follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides

DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides For all DIYs.

User Tag List

Old 04-26-2017, 04:15 PM   #197
switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race

Drives: Subaru Libird
Thanked 2,718 Times in 1,079 Posts
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[quote=Markk;2898987]
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchlanez View Post
So which one is correct? I've removed my rear struts have been swapped out 3 times and no longer have a stock point of reference nor recall if I stayed consistent with the orientation every time.

I'm guessing this the tab sticking up toward the top back right of the picture is what we're all referring to:

[/QUOTE

Sorry to revive this post too, but I'd like to know the rationale for this tabs position and if it matters? I tried to look around but I couldnt find an answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
As far as I can tell the part is symmetrical and the tab is irrelevant to owners.

Things like that may be used for manufacturing purposes like locating the rubber during assembly as it's pressed into the metal part. I'm sure there's a 'correct' way to put it in, but I don't think it matters, I long forgot as I've taken mine apart and put it back together dozens of times.
According to this, the OEM put red markings on front and rear strut tops for reference to orient them toward the front of the vehicle.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fam1rJSGcx8"]Scion FR-S KW Suspension Step-by-Step Installation - YouTube[/ame]