follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 11-10-2014, 04:51 PM   #7841
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I had to take down the new install video due to copyright issues.

Heres the new one:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX-FYAelttg"]Phantom Electric Supercharger Full Install Video - YouTube[/ame]

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sojhinn For This Useful Post:
Cop (03-19-2015), DAEMANO (11-10-2014), robwbright (11-14-2014)
Old 11-10-2014, 04:55 PM   #7842
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenton View Post
This will be the last video for awhile now, car is in storage for winter

I'm still going to be tracking requests on the forum so dont be afraid to ask questions.
*cough* Im in socal feel free to send me anything you are not using.

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Old 11-10-2014, 07:01 PM   #7843
Gary in NJ

Drives: WR Blue BRZ, 240Z
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenton View Post
This will be the last video for awhile now, car is in storage for winter
Fenton,

I too store the car for the winter (I'm expecting this weekend as I think they'll be salting the roads for expected snow). Last year when I woke my car up from hibernation the dump pack took about a week to get back to good form. Have you given any thought how to keep the batteries in good order? I have been half thinking about disassembling the dump pack and putting then in parallel on a trickle charger?

Gary in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 08:06 PM   #7844
07jazzrs5gt86

Drives: Firestorm 86
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Nice video @fenton
Now I think I should do a 1 too from stand still with my setup now then do another when I get the pulley kit install with the gates belt
Been too busy so hopefully this weekend is the time for a little upgrade

Also rob pm me to tell you to spill all the good news on these new upgrades
07jazzrs5gt86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 09:06 PM   #7845
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Full throttle Electric Supercharger Build Thread

Quick question for those on the open flash tune. I have to go to stock for a while... And I was wondering if the the stage 2 e85 el would be my best option for e85 with the stock headers but upgraded 2nd cat.

Installed Mods:
Old 11-11-2014, 09:27 AM   #7846
jwvand02

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojhinn View Post
Quick question for those on the open flash tune. I have to go to stock for a while... And I was wondering if the the stage 2 e85 el would be my best option for e85 with the stock headers but upgraded 2nd cat.
I ran that stock with e85 and it worked fine, I'd imagine it would go the same for you.
jwvand02 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jwvand02 For This Useful Post:
Sojhinn (11-11-2014)
Old 11-11-2014, 09:38 AM   #7847
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwvand02 View Post
I ran that stock with e85 and it worked fine, I'd imagine it would go the same for you.
Its been so long since ive gone stock should be interesting.

Installed Mods:
Old 11-11-2014, 11:39 AM   #7848
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojhinn View Post
Its been so long since ive gone stock should be interesting.
The car's still pretty fun stock (well e85 with a front pipe isn't exactly stock ). You just have to work a lil harder for the fun. It's pretty rewarding IMO.
DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 01:17 PM   #7849
fenton

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 1,614 Times in 726 Posts
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary in NJ View Post
Fenton,

I too store the car for the winter (I'm expecting this weekend as I think they'll be salting the roads for expected snow). Last year when I woke my car up from hibernation the dump pack took about a week to get back to good form. Have you given any thought how to keep the batteries in good order? I have been half thinking about disassembling the dump pack and putting then in parallel on a trickle charger?
You could do that towards the end of the season when you are looking to put your car back in the road.

I myself will just got for a nice long drive down a couple deserted back roads
fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 02:40 PM   #7850
VR46
are you Jeff Vader?

Drives: Black BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Anyone else having any cold start issues on e85? Mine has recently been taking a couple of tries when starting up, now I've just come back from a week long work trip and it's being a huge pain. I wonder if the push button start and cold weather e85 don't play well together.

EDIT: it was a double whammy - it tried to crank for ~10 seconds the one time, but I think it didn't have enough left in the battery to keep cranking after that - took a jump and a few more cranks to get it started. Glad I don't have any more trips coming up.

Last edited by VR46; 11-12-2014 at 03:13 PM.
VR46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 03:34 PM   #7851
bfrank1972

Drives: 2013 FR-S Argento
Thanked 1,039 Times in 616 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR46 View Post
Anyone else having any cold start issues on e85? Mine has recently been taking a couple of tries when starting up, now I've just come back from a week long work trip and it's being a huge pain. I wonder if the push button start and cold weather e85 don't play well together.

