follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 11-20-2014, 06:16 PM   #1
00NissanNinja
The Thread Lurker

Drives: '14 BRZ, '17 GTI, MT09
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Nameless Performance Cam Plate

Well I figured I'd be different and try another part that I've not seen commented about here as opposed to the Raceseng cam plate. Ohhhhh was I wrong to do that. This thing does not stop oil from leaking at all, just made a lot worse. "Oil leak delete kit" more like "Oil leak guaranteed kit." Don't know if mines is just screwed up or something but it leaks and leaks quite a lot. It is definitely installed properly. The initial draw was that it didn't require rtv (Like the Racer X cam plate I believe). Well time to go burn more money, should have just warranted the damn thing.
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 08:19 PM   #2
00NissanNinja
The Thread Lurker

Drives: '14 BRZ, '17 GTI, MT09
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
@37 I.e. is it defective or not, not really any way to tell. But I can post a pic of the part to itself its off the car. There is no way you can fuck up installing this, its literally place oring and tighten three bolts. The o ring is properly placed. Now they claim that's all you have to do, but that did not prove true. Since the o ring didn't seem crushed at all I can only assume that the the etching for the oring is too deep.

I only post this for information, if any else has success with this part that would be great to know otherwise it didn't work at all for me. Stock is back on with rtv I've got work in the morning...
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote