follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 05-10-2012, 11:18 AM   #29
Pbrown

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS Raven
Thanked 1,322 Times in 658 Posts
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lxsedan View Post
Hey I musta saw a few of you guys there tonight then, may have even talked to a few of you without knowing as I talked to a bunch of people as we were standing around waiting to sit in the car and stuff. I was there tonight to see the car, was very curious what I would think after seeing it in person.

After getting in the front seat with someone sitting in the back it was roomier then I thought it would be, he was 5'10" and I was still able to adjust seat and sit comfortably in the passenger seat, i'm about 5'8"

Was there with my gf and we really liked it in person as much as I thought we would.
Took the car for a test drive this morning at Mendes Ottawa. 4 people to test drive while I was there. Nice to have met fellow enthusiasts both last night and today. In a word "SOLD". Still smiling 2 hours after the drive. Was also told by manager that my car will be delivered May 24, 2012. Very pleased!
Pbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:44 PM   #30
Want.FR-S

Drives: 4 Wheels Auto
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by normancw View Post
  • It had the upgraded audio ($500?), but I had no time to play with it
I was told that Tony Graham had 8-9 cars coming in the first lot and 13 pre-orders - I was the 2nd to pre-order (after zootramp)
Just took a quick look and it was the Bespoke unit ($850 upgrade I think). With that you can plug in your smart phone and display the GPS info from your phone to the unit. Kind of handy to use.
Want.FR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:00 PM   #31
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,936 Times in 11,375 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Want.FR-S View Post
Just took a quick look and it was the Bespoke unit ($850 upgrade I think). With that you can plug in your smart phone and display the GPS info from your phone to the unit. Kind of handy to use.
As long as your smartphone is an iPhone. Doesn't work with anything else yet and you have to use the specific BeSpoke app not the NAV on your phone.
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #32
Want.FR-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
As long as your smartphone is an iPhone. Doesn't work with anything else yet and you have to use the specific BeSpoke app not the NAV on your phone.
I was not interested in that upgrade so did not spend time to research the info. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:55 PM   #33
Want.FR-S

Quote:
I'm not sure - compared to the Bespoke pictures I've seen, the head unit on the test car had the same faceplate, but had a different model number (ADCP-W13U-T0001) and didn't have the Bespoke label.

Image from the build and price on Canadian site (it's also only a $510 option) shows model number ADCP-W12U-1818.

Image from a US FR-S shows a model number of ADCP-W13U-T0002
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4809
Yes, you could be right. TBH I was not really checking the HU since not interested. Just saw the big screen and thought that could be the Bespoke unit.

So this is the upgraded HU with no iPhone integration.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:30 PM   #34
Klinn

Drives: '20 Pure Red BRZ, '20 Torch Red C8
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbrown View Post
Took the car for a test drive this morning at Mendes Ottawa. 4 people to test drive while I was there. Nice to have met fellow enthusiasts both last night and today. In a word "SOLD". Still smiling 2 hours after the drive. Was also told by manager that my car will be delivered May 24, 2012. Very pleased!
Yeah, it was good to meet some of you folks last night at T.G. and today at Mendes.

I must confess I went for the upgraded stereo simply for appearance, not any possible difference in sound. Weird, I know. The base unit just looks a little chintzy in my opinion.

I just ordered my nice sticky tires (Kumho XS) from 1010Tire out in Vancouver and they should arrive about the same time as the car. Hopefully everything will come together in time for MCO's first Solo2 event on June 3rd.
Klinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #35
pastuch

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Just saw Slick at the FR-S test drive. He had his racing helmet on with over an inch an a half of clearance which I found amazing. Slick how tall are you?

Impressions: The CAR IS PERFECT! I love everything about it. To say it looks beautiful in white is an understatement. I may have to change my order from Black to White. I bet the Red and Dark Blue are breathtaking too.
pastuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:01 PM   #36
Klinn

Drives: '20 Pure Red BRZ, '20 Torch Red C8
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastuch View Post
Just saw Slick at the FR-S test drive. He had his racing helmet on with over an inch an a half of clearance which I found amazing.
I didn't bring my helmet for a test fit, just did the "how many fingers can I fit above my head" test. When I'm sitting upright as if traveling straight ahead, there was ample clearance. But when taking a lefthand corner, you tend to tilt your head over towards the door and that will bring it in close proximity to a section of the roof which is lower. I suspect there may be a bit interference there, but it looked better than my current summer toy.

I'm only 5'-7" and change but I tend to race with the seatback quite upright to get the best possible sight lines.
Klinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:03 PM   #37
Slick

Drives: FR-S Firestorm 6MT
Thanked 1,389 Times in 628 Posts
Mentioned: 137 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
5'-11".

I was equally impressed with the car (so was Andrew the sales manager). Having coming from 2 Miatas and an RX-8, it does not disappoint. (also had an original AE86 back in the day)
My Genesis Coupe felt huge and drove like a boat afterwards in comparison.

Now the real wait begins....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastuch View Post
Just saw Slick at the FR-S test drive. He had his racing helmet on with over an inch an a half of clearance which I found amazing. Slick how tall are you?
Slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:21 PM   #38
lxsedan

Drives: 2013 BRZ SWP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Did all you guys have pre orders on it with dates coming up soon? I went with a pre on brz but no announcements on dates or any of the likes yet
lxsedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:02 AM   #39
bizaka

Drives: Acura TSX 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Just wondering what you guys have paid for this car with your options etc. Total price/ financing options. I just heard about this car and have been doing some research and im pretty much in love. Only 1 thing is that I am 6'2''/6'3''. From your experiences today with the test drives do you think it would be a little to congested for me? I must say i do like my legroom lol
bizaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:06 AM   #40
Slick

My best description of how the car felt when I drove it can be summed up this way: It is the 4 seat Miata we all have wanted, but better.

It really does everything a sports car should do, quite well. The gearbox is the same as the Miata and RX-8, but feels better. The suspension is firmer and planted, with less roll than a Miata, but the ride is not harsh or jarring. The low centre of gravity really makes this car feel stable and communicates everything back to you. Steering is great and precise. The engine has a good amount of power and nice torque. I dropped it into a higher gear (3rd I think) and at 1500 it was able to pull up into the normal range without lugging.

The RX-8 has a superb chassis and was easily the best handling car I have driven to date. From my 10 min test drive, I think we have a new winner.

Quote:
I'd be interested in more details on your comparisons of the FR-S to the Miatas, RX-8, and Genesis Coupe. I had a 92 Miata, but have never driven an RX-8 (too expensive new and maybe too unreliable used) nor a Genesis Coupe (too big for my wife).
Old 05-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #41
Slick

I think you will fit, but you would need to sit in it to confirm. I'm 5'-11" but don't have short legs, so I think there's enough legroom.

I've read of some guys your "height" fitting without issue, but also your size is key.

As far as pricing, it is full MSRP, you will not be able to negotiate down (unless as part of a group) because the next guy in line will buy it. Financing options are the same as on the build and price depending on the term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaka View Post
Just wondering what you guys have paid for this car with your options etc. Total price/ financing options. I just heard about this car and have been doing some research and im pretty much in love. Only 1 thing is that I am 6'2''/6'3''. From your experiences today with the test drives do you think it would be a little to congested for me? I must say i do like my legroom lol
Old 05-11-2012, 09:38 AM   #42
pastuch

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaka View Post
There have been multiple members on this forum that are taller than you and fit great. I assume you'll fit nicely. Slick is almost 6 feet and without a helmet he had at least 4 inches of clearance above his head.

Sunroofs are retarded, more manufacturers should build a double bubble roof like this one.
pastuch is offline   Reply With Quote