: 2017 BRZ - WRB
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristecom View Post
I thought the last part where it says 11 miles was miles until empty? But your fuel gauge shows full. Is that something else or is it just delayed?
@Summerwolf yes it still shows coolant.
@Bristecom youre right, i literally just filled up and haven't even started the car yet so it probubly just didn't update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Oxyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oxyg3n For This Useful Post:
Bristecom (09-13-2016)
Old 09-13-2016, 01:54 PM   #142
Summerwolf
Panda Trueno

Drives: No twin now.
Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,332 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxyg3n View Post
@Summerwolf yes it still shows coolant.
@Bristecom youre right, i literally just filled up and haven't even started the car yet so it probubly just didn't update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Can you take pics of the different display options? Would be kind of neat to see.
Summerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 07:19 PM   #143
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

Drives: '17 BRZ CWP LMT.
Thanked 1,725 Times in 790 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
In case anyone was wondering, I saw this over on FB Im sorry I can't find the post to verify which shop did this i think they are in VA or somewhere on the east coast. My apologies for it, they have full credit to the picture and everything.

any who the new bumper does fit on the old car. Don't know the details and part you'll need thou.

"The BRZ Section's fine wine" -Zgrinch
Zaku is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zaku For This Useful Post:
brandonblt2 (09-14-2016), funwheeldrive (09-13-2016), URACK (09-14-2016)
Old 09-13-2016, 08:02 PM   #144
Zoh

Drives: None
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
In case anyone was wondering, I saw this over on FB Im sorry I can't find the post to verify which shop did this i think they are in VA or somewhere on the east coast. My apologies for it, they have full credit to the picture and everything.

any who the new bumper does fit on the old car. Don't know the details and part you'll need thou.

The styrofoam block looks like teeth.

- Zoh

Zoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:05 PM   #145
Zoh

Drives: None
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxyg3n View Post
The feeling of getting gas for your new car! If anyone is interested in how the 2017 car is doing on gas.. I'm pretty happy with how far the tank takes me so far, 354 miles on one tank. Although that is like 75-80% highway. I got nearly the same with my previous car which had a 17.1 gallon tank.
I'm currently averaging about 25.0mpg over the last tank of gas or so, but most of my driving is in traffic. I think it could easily get 30+ if you spend most of the time on the highway.

- Zoh

Zoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:18 PM   #146
Shinigami301
Slow driver, fast biker.

Drives: '16 86, '00 Celica GTS, Sportbikes
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I have to imagine that LCD panel looks a lot better when actually behind the wheel- because when captured with a flash photo it truly looks like absolute amateur tacked-on crap... like someone sawed a hole in the panel and stuffed an iPhone in there.
Shinigami301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 09:02 PM   #147
Jakinit

Drives: 2017 CWP BRZ Limited (MT)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I'm at about 28MPG, it's a little worse than my TT but I didn't get this car for its gas mileage. Anyone here reach 1k miles yet on their 2017?
Jakinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:01 PM   #148
justinco
btr.life

Drives: 2022 GR86
Thanked 1,094 Times in 491 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
I just test drove a '17 BRZ Limited last night. Interior a bit nicer than my '13 FRS, the new dash display is cool.

Power wise, I still felt the huge torque dip, probably more pronounced to me because my FRS has bolt-ons and is tuned. 1st seemed quick, 2nd gear seemed about the same as my FRS, but shorter. Steering wheel was thinner in the hands compared to my FRS, I like the thicker wheel better.
Attached Images

Old 09-13-2016, 10:59 PM   #149
WorldRallyB
Performance Ricer

Drives: 19 WRX, 19 ND2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Picked up my WRB today! This car is gorgeous, i love it. I came from a '16 WRX if any of you want comparison impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami301 View Post
I have to imagine that LCD panel looks a lot better when actually behind the wheel- because when captured with a flash photo it truly looks like absolute amateur tacked-on crap... like someone sawed a hole in the panel and stuffed an iPhone in there.
You're pretty spot on. Spending time in the car today its pretty hard for lots of light to splash onto the dash, so only when you take pictures or have sunlight coming in from the right angle behind you do you notice the big contrast from background to iphone screen. I also thought it would bother me a lot too but it provides so much useful info. Don't get me wrong its still tacky but i got over it in 10 min
WorldRallyB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WorldRallyB For This Useful Post:
justinco (09-14-2016), Zaku (09-13-2016)
Old 09-13-2016, 11:26 PM   #150
himbo

Drives: Lightening Red BRZ Ltd.
Man, I'm really pissed that they changed the color of the backlighing on the instrument cluster.

