follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 08-20-2012, 09:36 PM   #1
Superhatch
AIM4APX

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Scratches on my Cluster.

So I dropped my car off at the dealer to get some warranty items checked out. Great service, great place. I left the dealership and it was raining so no direct sunlight but light enough that my auto light sensor kept my lights off. I drove the car home, parked it and left it sit until I went to work the next morning.

The next morning the direct sunlight on the gauge cluster plastic showed what seemed to be 2 scratches that were not there Wed morning (two lower right, big mark is a smudge from my fingerprint). Then later that evening when my gauge cluster lights came on I noticed the one that goes across the tach. That one is actually much deeper than the others in the lower right, but doesn't show up well in this photo.

I know every inch of my car, every ding, nick, stain no matter how small, and I know that I didn't do this. My wife rides in the car but can't drive stick, so I know it wasn't her either...which only leaves the dealership. I talked to them and they will not cover any of this because they can't see how they could have done it while only being in the interior to check the shift knob.

They did offer to try and use a micro polish to try and get it out when I bring the car back in for the tail light change. I have a couple questions though:

1. Can you order the plastic only? Every cluster I've ever seen is cluster and plastic as one ordered piece.

2. Anyone know the price on a new cluster? Are there any used ones yet?

3. Anyone ever repaired something like this before?

4. Should I have any expectation that the dealer should cover this?
Old 08-20-2012, 09:46 PM   #2
whitefrs
Love Boost!!!!!!!!

Drives: Whiteout Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
that sucks

i would complain to the dealer
Old 08-20-2012, 09:50 PM   #3
style86

Drives: 1986 Toyota Corolla
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
That would make me mad, but come on, it's a car. It's bound to get scratches, whether it is your fault or not. I say buy some plastic polish compound and be done with it.
style86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:56 PM   #4
ngabdala
Vortech Supercharged

Drives: WRB BRZ 6MT LTD
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
That is unacceptable. Force the issue. Make sure you're 100% you didn't do this.