follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 02-26-2014, 08:46 PM   #715
whoster

Drives: an car
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I have a co-worker who asks all the time..

(he's got a '13 2.0T Genesis though, so it's more a running joke...)
Old 03-04-2014, 11:01 AM   #716
fang_gt86
FR Noob

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by j2digit View Post
had a bmw m3 revved the engine real loud right next to me and clearly his passengers didn't want anything to do with what he was up to cause the passenger window kept closing but the driver wanted it down. i look over and nodded and said nice exhaust. passenger in the rear asked me a few things and liked the car too. moral of the story is, this won't work on everybody but its still worth a shot. nice comments
My car's been sitting in the garage since winter, so I decided to take her out of hibernation this Saturday. Me and my brother were cruising alone, minding our business on a straight away country road. I was doing about 45mph since there's a light trafic coming back to town. Out of no where, a M3 sped up to my right, revved the sh*t and just took off. I think the M3 must be doing 70mph because he cut every single car ahead and disappeared. We continued our cruising home and had a few laughs about how "attractive" the twins really are.

6MT FR-S Whiteout:OFT- OTS V2 Stage 2 (93oct & E85), Tomei UEL, Invidia OP, JDL UltraQuiet FP, Ark Grip catback, GS hood struts, Perrin Inlet & K&N drop-in
fang_gt86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fang_gt86 For This Useful Post:
j2digit (03-04-2014)
Old 03-05-2014, 12:47 PM   #717
mp22

Drives: 2000 Acura ITR
Quote:
Originally Posted by frs10 View Post
lol a subie wrx non-sti wanted to give it go...

showed him what 6 car lengths looks like
you know how this thread is full of people making fun of other drivers that want to race and then just speed off on their own?

that was you
mp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mp22 For This Useful Post:
Astroboy (03-05-2014), BRZ21 (03-05-2014), chrisl (03-05-2014), MeehowsBRZ (04-08-2014), qganja (03-07-2014), sprintertrueno86 (03-07-2014), tinma (03-07-2014)
Old 03-05-2014, 05:02 PM   #718
Flo

Drives: BRZ?
haha this thread takes me back to my teenage years. I put a stupidly loud exhaust on my car (a non turbo SAAB 900) and would get people trying to race me all the time. Most of the time it was other kids in civics with ever louder exhaust.
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:
STV3 (03-05-2014)
Old 03-05-2014, 05:50 PM   #719
STV3
Seņor Member

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Thanked 1,322 Times in 645 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo View Post
haha this thread takes me back to my teenage years. I put a stupidly loud exhaust on my car (a non turbo SAAB 900) and would get people trying to race me all the time. Most of the time it was other kids in civics with ever louder exhaust.
Haha same here. I used to have a gold 5 speed cavalier with an intake and full exhaust no cat. Car sounded like complete ass but I didn't care. I raced everyone I could. I was such a douche lol.
STV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:49 PM   #720
Formula Vee
Lando.Ricciardo.Hamilton.

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ Limited (MT)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photonic View Post
I disagree. At least he did not try to drag race you ..I would actually hope for such an encounter.

This is the kind of thing I used to do to Mustang GT500's in my stock S13. with 3" catback.

naturally they pass me when the road straightens ..but I proved my point. and so did he. Why do you own a fast car when you "slow down" just when it gets interesting. Any grandma can floor a gas pedal.

I like being the underdog ..and I like being safe. I do not abuse traffic. But if you thrust your power at me ..I WILL ...follow you to the next braking zone ..and I will "show you" what you need to work on. Even if you power away at track out ..you know you are slow ...and your car is crying.

I dispise people in "fast cars" who cannot control them under dynamic conditions. I feel compelled to reach them by mid corner and so far I find most people cant out run me except on straights.

And this was well before I got my BURZ. Its sad when an S13 on All seasons can make up the gap in a decreasing radus 40mph corner over a gt500 that passed me previously at 110+. I was still limited to 115 and all I did was wait for my braking zone ... and I Was in his bumper well before track out ..and of course ..he "throttled away" on the downhill straight to merge which is a 1/4 mile long. IMO if you arent scrubbing tire ..you aren't entering fast enough ..yes I know this isnt good for a "circuit" but for a corner or two ..its perfectly fine ... I was screaming tires and oscillating between over/understeer. He was clearly well below the limit of his FAT SUMMER TIRES

Fuck people like that. If you are going to be "fast" be fast ..dont ***** out when the road gets tough ... I hate people who rely on their cars and make an ass of themselves.

