follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Scion FR-S and Toyota 86

User Tag List

Old 05-21-2014, 05:59 PM   #29
schmidty

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
No I live in the US

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No what? I'm saying it's probably illegal in canada
schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:01 PM   #30
suaveflooder

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 1,052 Times in 664 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Doubt its illegal, the prev gen honda civics had red turn signals, along with some Mercedes with red LED turn signals as well. There are other cars that are the same. I've never been hassled for mine
Got in an accident on monday. Body shop let me know it IS in fact ILLEGAL to darken or tint tail lights in any way. Guy was still awesome! He said that he wouldn't touch them, but had no problem with me ordering aftermarket lights. Toms are on their way
suaveflooder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:32 PM   #31
Mooseknuckle44

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
Spray painted tail lights always look cheap. Just buy TOM'S if you want them to be red.
I'm sure if he wanted ugly a$$ TOMS he'd have gotten them. Prolly trying to be an individual and not like 90% of the other twin owners.
Now he has what he wants and he saved enough coin for a couple other mods.
2013 FRS-Asphalt-M6-Invidia N1, K&N drop in, plasti dipped emblems, debadged FRS, Spyder II tails, 5000K Bi-xenon HID's, red demon eyes, Quad halo's, switchbacks w/Tapturn mod,Grimmspeed hood struts, led everything exterior, H&R 25mmF/15mmR spacers, Sportlines, SPC LCA's..(FUN car)
Mooseknuckle44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:12 PM   #32
Snowblind
Banned

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Okay.
Snowblind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:31 PM   #33
Wes

Drives: JRSC'd Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveflooder View Post
Got in an accident on monday. Body shop let me know it IS in fact ILLEGAL to darken or tint tail lights in any way. Guy was still awesome! He said that he wouldn't touch them, but had no problem with me ordering aftermarket lights. Toms are on their way

Congrats on toms! Yeah that's true strictly speaking but tell that to people that tint their lights all black. At least the red is transparent and light still flows through. But in terms of red signal lights, that should be fine considering other cars have it

suaveflooder (05-22-2014)
Old 05-22-2014, 01:02 AM   #34
suaveflooder

Thanked 1,052 Times in 664 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Congrats on toms! Yeah that's true strictly speaking but tell that to people that tint their lights all black. At least the red is transparent and light still flows through. But in terms of red signal lights, that should be fine considering other cars have it

Thanks! I'm excited to get my Toms, even though @Mooseknuckle44 thinks they are "ugly a$$" lights. Out of all the aftermarket options, I think that these are the cleanest and the least "ricey" (probably why they are so popular)

As far as the "tinted red" lights are concerned, that is EXACTLY what I figured. Never had any issues and I have been pulled over with them (tint ticket ). They really looked factory, so I don't see them causing much of an issue with the popo.
suaveflooder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 01:06 AM   #35
Wes

Drives: JRSC'd Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveflooder View Post
Thanks! I'm excited to get my Toms, even though @Mooseknuckle44 thinks they are "ugly a$$" lights. Out of all the aftermarket options, I think that these are the cleanest and the least "ricey" (probably why they are so popular)

As far as the "tinted red" lights are concerned, that is EXACTLY what I figured. Never had any issues and I have been pulled over with them (tint ticket ). They really looked factory, so I don't see them causing much of an issue with the popo.

Nah toms are sick lol one of my fav tails out there lol. Yeah I had my stocks redded out too til I got bored and got valentis

suaveflooder (05-22-2014)