The red lighting is so easy on my eyes and so nice imo
himbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to himbo For This Useful Post:
brandonblt2 (09-14-2016), funwheeldrive (09-14-2016), Psilox (09-13-2016)
Old 09-13-2016, 11:45 PM   #151
Psilox

Drives: Nothing yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by himbo View Post
Man, I'm really pissed that they changed the color of the backlighing on the instrument cluster.

Totally agree. My brother just picked up a used supercharged JCW mini, and the cockpit with full amber lighting looks so nice. I'd live with it for sure, but if I had the opportunity change out the backlights for red or amber ones, I'd do it in a second.
Psilox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 11:45 PM   #152
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

Quote:
Originally Posted by himbo View Post

I believe if you get Popular package 1 or 2 car, you have the option to change interior and dash illumination to red for package 1 and blue for 2. at least that's how I defined interior illumination. So far the cars that have been posted by owners (correct me if I'm wrong) have been no Package or Package 3.

Old 09-14-2016, 12:33 AM   #153
Sport-Tech

Drives: TBD
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Those interior illumination options are only for footwell, not for the dash. In Canada they are dealer-installed accessories specifically called "footwell illumination" - I don't think the dealers are ever going to be allowed to rip the IP apart....

Update: checked the US configurator, that option is footwell only there too, but for some reason it's not indicated as dealer-installed. Can't imagine it would be in Canada and not the US so one site is wrong.

No mention in the configurator of any Popular packages, nor is there in the 2017 brochure - where is this coming from? Some dealer offering?

Last edited by Sport-Tech; 09-14-2016 at 12:48 AM.
Sport-Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sport-Tech For This Useful Post:
Summerwolf (09-14-2016), Zaku (09-14-2016)
Old 09-14-2016, 01:07 AM   #154
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport-Tech View Post
Those interior illumination options are only for footwell, not for the dash. In Canada they are dealer-installed accessories specifically called "footwell illumination" - I don't think the dealers are ever going to be allowed to rip the IP apart....

Update: checked the US configurator, that option is footwell only there too, but for some reason it's not indicated as dealer-installed. Can't imagine it would be in Canada and not the US so one site is wrong.

No mention in the configurator of any Popular packages, nor is there in the 2017 brochure - where is this coming from? Some dealer offering?
In the USA there's three popular package it's not dealer installed the cars come with it. If you go to an order screen at a dealer it appears the same way the Performance Package appears. So you could technically have a popular package and a performance package on the same car. These packages have also been around since the last generation too.

It's not on the website because it's broken still, but I has been confirmed that people cars has it for example jakanit's car has Popular package three iirc.

Off the top of my head There are few differences between the packages, they all come with wheel locks, some sort of rear view mirror option, cargo tray and interior illumination. There might be more but I don't have a sheet at hand.

They all cost different too, with package 2 being the most expensive and package 3 being least expensive.

Ofcourse they have cars that have no package at all too.

So package one has everything and red illumination plus home link
Package two has everything one has but blue illumination and maybe rear bumper app. That little decal that keeps scratches away from your rear bumper, it might also have a cargo net.

Popular package three has no net, bumper app, home link, and illumination. But has everything else one has

On a VoN sheet you can tell which package you have by looking at what the cars comes with, it may be shown under option package section.

I'll find stuff on it and add on later.

Here we go, see popular package 1 , I blocked out other items at owner request.

And no I don't work at subaru....I just have resources.

Last edited by Zaku; 09-14-2016 at 01:29 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zaku For This Useful Post:
Sport-Tech (09-14-2016)