EDIT: it was a double whammy - it tried to crank for ~10 seconds the one time, but I think it didn't have enough left in the battery to keep cranking after that - took a jump and a few more cranks to get it started. Glad I don't have any more trips coming up.
Add a gallon or two of gas to your tank when you fill up E85 during cold weather, that should help a lot. As weather gets colder, your E85 stations near you might switch to a lower E content mix as well. Lastly, I'm not sure if Shiv's E85 ESC tune has the richened engine start maps - if not you can modify your tune to run a richer mix when starting your motor, that can help as well.
bfrank1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bfrank1972 For This Useful Post:
Gums (11-12-2014), VR46 (11-12-2014)
Old 11-14-2014, 12:47 AM   #7852
GTO5005

Drives: White Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Alright after having the ESC for a month running OFT E85 UEL off the shelf Map, TRD Exhaust and Borla Headers:

Some Questions:

Has anyone on a similar setup to mine swap out the stock drop-in air filter for a more free flowing aftermarket K&N, and did it make a difference? Same question for overpipe?

@Shiv@Openflash How conservative is your beta tune? Say I were to make the drive up to you and it was put on a dyno, and fine tuned, how much more power do you think you could get out of it with the set up above or suggested mods added, (relatively safe of course)?

Also through the grapevine (thing get construed so if its not true, take it with a grain of salt), I heard that Delicious Tuning tuned a Phantom ESC, was curious if anyone knew who that was.

Bottom line, I am curious if its worth spending the extra cash on a custom map, or what other breathing mods I should do to make it worth tuning, I know this area is very gray with it being a new product, but I figured I would give it a shot.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:54 AM   #7853
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO5005 View Post
Alright after having the ESC for a month running OFT E85 UEL off the shelf Map, TRD Exhaust and Borla Headers:

Some Questions:

Has anyone on a similar setup to mine swap out the stock drop-in air filter for a more free flowing aftermarket K&N, and did it make a difference? Same question for overpipe?

@Shiv@Openflash How conservative is your beta tune? Say I were to make the drive up to you and it was put on a dyno, and fine tuned, how much more power do you think you could get out of it with the set up above or suggested mods added, (relatively safe of course)?

Also through the grapevine (thing get construed so if its not true, take it with a grain of salt), I heard that Delicious Tuning tuned a Phantom ESC, was curious if anyone knew who that was.

Bottom line, I am curious if its worth spending the extra cash on a custom map, or what other breathing mods I should do to make it worth tuning, I know this area is very gray with it being a new product, but I figured I would give it a shot.

Shivs tune almost maxes out the system for most cars. I would say at best you would get a 5% gain with a custom tune. Up to you if you think it's worth it. As for delicious that was @nlowell

Installed Mods:
The Following User Says Thank You to Sojhinn For This Useful Post:
GTO5005 (11-14-2014)
Old 11-14-2014, 09:11 AM   #7854
Gary in NJ

Drives: WR Blue BRZ, 240Z
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO5005 View Post
@Shiv@Openflash How conservative is your beta tune? Say I were to make the drive up to you and it was put on a dyno, and fine tuned, how much more power do you think you could get out of it with the set up above or suggested mods added, (relatively safe of course)
More importantly then extracting every last bit of available horsepower from the engine, a safe tune will ensure that you don't grenade your engine. Shiv's OFT is designed so users can easily download the tune to their ECU and safely operate their cars. You will always benefit from a custom tune. You may not make any additional horsepower (you could potentially make less at certain rpm's & throttle positions) but you'll have the piece of mind that your engine isn't experiencing knock or detonation.

Gary in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gary in NJ For This Useful Post:
GTO5005 (11-14-2014), sato (11-14-2014)

Tags
26$ / wtq, affordable boost, better than turbo, brz electric supercharger, do want, dumbass freddy, electric shrimpage, electric supercharger, electronic supercharger, epic thread tag, fanboy circle jerk!, freddy keyboardwarrior, frs electric supercharger, get a real blower, haters gonna hate, hows the battery life?, lol, moar powa, nos with battery, one gear race champion, only pulls hard once, phantom charge, pm-robftss to order!, release date=not yet, release it already!, released!, rice, shut up and take our $$$, snake oil claims, street only, super pursuit mode, the price isn't known yet, tq300 plzkkthxbai, wooshy noise, yes turbo is better, yes turbo is expensive