I refuse to make a problem for other people ..but if you challenge me with your "fast car" ill fucking pace you ...and just wait until you have to brake. Then we will see who "is fast" and who has a "fast car"

He's talking about driving home on a public road. It's sort of ridiculous/idiotic/dangerous to see public streets in terms of "tracking out" and "braking zones." Go find an actual track.
Formula Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Formula Vee For This Useful Post:
chas3wba0 (03-07-2014), Turkish (03-06-2014)
Old 03-07-2014, 08:29 AM   #721
frs10

Drives: tezla
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp22 View Post
you know how this thread is full of people making fun of other drivers that want to race and then just speed off on their own?

that was you
u wanna give it a go?

frs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:30 AM   #722
tennisfreak

Drives: 2018 BMW M240i
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Had one last weekend.

Brand spanking new Lexus IS F, even still had dealer temp plates on it.

Cruising on the highway and it pulls up next to me and rolls its windows down.
2 punk kids (probably in their 20's) start looking at my car and then rev this shit out of engine several time.
Then the driver guns his car and gets about 600 feet up on me and then backs off until even again and revs his engine.
They do this 2 times and each time they are trying to get my attention.

I just kept cruising not wanting to get my cars ass handed to me and they looked very irresponsible anyways.

Eventually they got tired of me and then sped off down the highway abusing the shit out of that brand new beautiful IS F.
tennisfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tennisfreak For This Useful Post:
chas3wba0 (03-07-2014)
Old 03-07-2014, 04:59 PM   #723
mp22

Drives: 2000 Acura ITR
Quote:
Originally Posted by frs10 View Post
u wanna give it a go?

are you a real person or a fake account modeled after the people this thread is about
mp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:36 PM   #724
ATESIX

Drives: '13 Scion FR-S Whiteout
The other night I had some jackass in a 350z pace me for about a mile trying to get me to race him. His car had a ton more work done to it than mine. One would think that, being a car guy, one might understand that 350z vs frs is incredibly uneven, even stock. I'm pretty sure it was a d-bag military idiot, there are no shortages of those here in Hawaii.

> Go on deployment (thank you for your service)
> Come back alive (thank you to the powers at be)
> Buy nice car with deployment money
> Modify nice car and neglect actually being responsible with the money fought for
> Act like idiot on the road trying to race slower cars than you

...This seems like the trend here in Hawaii (speaking generally)

*all due respect to military members and their families, please just stop acting like assholes.
ATESIX is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ATESIX For This Useful Post:
Bg8780 (03-11-2014)
Old 03-08-2014, 12:07 AM   #725
Apex_BRZ

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited (WRB)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Had a guy in an El Camino harassing me this morning on the way to work. He floored it past me when traffic cleared, roaring away and then backing off the throttle about 15-20 car lengths ahead. Just let him go as I kept on trucking along with cruise on. He stopped at the light to go straight as I got in the lane next to him to turn right. He rolled down the window as I came to a stop and looked at my car as I turned and drove off.

Wanted to hear the exhaust, maybe? My car is bone stock. I'm sure he was disappointed.
Apex_BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 01:37 PM   #726
frs10

Drives: tezla
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp22 View Post
are you a real person or a fake account modeled after the people this thread is about
bot

come at me bro
frs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:06 PM   #727
woode
Boosted Member

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via MSN to woode
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATESIX View Post
The other night I had some jackass in a 350z pace me for about a mile trying to get me to race him. His car had a ton more work done to it than mine. One would think that, being a car guy, one might understand that 350z vs frs is incredibly uneven, even stock. I'm pretty sure it was a d-bag military idiot, there are no shortages of those here in Hawaii.

> Go on deployment (thank you for your service)
> Come back alive (thank you to the powers at be)
> Buy nice car with deployment money
> Modify nice car and neglect actually being responsible with the money fought for
> Act like idiot on the road trying to race slower cars than you

...This seems like the trend here in Hawaii (speaking generally)

*all due respect to military members and their families, please just stop acting like assholes.
I'm in the military and I will be the first to admit: Unfortunately there are a lot of douchebags. The guys who dress up in their uniforms at bars just to get free drinks, act like assholes while representing the US, etc.. They are an embarrassment to most of us.
2010 Subaru Impreza WRX PRM SSM
woode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:13 PM   #728
ST22

Drives: 2014 6MT Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by woode View Post
I'm in the military and I will be the first to admit: Unfortunately there are a lot of douchebags. The guys who dress up in their uniforms at bars just to get free drinks, act like assholes while representing the US, etc.. They are an embarrassment to most of us.
Former active USAF here, yup. So many Monte Carlos and and 90's civics. Occasionally I would see a nice STI, and I once spent some time with an E5 who had a GTR. They were the (polite and friendly) exceptions to the norm.
ST22 is offline   Reply With Quote