follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 06-15-2013, 08:01 AM   #1415
losjackal

Drives: FR-S 10-series #405
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderDan View Post
Moto-P generously let me drive his last May, selling me on the AT, and I've been dreaming about the car ever since.
I've also been dreaming about owning this car since it hit land, having the Argento Silver as my laptop background for the past year. I was elated to discover the Limited edition silver with the better interior, and your line above affirmed my own personal choice for the AT. Thanks!

Quote:
I got to watch as the Pro/Celebrity Race cars were being developed by my friends at the Toyota Motorsports garage in Torrance, and was there to see them race at the Long Beach Grand Prix.
This is rebroadcasting tomorrow, but I don't have the Speed channel. Would any of you be willing and able to record and digitize it into a video file for me (Quicktime, MP4, etc)? Maybe I could download via Dropbox?
losjackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:22 AM   #1416
Ledippen

Drives: 2013 Fr-s Firestorm 2013 Fr-s 10ser
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by losjackal View Post
I've also been dreaming about owning this car since it hit land, having the Argento Silver as my laptop background for the past year. I was elated to discover the Limited edition silver with the better interior, and your line above affirmed my own personal choice for the AT. Thanks!
I have a Firestorm AT and i think of it as a little red ferrari without the power lol. I drove a manual for 6 years and the auto makes it a little easier but also it allow me to concentrate on driving on the track more. although i m getting a manual 10 series because MT is better for me overall because MT requires you to pay attention to the surrounding more. Also my philosphy is if you cant drive a manual you shouldnt drive. should see how people drive in europe... woman can be scary with mt
Ledippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:41 PM   #1417
FiRStsc10n
Canadian FR-S Member

Drives: FR-S '10 Series'
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Awesome news torq, thanks for the update. I think we can all sleep better now

I searched this thread and I know it was brought up but couldn't find a 100% answer, maybe I missed something. But does anyone know if the 10 Series does in fact come with a different interior dash trim (not the space invader Toyota T's).

Wonder if the reason is because this will be on MY2014s, or if the illumniated dash light didn't look good on the regular dash trim. I do like how it looks like a better carbon fiber, but I kinda did like how the T's matched the other interior features like the A/C, Tachometer, & Window controls.
FiRStsc10n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:03 PM   #1418
TRD-X

Drives: Da-Big Banana
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
Damn man, you got it bad!
Agree he's like a kid waiting on Santa to come..!!
Old 06-15-2013, 02:14 PM   #1419
_B_

Drives: FRS 10 Series
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Well, after a month of talking to 6 or 7 dealers in my area about the 10 series (sure, we have plenty of those! When would you like to come in and test drive one? What color do you want?), I finally got a response from a dealer with a VIN number, so I went with them. Put my deposit down, and he said he would be getting the car June 29th... so two weeks isn't a terrible wait! I am just hoping they don't mess with the price or anything. He quoted me slightly under the MSRP, which I would be more than happy with.
_B_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #1420
applekash

Drives: Series 10 FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Module Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMIL View Post
That is not what the dealer explained to me. He said the 6.1 inch touchscreen is included in the price. The bespoke upgrade with navigation was $1100 before but they have now cut the price in half. There would be no reason to pay $550 extra when the 6.1 without nav and bespoke is included for free. All I know is mine will have nav and bespoke for $550. I don't know what your dealer is trying to charge you a higher amount for unless he has not heard this news yet. Mine just got it today because I inquired due to that link.
I was wondering what dealership are you dealing with. I am trying to get this module added to my Scion Series 10 as well although the dealership I am dealing with does not seem to be aware of this add on. It seems like they are under the impression that the bespoke is the original radio that comes with original Scion FRS... and they quoted a $800 price range. (long story) Perhaps maybe a part number or the dealer in question so I can get my dealership to do the same. Thanks.
applekash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:18 PM   #1421
SpyderDan
Toyota hoarder

Drives: 10 Series FR-S, 05 xB, MR-S GT-300
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiRStsc10n
But does anyone know if the 10 Series does in fact come with a different interior dash trim (not the space invader Toyota T's).
Wonder if the reason is because this will be on MY2014s, or if the illumniated dash light didn't look good on the regular dash trim. I do like how it looks like a better carbon fiber, but I kinda did like how the T's matched the other interior features like the A/C, Tachometer, & Window controls.
The 10 Series that was displayed at Toyotafest (which I assume is that same one that was at the New York auto show) did not appear to be any different from the regular dash design.

I wonder if they swapped the dash panels (it was a daytime show, and they didn't demonstrate any light-up features), or if those photos released were photoshopped.
SpyderDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #1422
applekash

Drives: Series 10 FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqdork View Post
Great deal! I'd get that in writing. My dealer just sent the final pricing for mine and the P3 Bespoke PIO is shown as $675 dealer cost.
I am trying to get my dealership to get this module onto my series 10 as well, although they don't really seem to know what I am talking about. I am on the line with Scion (1800+) and the rep. does not seem to know much either. What dealership are you dealing with? Or any help you can provide to get my dealership to add this module as well, whether for 675 or 550.. Thanks.

(Update: It seems like the (1800) Scion Rep. was able to locate what I was talking about and is now contacting the dealership to get that information out to them.)

Update 2: Now it seems like the Bespoke upgrade module seems not to be available because the region I am in (Gulf States Toyota) is a "private" distributor of these vehicles.. Scion said they would continue working with them to try to make this available for me) ....

Last edited by applekash; 06-15-2013 at 05:01 PM.
applekash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:05 PM   #1423
FiRStsc10n
Canadian FR-S Member

Quote:
The 10 Series that was displayed at Toyotafest (which I assume is that same one that was at the New York auto show) did not appear to be any different from the regular dash design.

I wonder if they swapped the dash panels (it was a daytime show, and they didn't demonstrate any light-up features), or if those photos released were photoshopped.
Hmm I wonder

Here is a comparison for those not knowing what I mean
Regular Scion FR-S/Toyota GT86

Scion FR-S 10 Series
Old 06-15-2013, 05:08 PM   #1424
hunter3232792

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
kendall toyota is gettin 3 the first shipment !
Old 06-15-2013, 05:45 PM   #1425
JSMIL

Drives: FRS 10 series
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by applekash View Post
I was wondering what dealership are you dealing with. I am trying to get this module added to my Scion Series 10 as well although the dealership I am dealing with does not seem to be aware of this add on. It seems like they are under the impression that the bespoke is the original radio that comes with original Scion FRS... and they quoted a $800 price range. (long story) Perhaps maybe a part number or the dealer in question so I can get my dealership to do the same. Thanks.
The dealership I am dealing with is First Team Scion in Chesapeake VA. The sales person I have been dealing with is named Chris. I don't have the number on me now, but you can look it up.
JSMIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:17 PM   #1426
SpyderDan
Toyota hoarder

Drives: 10 Series FR-S, 05 xB, MR-S GT-300
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiRStsc10n View Post
Hmm I wonder

Here is a comparison for those not knowing what I mean
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. When I saw the car in person at Toyotafest, this was one of the things I wanted to see up close. It looked just like the standard dash panels.
SpyderDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:39 PM   #1427
FiRStsc10n
Canadian FR-S Member

I have no complaints, I like the darker faux CF T's that will match the T's nicely on the dual zone climate. Thanks for info Dan
Old 06-15-2013, 09:00 PM   #1428
supra2nv

Drives: 10 Series TRD
Thanked 1,169 Times in 700 Posts
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqdork View Post
^ Poetry.
it is lol..
supra2nv is offline   Reply With Quote