follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 07-16-2017, 11:42 AM   #15
cjd

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Thanked 2,928 Times in 1,714 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by reynierpm View Post
First of all thank you. Now it's a good idea to start changing, maybe, part by part and with this I mean follow what you did before by starting first with the tweeters, then if I don't like continue with the middle range and so on.
In general, drivers aren't interchangeable.

Without sensitivity matching (and a few other things) you may end up with crap frequency response... And it can be tough to figure out what's going on. It can even sound good if its just louder in the right places by making you hear things in a new way, yet still have bad frequency response. Lots of big box speakers play these tricks to stand out in a crowd, but the reality is they grow very tiring to listen to at best... And get the wrong mix of parts or wire up wrong for those parts and you can end up with big holes in the sound...

C
cjd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cjd For This Useful Post:
pfaffendorn (07-16-2017)
Old 07-31-2017, 04:03 PM   #16
reynierpm

Drives: Toyota 86 2017 Black
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Does any one knows if this C5 650 will fit in this car?? As per this post I am not sure at all.

Also does any know the amp measures?
reynierpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 03:47 PM   #17
driggity

Drives: Silver Coupe with a Boxer
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reynierpm View Post
I've already replace the OEM head unit for the Sony XAV-AX100 which is pretty good (sometimes I get some issues with Bluetooth)

What Bluetooth issues do you have? I've been considering this head unit because I like Android Auto and the physical volume knob but I pretty much only use Bluetooth so that's got to be reliable.
driggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 03:51 PM   #18
reynierpm

Drives: Toyota 86 2017 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by driggity View Post
What Bluetooth issues do you have? I've been considering this head unit because I like Android Auto and the physical volume knob but I pretty much only use Bluetooth so that's got to be reliable.
When I turn on the engine and the head unit goes on sometimes - is not all the time - I can't connect the phone over Bluetooh, I am not sure if it's a problem from the Unit itself or from the wiring
reynierpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 04:43 PM   #19
kowalski

Drives: 2016 brz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
the front mid is largely un-necessary. it adds complication and options, but for a basic build, a 2 way component is good.
I just did a front-mid install of jl audio c1-400x, you can check it here.
I also thought that it woul'd not make much of a difference but to my surprise it did. So I woul'd rather suggest that you give it a try. You can check speakers in these locations just fixing the wires with electric tape to the harness (once OEM speaker removed) and see for yourselves befor fitting anything. I agree on the rear speakers though. They do not do much. I also like to fade the sound a little bit forward and to the passenger side. That's how I feel my system is more balanced. But that's just me.
PS: @Chimera I woul'd thank you for the threads and comments also but I do not have the option to do so, yet.

Last edited by kowalski; 09-14-2017 at 04:46 PM. Reason: thanking guys.
kowalski is offline   Reply With Quote