follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 05-07-2012, 09:02 AM   #71
reni
Nobody beats the B[I|R]Z

Drives: shopping cart i stole from walmart
Thanked 1,145 Times in 456 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAE View Post
2010 Nissan GT-R
Pics or GTFO
-- Niki Lauda
reni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:09 AM   #72
BAE

Drives: BRZ Ltd WRB
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Canuck View Post
Reading his other posts, it appears he is from - and returning to - Norway. Heaven forbid he's not just another stupid American racking up debt.

BTW, what car are you trading in to get your BRZ?
The Captain is right! I am buying the BRZ to bring back to Norway where tax regime for cars is just wild. I love the GT-R (570 hp), but sometimes I miss the nibleness of a light car. I have had 2 Miata's earlier. But I plan to stick a supercharger kit in my container to compensate a little bit. I do not intend to be passed by M3's on the track. :-)
Old 05-07-2012, 09:14 AM   #73
BAE

Drives: BRZ Ltd WRB
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
My GT-R
Old 05-07-2012, 09:17 AM   #74
zyzauto

Drives: FR-S/BRZ haven't decide yet...
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
2012 Hyundai veloster... 3000. Miles
zyzauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #75
BillY2KFRC

Drives: 2003 Corvette Z06, ECS Dry Sump 427
Blue 2000 Acura Integra LS 5spd with 144k miles. It's been a good daily driver for the past 6 years, I'll miss it. Don't see many clean, bone stock Integras like mine anymore sadly. I'm sure my new BRZ will cheer me up however.

2013 Subaru BRZ Limited - WRB, 6MT, PTuning Header, Motriv OP & FP, Perrin Res. Catback, Toms Tail Lights, Sprint Springs, Rays 57DR Wheels, 186rwhp
BillY2KFRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:57 AM   #76
kevinnivek8877

Drives: BRZ
03 Celica GTS 158k miles - still running strong
kevinnivek8877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #77
bslag

Drives: 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS
Garage
2009 Lancer GTS with ~65k - good riddance.
bslag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #78
bslag

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_driver View Post
This. Already sold since I don't think the trade in would have worked out very well.

this.
Vegas, but ordering from Lee's Summit, MO? o.O
Old 05-07-2012, 10:52 AM   #79
ashtray
As Seen On The Internet

Drives: 2003 WRX, 2013 BRZ, 442
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
'97 Miata w 66k miles. or so the wife thinks. I'm planning on keeping the Miata at least another year after buying the BRZ, then I will see depending on how much use the Miata gets, my financial position, and market conditions.

I also have a WRX wagon w/ 100k miles that I plan on keeping.

FWIW - if you don't have experience trading a car in to a dealer, let me tell you how it works: they take the trade in value for your car, then subtract est costs for items the car needs. You end up with a hassle free transaction (usually*) but very little cash in your pocket. If you have a CarMax near you - take it there for a quote. They will buy your car even if you don't buy theirs. They pay closer to trade in value, depending on the car/mileage/condition.
CarMax buys your car with the intention of selling it, whereas the dealer typically dumps it at auction - hence their low offer bc they don't want to lose money on it.

On the other hand, while selling privately can get you more money, it's also more work, and involves strangers who may or may not drive well (or even have insurance) getting behind the wheel of your car. If your car is not paid off, you have the added layer of arranging the payoff and release of lien with the buyer's funds.
ashtray is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ashtray For This Useful Post:
Chee-Hu (05-07-2012)
Old 05-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #80
Chee-Hu

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Canuck View Post
Yes because everyone must be in the same life situation or in one you can relate to, otherwise it's BS

Reading his other posts, it appears he is from - and returning to - Norway. Heaven forbid he's not just another stupid American racking up debt.

BTW, what car are you trading in to get your BRZ?
Take a chill pill, sir. It just boggles the mind how much of a downgrade that is. I didn't say it was impossible. I guess my post was somehow offending?

In regards to what I'll be trading in, I've already posted it. Perhaps if you didn't have too much time criticizing my post you would have gone back a page or two?
Chee-Hu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:19 PM   #81
Capt Canuck

Drives: BMW E36 323is
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
^Yes, I missed the RSX, poor skimming on my part. Bad me.

But you effectively called the guy a liar, with nothing to go on other than your personal opinion. Not cool at all.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:27 PM   #82
worfworf

Drives: Honda Odyssey, Evo X
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtray View Post
'97 Miata w 66k miles. or so the wife thinks. I'm planning on keeping the Miata at least another year after buying the BRZ, then I will see depending on how much use the Miata gets, my financial position, and market conditions.

I also have a WRX wagon w/ 100k miles that I plan on keeping.

FWIW - if you don't have experience trading a car in to a dealer, let me tell you how it works: they take the trade in value for your car, then subtract est costs for items the car needs. You end up with a hassle free transaction (usually*) but very little cash in your pocket. If you have a CarMax near you - take it there for a quote. They will buy your car even if you don't buy theirs. They pay closer to trade in value, depending on the car/mileage/condition.
CarMax buys your car with the intention of selling it, whereas the dealer typically dumps it at auction - hence their low offer bc they don't want to lose money on it.

On the other hand, while selling privately can get you more money, it's also more work, and involves strangers who may or may not drive well (or even have insurance) getting behind the wheel of your car. If your car is not paid off, you have the added layer of arranging the payoff and release of lien with the buyer's funds.
what color is your miata? I would like to buy a very good condition Miata in the future.
worfworf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:07 PM   #83
bslag

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTME View Post
I don't understand all the people (not just you, and no offense meant) trading in cars that are <3 years old in this thread. It certainly can't be a good move financially. Did you just end up with a car that you decided you didn't like after driving for long enough?
That's pretty much exactly where I'm at. I've been looking for a reason to get rid of it for quite some time now.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:15 PM   #84
RedArmy
Subaru Aficionado

Drives: 2013 DGM 6MT Subaru BRZ
Send a message via AIM to RedArmy
Do you think a Subaru dealership would allow me to trade in my 1986 Honda Civic towards a small part of the BRZ? It only has ~57,000 miles (yes, original) on it and it's in damn good shape. I'm just not sure due to the age if I'd be better off selling it private party because part of me imagines them saying "$500, best we can do"...or just laugh in my face even.
RedArmy is offline   Reply With Quote